It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trump is done with ‘drain the swamp’" - another broken promise?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've always asked why Trump wanted to be President.
The President doesn't really have all that much power.
He's already put "swampy" people into his cabinet.
I actually like the term, and will continue to use it.
We the people can drain the swamp with our votes. Stop the crazy mentality that Republicans and Democrats are your only choices. Find out the independent people running in your local and State elections. Pick one and volunteer to help them get elected.
Trump is a poser just like all the rest. Thanks for the cool tag line though!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Oh come on, give it a month or two 1st, stop licking the partisan lolipop

Geeziz, maybe youll be right, but common sense says youre just speculating off of media rubbish

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: CryHavoc

His ethical reform is quite clear. Because he stops using some words does not indicate he is breaking a promise. Fail.

AS IF any Trump supporters have a freaking clue what he's up to. They are just trying to put the puzzle pieces together like everybody else.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

Seriously what do a bunch of peoples opinions, that never founded or ran an actual fruitful business mean to anyone?

I run a small 4 million a year endeavor and it taxes the piss out of my brain power.

These folks run billions a year, and you could bet your sweet bippy they are vastly more capable than you
edit on 21-12-2016 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Oh come on, give it a month or two 1st, stop licking the partisan lolipop

Geeziz, maybe youll be right, but common sense says youre just speculating off of media rubbish

My common sense tells me it's maintaining the status quo.

Make the rich richer, the poor poorer, and go to war as quickly as possible.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Really? May I ask what you do for a living? What experience do you have to judge any of this?

Seriously

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Really? May I ask what you do for a living? What experience do you have to judge any of this?

Seriously

I can think and form my own opinions.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Not without experience, your opinion is unfounded otherwise

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
He used it to win votes, like so many of his other lies. You have to admire the brazen manner in admitting he will keep so few of his promises.

You can see from his cabinet choices that he has absolutely no intention of challenging the establishment. His cabinet of 17 millionaires/billionaires has more wealth than a third of all USA households.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My favorite is when he went from state to state blasting candidates for taking money from Goldman Sachs, and then he hires the top guy from Goldman Sachs....

Oh Trump, you delightfully idiotic hypocrite.......

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Not without experience, your opinion is unfounded otherwise

My opinion is unfounded? lol. You're young, aren't you.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
My favorite is when he went from state to state blasting candidates for taking money from Goldman Sachs, and then he hires the top guy from Goldman Sachs....

Oh Trump, you delightfully idiotic hypocrite.......

He's gonna turn the Gubment into an untouchable banking corporation, oh, hang on...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

50 that young?

And answer the last few questions please, what experience do you have?

I voiced my experience, and from that I derive an opinion.
Now not saying you have...but if all you do is get a paycheck for 40 hours, or worse, form opinions from the internet and tv?...well your opinion is myopic at best, just saying. Merry Christmas...oops Im sure I should of said something diffetent
edit on 21-12-2016 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
All this ruckus because of something a Newt said , giving his personal opinion on somebody else. Without even knowing
Could it be Newt is vengeful for not being named SoS (in his case the anagram would fit : Same ol Sh**)
Y'all get together now and forget "Newt said"
Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Well I raised three kids, sent them to college,paid cash for my house. All on a paycheck. Now that took brain power and making the right decisions. The laborer gets no respect.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I'm really not sure why you replied to my post, as it has nothing to do with what you just said.

I also think you're assuming WAY too much to be on a forum with thousands of other people. You have absolutely no clue what other posters do for a living, or have done in the past.

I'm actually a consultant in the food and beverage industry in Las Vegas. I help people run business's that make a lot more than 4 mil a year. If I wasn't a history buff, and into politics in my spare time, my business savvy would have nothing to do with anything if I ran for office.

There's no reason to put that much emotional stock into people you don't know...relax.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

50 that young?

And answer the last few questions please, what experience do you have?

I voiced my experience, and from that I derive an opinion.
Now not saying you have...but if all you do is get a paycheck for 40 hours, or worse, form opinions from the internet and tv?...well your opinion is myopic at best, just saying. Merry Christmas...oops Im sure I should of said something diffetent

Please forgive me, but I've become too bored with our little conversation to continue it. You have a good evening!

eta: I'm not really sure you know what an 'opinion' is.
edit on 12/21/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

and an actual criminal.

So which court and when declared Hillary guilty of exactly what crime?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OK, so it's clear that what I said flew right over everyone.

What I was alluding is this:

There are two ways to interpret this remark. The left clearly wants to say that Trump means he never intended to reform anything at all about how Washington works and this is what he means when he says he no longer wants to use "drain the swamp."

It could also simply mean that the never liked the terminology for the reforms he intends, but when he used the phrase, it caught on and ended up being the simplest and easiest way to get that message across. Now that he's elected, he no longer needs the phrase and can get on with what he intends without needing to use that phrase. It doesn't necessarily mean any of his plans have changed at all and he still intends to reform how Washington works and the scope and scale of government.

Since he is not in power, we don't have any way to really know for sure at this point in time what it means.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Perhaps if it was an isolated case, but:

Now the wall is going to be a fence
Hillary doesn't need to go to prison anymore
His supporters weren't violent, and then they were...
His taxes are completely fine but no-one is allowed to see them
He admitted he would delegitmise the vote if he lost, and is now attacking people voicing concern over Russian intervention.
He has attacked the electoral college in the past, now he loves it.

I could go on, but I do wonder how anyone can believe anything he says.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join