It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

37 faithless electorals if defected will start a Civil War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
www.google.com...

As a American Voter I am seriously afraid. The Left will start a Civil War in this Country if they get there way. All these so called Celebrities (who thinks there vote counts anymore then mine or yours does)begging the EC to be "Heros" and vote against Trump. Will start a Civil War. Maybe not to the extent of Syria but a Civil War.

LOL...I literally laughed thinking about this scenario.

It's all hype...they won't switch their votes. Trump will be POTUS soon and a change will happen....it is change that the left has always screamed at the top of their lungs that they want, yet when it begins and isn't exactly how they wanted it they can't handle it.

As far as a Civil War between left and right....that would be a pretty quick and complete loss for the left....most of their base is in CA, and the rest is in other states that have massive weapons bans and strict laws. Pretty sure if they tried to start one it would be more of a slaughter. It would most likely be a very quick surrender with some "guerilla" resistance holding out in the CA mountains and using the Mexican border to hop back and forth between to carry out pointed attacks then disappear until the next.

At that point they may ask for secession from the US and agree to slink away and live in their own bubble.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

www.google.com...
As a American Voter I am seriously afraid. The Left will start a Civil War in this Country if they get there way. All these so called Celebrities (who thinks there vote counts anymore then mine or yours does)begging the EC to be "Heros" and vote against Trump. Will start a Civil War. Maybe not to the extent of Syria but a Civil War.

OK, so a right winger starts a thread about the threat of lefties taking up arms because their side didn't win. And a whole bunch of other right-wingers chime in and grunt and wave their fists and hurl some feces for good measure.

You may not have created the caricature, but you're sure as hell sustaining it. And you wonder why liberals are losing their #.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So if not all states are bound to vote in alignment with their population, what do we vote for exactly? What's the point, if it can be so easily overturned? Am I the only one who sees this as an insult? I understand we're a constitutional Republic, and not a true Democracy, but what do our votes actually count for???

Welcome to being awakened.

Sucks doesn't it?

Like Neo in the Matrix....you may wish you never went down the rabbit hole. But there's no going back now.

OK, so a right winger starts a thread about the threat of lefties taking up arms because their side didn't win. And a whole bunch of other right-wingers chime in and grunt and wave their fists and hurl some feces for good measure.

You may not have created the caricature, but you're sure as hell sustaining it. And you wonder why liberals are losing their #.

Who is worried about the left taking up arms? That's like worrying about Muslims attacking us with pork loins.....
edit on 16-12-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Who is worried about the left taking up arms? That's like worrying about Muslims attacking us with pork loins.....

I rest my case...lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

www.google.com...

How am I sustaining it? Just because I started a thread saying what's on my mind? Hillary Clinton said it herself Anyone who does not except the results of the election is a threat to democracy. The Celebrities asking for 37 electors to defect are a threat to are Democracy. You should be appalled at the level of Hypocrisy. Just take a look at all the idiots on social media not accepting the results saying #notmyPresident. California trying to succeed and death theats against the members of the Electoral College. And Democrats saying they want to abolish the electoral college going so far to introduce a bill when they fully know how the system works but I'm the one fear mongering. Nice try.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Why would you put google as the link when it takes me to cnn?

I forgot to scan the link before clicking it, so it's my fault this time...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

How am I sustaining it?

Actually, I wasn't referring to you. I'm not even casting aspersions on your concerns, though I doubt you have a lot to worry about. I am, however, getting a real kick out of all of the chest thumping you're getting in response.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I hope the Electors who choose not to vote for Trump, even though their state results demand it, are written into Santa Trump's log as NAUGHTY, and treated accordingly after 1/20/2017 by _______________. (insert your most feared govt agencies)

...as exercising their constitutional right, as outlined in the original Constitution ARTICLE II, SECTION 1, CLAUSE 3. There is nothing in there binding them to vote the state selection... and if they wish to represent some of the voters in the state who did not vote for the person given the state's total, then this is their Constitutional right.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Pretty much. I don't own any guns, and if you collected together all of my liberal friends on my Facebook feed (around 700 or so), I doubt that you'd find more than 50 guns (some used only for hunting) among them all... and not enough ammo to last for a single duck hunting season.

I'm certainly not going to be sitting in my basement (we don't have them in Texas, anyway) crafting molotov cocktails (but I make a pretty mean Bloody Mary with lots of hot sauce) and the like.

Joining in non-violent protests and acts of resistance, yes. But going Rambo on the public... nah. It'd just look silly.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: carewemust
I hope the Electors who choose not to vote for Trump, even though their state results demand it, are written into Santa Trump's log as NAUGHTY, and treated accordingly after 1/20/2017 by _______________. (insert your most feared govt agencies)

...as exercising their constitutional right, as outlined in the original Constitution ARTICLE II, SECTION 1, CLAUSE 3. There is nothing in there binding them to vote the state selection... and if they wish to represent some of the voters in the state who did not vote for the person given the state's total, then this is their Constitutional right.

Did you forget the fact the Hillary and Obama surrendered already? They can't give it to someone who didn't campaign.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

A civil war wouldn't be fought with organized militias, those are just fodder for the military, which would win every battle.

A civil war would be fought with acts of terrorism against soft targets, with the goal of collapsing state/city economies. IED's, in marketplaces, spikes on freeways, snipers, and mass shootings. Probably a lot of assassinations of off duty cops too.

For the most part, guns wouldn't even be required.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join