It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trump is done with ‘drain the swamp’" - another broken promise?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Donald Trump fired up campaign crowds with a promise to “drain the swamp” of Washington corruption. But former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says the president-elect has soured on that populist rallying cry now that he has won the White House.

No More 'Drain the Swamp' slogan

Getting rid of one of the main things that got him elected? Gee, I wonder what else he lied about to get elected?

"Trump is done with ‘drain the swamp’ slogan". You dropped the last part from the title. Misleading much?

To the hoax bin, please.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
Now the wall is going to be a fence

TRUMP'S WALL

edit on 21-12-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"Give him a chance"

We gave him a chance during the primary where he mocked the disabled guy and made so many promises to his audience.
He has no honor, even to his adoring supporters.

He punked you out and you go back for more. Amazing...

bend over....you reap what you sow...Galatians 6:7
edit on 21-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Yes We Can , Yes We Can , Yes We Can ....If He could of had but didn't it was only some kind of a political chant that most if not all politicians try to create or steal from some past hit song . so drain the swamp is not anything I have heard on the news but then again they were talking about little hands and the like . So I suggest we all start with a chant for Trump something to the effect as Yes he will , yes he will, yes he will ..When he takes the office which is not too far off in the future .

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I know the post wasn't replied to me, I just joined this thread.

Now not saying you have...but if all you do is get a paycheck for 40 hours, or worse, form opinions from the internet and tv?...

You may be sitting higher than the rest of us standing, but you are still riding from the efforts of others.

Get off your high horse and never get back on again...

If all you do is sit on high and spit at the peasants for having an opinion, then I hope people have kindness if your horse dies and you hit the dirt.

I fear you'd be trampled, but then karma is a cruel mistress.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Donald Trump fired up campaign crowds with a promise to “drain the swamp” of Washington corruption. But former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says the president-elect has soured on that populist rallying cry now that he has won the White House.

No More 'Drain the Swamp' slogan

Getting rid of one of the main things that got him elected? Gee, I wonder what else he lied about to get elected?

Yes Trump lied about what he intended to do, it's what politicians do

At least trump is not a clinton, I can deal with broken promises, just not a clinton

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The earliest date I can identify that "drain the swamp" entered Trump's campaign lexicon is October 17, 2016, a mere three weeks before November 8. Hardly a deciding factor in his win, and certainly nothing that should be remotely considered "one of the main things" that got him elected.

If you can identify an earlier date, then I'll acknowledge it *may* have impacted some voters. However, my gut says the phrase had very, very little to do with the fervor of rallies throughout the campaign (including the primary) or contributed to the loyalty of his supporters since it only appeared in the waning weeks.

A few things that unarguably contributed to the win: A wicked-smart campaign strategist who understood the Electoral College, and how to flip or secure a light-blue or purple county; Blue Dog Democrats; Jobs, Jobs, and Jobs; Basket of Deplorables; and 9/11 Fainting Spell.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Now that he drained the swamp directly into his cabinet, then there is no reason to speak of it I see. It's going to be an interesting 4 years thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
OK, so it's clear that what I said flew right over everyone.

What I was alluding is this:

There are two ways to interpret this remark. The left clearly wants to say that Trump means he never intended to reform anything at all about how Washington works and this is what he means when he says he no longer wants to use "drain the swamp."

It could also simply mean that the never liked the terminology for the reforms he intends, but when he used the phrase, it caught on and ended up being the simplest and easiest way to get that message across. Now that he's elected, he no longer needs the phrase and can get on with what he intends without needing to use that phrase. It doesn't necessarily mean any of his plans have changed at all and he still intends to reform how Washington works and the scope and scale of government.

Since he is not in power, we don't have any way to really know for sure at this point in time what it means.

One would actually think the former is what he means.

But then one would actually have to "think".

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

AS IF any Trump supporters have a freaking clue what he's up to. They are just trying to put the puzzle pieces together like everybody else.

I don't think the anti-trumpers have any clue. His ethical reform has been crystal clear since the day he mentioned it, except anti-trumpers won't listen, and then make absurd claims like this.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My favorite is when he went from state to state blasting candidates for taking money from Goldman Sachs, and then he hires the top guy from Goldman Sachs....

Oh Trump, you delightfully idiotic hypocrite.......

Speaking of idiotic, I'm not sure if you know what a hypocrite is, but it would only be hypocritical if Trump started taking donations from Goldman Sachs. He never blasted candidates for hiring Goldman Sachs employees, only for taking donations from them. This is probably the third fail in this thread, but is the common theme among the anti-trumpers.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He never said that, its cnn that made him say it.

edit on 21-12-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

No one reads his policies or listens to him. No wonder people believe this tripe. Let's wait.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: angeldoll

AS IF any Trump supporters have a freaking clue what he's up to. They are just trying to put the puzzle pieces together like everybody else.

I don't think the anti-trumpers have any clue. His ethical reform has been crystal clear since the day he mentioned it, except anti-trumpers won't listen, and then make absurd claims like this.

I don't think you know what ethics means. Using ethics and trump in the same sentence requires yuggge cognative shortcuts.

The man's business dealings with others was far from ethical.

www.wsj.com...
fortune.com...
nymag.com...

There are pages of trump ****in people over; how many would you like to see?

or you can google it yourself....

edit on 21-12-2016 by olaru12 because: zokop

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
holy dog sh1t who Fu#&ing cares? this is like a joke post right?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgrenual
They said he was going to stop using the PHRASE.

Not that he wasn't going to do it.

have you seen any proof that he is going to do it in his cabinet choices?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: bgrenual
They said he was going to stop using the PHRASE.

Not that he wasn't going to do it.

have you seen any proof that he is going to do it in his cabinet choices?

Let me guess, his choice of a banker? Would you rather send some liberal hippy to that position who nobody in the sector would be caught dead in a meeting with?

This is the lamest excuse to attack Trump yet. Maybe Russia hacked Trump's brain and installed this choice.

Trump haters say the dumbest she!t...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Broken promise? Obama's leaving and HRC and clan are not in the WH. The executive branch is being completely remade.

I'd call that a promise fulfilled.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You get rid of 80% of Trump's slogans, promises, or whatever, and he's still superior to Hillary. America is very fortunate and blessed that Donald Trump WON.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join