It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trump is done with ‘drain the swamp’" - another broken promise?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Donald Trump fired up campaign crowds with a promise to “drain the swamp” of Washington corruption. But former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says the president-elect has soured on that populist rallying cry now that he has won the White House.

No More 'Drain the Swamp' slogan

Getting rid of one of the main things that got him elected? Gee, I wonder what else he lied about to get elected?

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Dec 21 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They said he was going to stop using the PHRASE.

Not that he wasn't going to do it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bgrenual

Yep, now his supporters are an embarrassment for him.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgrenual

In addition it's the same "they'" that said he had no chance, the same "they" who keep making up lies and producing fake polls and the same "they" no one with any logical thought believes anymore.

I'll wait for the next fake outrage story about trump.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgrenual

I agree, but good luck. I went over this in another thread not to long ago. Nobody will believe you because anyone that goes against the liberal narrative is just a Trumpster and believe everything he says.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Sweet it's like Obama 2.0.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with a "broken promise." It has to do with an over-used phrase whose time is past.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Lol stop sucking up oppositional media and spouting it as fact, a full 30 plus days before the man has,a chance to act.

Go get your participation trophey quick, and hide in your safe place. Hillary is and always has been evil and an actual criminal.

Maybe Trump is too, but stop with the whiney suppositions before the mans had a chance to act.

link   
Yep, just switch the corporate equivalent -- downsizing.

link   
Huh, double post?
edit on 21-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So now he is trying to be 'presidential' and not use an old catch phrase and he is still hammered. Damned if you do...and damned if you do not is the saying.

He is not appointing career politicians with agendas and need for payback. That is a HUGE difference here.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Not at all, how about the welfare queens that have all day to glorify Obama?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its funny how the left take political correctness and paraphrasing as gospel.

Why so serious and butt hurt?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Huh? Lol. I'm 66 , retired and never qualified for welfare.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It has nothing to do with a "broken promise." It has to do with an over-used phrase whose time is past.

Excuses, excuses. He based his campaign on it, and now says he never liked it to start with. Somebody told him to say it, he did and "the crowd went wild" so he kept on saying it.

That's all he wanted. A 'wild crowd". If he keeps this up he might have a type of wild crowd he doesn't want.
Seem like every week he reneges on another campaign point, but for every one, there is somebody to step up and make excuses for him. The truth is, you people don't know who you've got.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

awww poor crybabies.... If I'm going to hire someone to create jobs and revenue. I would hire CEOs and successful people to run my company not a bunch of lawyers and politicians. Trump is doing exactly what I would do. Hire successful people to create jobs and hire generals to run National Security.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Wasnt speaking directly to you, just a statement

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Its funny how the left take political correctness and paraphrasing as gospel.

Why so serious and butt hurt?

It's obvious you didn't bother to read the article.

Trump himself had alluded to mixed feelings about the slogan during a Dec. 8 rally in Des Moines, Iowa, part of his triumphant postelection “Thank You” tour.

“Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it?” he said. “I hated it. Somebody said ‘drain the swamp.’ I said, ‘Oh, that’s so hokey. That is so terrible.’ I said, ‘All right, I’ll try it.’ So, like, a month ago I said, ‘Drain the swamp.’ The place went crazy. I said, ‘Whoa, watch this.’ Then I said again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it, I started loving it.”

Check out what I bolded. He admits he didn't mean a word of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

His ethical reform is quite clear. Because he stops using some words does not indicate he is breaking a promise. Fail.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To be fair, the guy has to be given a chance.

He did say it was time to drain the swamp, maybe he will, despite the names being associated with the various departmental appointments.

One thing I would have expected though was to follow through with his threat to put Hillary on trial. He has already stated that this will not be followed through, which is a shame, as that would have been the start of the draining.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join