It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set to blow? Supervolcano Campi Flegrei reawakening near Naples, could hit 500,000 people

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

the only explanation would be for the rays to already have been hitting earth prior to the 2004 earthquake. If only there was existing data to check out how the atmosphere was on the 26th.

In anycase, if a big quake occurs while this thing is hitting us, we may have some extra data to work with. For now it is only a theory.

Edit: It is kinda worrisome because if the OP is correct, it may trigger an early Super eruption.
edit on rd2016000000Fridayrd000000Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:05:23 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Dec 2016 10:05:23 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
This is very interesting and I really hope nothing comes of it, but it does tie in with a thread that was posted a few days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Essentially the dried blood of Saint Januarius failed to liquefy in a ceremony in Naples, Italy, on Saturday, according to a report in Italy's La Stampa, heralding disaster for next year.

I know, I know, a lot of superstitious nonsense right?

Or, the catholic church got intel about the volcanic activity, know it is about to blow up and is trying to capitalize it with their best psy ops aka "miracles".

"Never let a good crisis go to waste".

Disgusting stuff.

Ps. In 1939 the start of the WWII had the blood of the "saint" not working too. Do we really need the miracle to start to think about a possible WWIII or there is enough evidence we can "catch" from war superpower countries from the past years? Do the religion business know something we don't know?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Hrmm....so it is either that or Yellowstone?

This will take me some time to read but thank you, was not aware or have heard of this.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: Imagewerx

Well first of all, I don't have all the answers. I can't even get raw data out of the place. And plus, what you're asking is about as impossible as asking when it will blow. The best scientists don't know. So let me get this straight. You want me to tell you where it's going to blow so that you can plan your vacation accordingly, and perhaps just barely escape any catastrophe? R U serious?

Sorry but my post came out ruder than intended.Before I read this topic I was unaware there were any other potentially active super volcanoes in the world other than Yellowstone.I have read everything you've written and do fully understand that what's holding you back here is lack of data and I'm not expecting you or anyone else to be able to predict with any degree of accuracy exactly where the first eruption (if that's the correct technical term) will take place.

I was merely interested that when I put Campi Flegrei into Google Earth that it centred it on what appear to be mud pits that are venting some sort of gas,this to my mind would mean that this is the only place in the immediate vicinity showing signs of any sort of geothermal activity,so must be connected more closely with what's happening underground around here? The massive crater a mile or so to the north of there is obviously evidence of a previous event,but not one as big or cataclysmic as the one that made the Bay of Naples.I see it's called the Astroni crater so will go and read up on it soon.

I was going to visit Italy next year anyway just to visit Venice (it's on my bucket list),but as spending a week in Yellowstone this year gave me my first taste of any sort of geothermal activity,I added an active volcano to my bucket list knowing what Italy has to offer.Trust me when I say I'm not one of these Chinese tourists with an iPhone on a selfie stick wandering around oblivious to any imminent danger.I will keep watching this topic and others to keep myself as up to date with this potential problem and will adjust my holiday plans accordingly.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

There is more to think about than just the immediate area.

The amount of gas released would cause global impact. If the eruption itself is one that is regionally contained, that is a huge disaster, monstrous, but if the magma that comes out is very gassy, that could cause havoc with global climate for a period of years, and that is before we talk about potential ash and what it could do.

Pinatubo was a VEI6 and it impacted the world for the next year.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
b.t.w is the campi already marked yellow or are the responsebles for it waiting for white smoke...convinced that it will never happens. ?
in an denieing state.....
edit on 23-12-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It seems that at solar minimum we are bombarded with cosmic rays. It even seems that volcanoes with a large amount of silicate can suddenly go booom, if it hits the volcano I guess ?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
From August 1982 to December 1984 the city experienced hundreds of tremors and bradyseismic activity which reached a peak on October 4, 1983, damaging 8,000 buildings in the city center and dislocating 36,000 people, many permanently. The events raised the sea bottom by almost 2 m, and rendered the Bay of Pozzuoli too shallow for large craft.

It would be interesting to compare any available data from that time period to what's occurring now

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
For some reason, it appears that Italy will not share its seismic data for public consumption. None of its networks are carried at IRIS. I have exhausted all efforts. I have one last hope left, but that source is currently down. It is being looked into, though, that much I can say. But even then I don't believe I will be able to get any of the Flegrei stations.

The problem of course with looking at simple heliplots is that I don't know for sure if those signatures are microquakes, LP events, or what. Could be just noise. Plus I don't see any calibration scale, to give me an idea of amplitude. I am definitely spoiled by spectro. When I don't have it, I feel almost blind.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Have you tried emailing Erik or Boris? They are totally approachable.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Jaded, the problem a lot of people don't seem to understand is that this is not an isolated event. There has been an increase in seismic and geothermal heating events all over the globe, and if the Sun's activity continues like it has been doing with a decrease in geomagnetic storms but an increase in other types of energy the sun emits, such as visible light, and soft x-rays emitted during flares, and the increase in nano flares, plus the fact that Earth's magnetic field has continued weakening will continue to affect seismic, and magmatic/geothermal heating.

A lot of people only concentrate on the biggest flares, and the biggest CMes, but nano-flares have the capicity of emitting a lot of soft x-rays, which for some strange reason the sun is emitting more soft x-rays than normal and this has the capacity to enter the lower regions of Earth't atmosphere. not only will the Earth's warming continue, but seismic, and magmatic/geothermal events will also continue increasing. It is not helping Earth, nor the sun nor the other planets in the solar system that the amount of cosmic rays entering the solar system has also been increasing.

These events are not isolated, and my only wish is that people prepare in whatever way they can. People have been brainwashed to believe that "mankind is the strongest force in the solar system and the galaxy that controls Earth" which is false. This belief is based on arrogance, assumptions and views based on lies. All we can do is try to adapt to these changes which are periodic and have happened in the past and will happen again in the future.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

you made me think of this.....

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Whatever happens people will continue to copulate.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Three days of darkness

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yeah, I know that cosmic events have a greater effect upon earth's atmosphere than we; we dirty things up and make big messes, but it's incomparable to what the sun does.

The weakeneing of the solar wind is what has lead the jet stream to wander in recent years. The volcanic activity under the ice in Antarctica melting the glaciers from beneath and add to deep ocean warming.

Concurrent with the weakening if the solar wind, the heliopause will have been 'thinned' thus allowing more of the cosmic zoo of particles to reach the inner solar system.

The following two research threads touch on this:

Is the Local Interstellar Cloud affecting us in any way?

And

Is there a connection between the Expanding Earth & Electric Universe theories?

I'm of the opinion that there are more interconnections between the sun and the planets than just gravity.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have lost all faith in man's abilities to stay on topic. Forget it. It just ain't gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Three days of darkness

I don't think this would be a global event, but it very well could impact the Middle East.

"Mountain on fire hurled into the sea" - the caldera is in the bay

Dark sun and blood red moon ...

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
Rev. 6: 12-14

Now I ought to back off the creepy factor some.

There is no guarantee this is going to happen or that it means anything at all even if it does.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think with something this profound, it's pretty irresponsible to not have the information linked into broader networks, but I guess if you're worried about panic, keeping it all in the family is one way to control the message.

It just makes me wonder what if anything Italy would plan to do if they did see something big headed their way.

Sadly, I have little faith in altruistic governments.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ya, I agree with you bigtime but, I always
Feel compelled to remind people these things will come to pass. No matter what they believe or think.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
I have lost all faith in man's abilities to stay on topic. Forget it. It just ain't gonna happen.

If it blows and blocks out the sun, what will the topic be then?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join