It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cowboy Christmas adventure

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They have a Keurig machine in my cabin.

I went to make some morning hot chocolate and found that something had eaten holes in all the cocoa packets.

On top of that, some are even trying to lure me into a frostbite competition.

Others call it skiing.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Others call it skiing.

I heard the double black diamond trail where you are is referred to as Donner's Delight.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My brother mentioned that the double black diamond is the beginner's slope, so I should be fine.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, it will certainly be the beginning of something.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Others call it skiing.

I heard the double black diamond trail where you are is referred to as Donner's Delight.

Speaking of which...Does anyone else think it's strange that Santa named one of his reindeer after a cannibal?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The one with the red nose is named after a Nazi.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pretty sure Santa is a Trump supporter.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well of course he is

Only republicans are into forcing the little ones to work! LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I read the OP and thought about how I would personally dread a big family get together under those conditions....
Then I was going to say, they usually turn out okay in the end though! -reflecting back on my own experiences, I then thought, "...well...except for that one time....and the other time... and, oh god, the one before that, what a disaster!"

Ended up shrugging and wanting to post "courage to you, sounds like you're focked."

The only saving grace in such family get togethers (for me) has been when my little brother would pull me outside and get me stoned, before we head back into the complications and drama again.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

They have a Keurig machine in my cabin.

I went to make some morning hot chocolate and found that something had eaten holes in all the cocoa packets.

That would be the mooses, to make them drool.

Chocolate flavoured Moose Drool. yum.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ok, read the whole thread, and have some serious questions:

Drums, you live in Canada, right? And you walked to get beer? And you carried it back? HELLO Canadian! Ever heard of a sled? LOL Bring back more, and no heavy lifting. Win Win.

Martin, honey, what the hell is going on with that elf by the conveyor belt? NM, I really don't want to know.

And DB? Seriously? This is a perfect time to up your Black Sheep status to Total Outcast? Why are you not make the most of it?
I am worried about your son though, is he old enough to drive, in case you get "disappeared"?

LOL
But seriously, this is a very entertaining thread, and I hope you do get some joy out of the trip. And think of it this way, you get it over with now, and your good for years til the next visit, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

OMG! Is that out on dvd or Blu-ray? I have it on vhs and a player in an unused closet (along with a sega genesis and some cartridges). That is one of my favorite movies! An upgrade above vhs would be most appreciated.

DB, when you order a Black Butte porter you have to sing the song...

I like black butte and you cannot lie
You other brother can't deny...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Amazon starting at $4.96 for the DVD, I don't see it on BluRay

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Martin, honey, what the hell is going on with that elf by the conveyor belt? NM, I really don't want to know.

I of course had to go take another look at that pic. I didn't get it at first and then...Bahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

The only saving grace in such family get togethers (for me) has been when my little brother would pull me outside and get me stoned, before we head back into the complications and drama again.

A couple of black Russians work for me. Sometimes wine, but that makes me sleepy. I prefer mixed drinks.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Bluesma

A couple of black Russians work for me.

YOU'RE THE BEST BOSS EVER, COMRADE NIGHT STAR!

edit on 22-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Pro tip #1
If you go above 7,000 feet NASA recognizes you as an astronaut because no human can obviously survive in air this thin without supplemental amounts of bourbon.

Pro tip #2
Any ski resort will have 2 bars for every ski run. This is an actual federal law written by Teddy Roosevelt.

Pro tip #3
Any teenaged boy skiing, when going too fast, twisting in midair, falling, tumbling down the side of a mountain, causing women to faint, and grown men to shriek. . . . . will immediately get up and shout, "Dad! Did you get that on film? That was awesome!"

Synopsis; I did not ski. My offspring did while the elderly menfolk tried to make a ski area bone dry of any good alcohol. My son is insane. He did inherit the madness gene from me.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And if you old guys did drink the ski area dry and someone told you there was more booze at the bottom of a ski slope which of you would be made to volunteer to go and get it? Or would you just be squished in the stampede?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Your web brigade training is deficient, all your images are broken links for me.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Sorry...self taught. I can see them...do they not work for everyone else?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join