It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duterte admits to being a Junky and killing Drug suspects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
One of my main "causes" so to speak, is the war on drugs and the untold destruction of lives and families and communities this ignorant policy has caused since it was introduced by our good republican friends as a way to jail and harass all the undesirables on the left at the time.

Here we have Rodrigo Duterte. A man who believes it's ok to murder people in the streets if they are suspected of being a drug user, has recently admitted to prowling the streets himself and killing people, and also recently admitted he's addicted to the painkiller fentanyl, an opioid between 50-100x more powerful than morphine. Strangely, fentanyl isn't on the banned drugs list in the Philippines. Hmmmm...

In the early morning hours of Tuesday, President Rodrigo Duterte indicated to a roomful of businessmen that he was highly dependent on the drug Fentanyl to manage his pain. Duterte explained he was taking Fentanyl “to relieve the pain” he was feeling in various parts of his body. He described his pain: “I had a bad sleep, the last one was this. And I hit the…I have a lot of issues with my spinal. My doctor would want to operate but you know my wife was a nurse and she used to work in the States, United States, and she said, since a lot of operations for the spinal that went awry, that went wrong. So that if you guys see me always with a sad mode, I am actually pushing a nerve here to relieve the pain. And even if when I’m doing my arms sa kimbo and sometimes I do this…It’s actually pushing something here to relieve the pain.”

www.raissarobles.com...

Sounds like a junky trying to explain why he needs his fix. Now, on to him personally killing people..

Rodrigo Duterte has announced he personally killed suspected criminals when he was mayor of his home city of Davao in the Philippines, cruising the streets on a motorcycle and “looking for trouble”. The country’s president made the comments in a speech late on Monday night as he discussed his campaign to eradicate illegal drugs, which has seen police and unknown assailants kill around 5,000 people since he became president on 30 June. “In Davao I used to do it personally. Just to show to the guys [police officers] that if I can do it, why can’t you,” he was quoted as saying by AFP, talking of his two decades as mayor of the southern city of 1.5 million people. “And I’d go around in Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around, and I would just patrol the streets, looking for trouble also. “I was really looking for a confrontation so I could kill.”

www.theguardian.com...

It always struck me as strange that people on ATS of all places would defend a megalomaniac like Duterte, who believes people should be shot in the street because they might hurt themselves. Think about that for a second.

There is only one solution to the drug problem. Legalize, regulate, tax. That's it. It's human nature to look for transcendence from the everyday monotony of life. Drugs, movies, sports, all those are just mechanisms of escape, a time out. Distractions. I believe no government should have control over what anyone chooses to do with their body. Hopefully, one day we can all grow as a species and realize how much more damage is done to each other and society by criminalizing people because they want to feel different for a little while.

Duterte represents the hypocrisy of the majority's views on drugs perfectly. Here we have a president of a foreign country who gets loaded up on his lab made super opiate, jumps on his motorbike, then rides around looking for other drug users to murder for being drug users.

Yep. The exact same man Donald Trump praised for handling the drug problem the "right way".
www.nbcnews.com...

Seriously.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Nice!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This world is going to hell fast.
Bigly.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't think he is hunting Sunday school teachers.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
This world is going to hell fast.
Bigly.

Very bigly

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What a true crackhead, he doesn't want others using up his supply.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Maybe he should. This Sunday school teacher was found with 40 baggies of narcotics and 9 guns.
www.chron.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think its easy for us in the west to judge but until youve spent some time in SE Asia you have no idea, its a whole other world.

If hes killing drug dealers Im all for it but the average junkie is a bit different.

Death for people who push death seems fair but vigilante justice can get messy, my issue is whats to stop someone killing their neighbour that they dont like and saying they were on drugs?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Your comment is a bit vague so I thought I'd ask for clarification: are you saying you're in support of extrajudicial executions?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I think its easy for us in the west to judge but until youve spent some time in SE Asia you have no idea, its a whole other world.

If hes killing drug dealers Im all for it but the average junkie is a bit different.

Death for people who push death seems fair but vigilante justice can get messy, my issue is whats to stop someone killing their neighbour that they dont like and saying they were on drugs?

Either it's all ok, or none of it is ok. Drug users are also the suppliers the majority of the time, mostly from necessity.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

we're seeing Saddam hussein 2.0 unraveling.

sometimes its ok to go and kill as you see fit, sometimes not ok. they have a self professed killer for president.

that would be my defense if i'd ever go up for trial for murder in the Philippines... the President kills because he thinks its right, why cant I ? why not kill crooked politicians too ? or expunge street thieves and murder them all, this way there will be no more thieves and crooked politicians and the country will be drug free. what about those pesky failed business owners... or kids with bad grades. you can use the same argument used for drug dealers and drug attics.

we're seeing Saddam hussein 2.0 unraveling, he is not going to leave power anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Your comment is a bit vague so I thought I'd ask for clarification: are you saying you're in support of extrajudicial executions?

In this case, not really, or at least it is not how I would go about it as far as drug dealers. Now violent criminals, yes I would fully support vigilantes, in cases where the law did not work (catch and release, slap on the wrist for the 434th crime, etc)

edit on 14-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

In this case, not really, or at least it is not how I would go about it as far as drug dealers. Now violent criminals, yes I would fully support vigilantes, in cases where the law did not work (catch and release, slap on the wrist for the 434th crime, etc)

I read this story about a father beating the living hell out of someone who had molested his kid. I cheered a bit at the thought. But I don't think drug dealers (unless they are similar to the utterly depraved drug cartel in Mexico and elsewhere-- then I suppose I can't bring myself to care about justice by the books) deserve this kind of fate. And it generally sets a really bad precident.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Either it's all ok, or none of it is ok. Drug users are also the suppliers the majority of the time, mostly from necessity.

If someone was selling smack or yaba to my loved ones you can bet Id be more than happy to dob them into some vigilantes if that was an option in Oz.
When you go from being a user to a pusher in my mind youve lost your victim status and most likely your soul, anyone with that level of disregard for others and is actively harming/slowly killing people should be removed from the gene pool.

I dont buy into your all or nothing mentality, life has alot of grey areas

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well if you were killing drug dealers it would be fine apparently.

Not sure how or why your comparing him to Saddam?

As long as he stays in power via the Philippines democratic process then fantastic, apparently hes quite popular over there and if the drug problem is anything like what I saw in Laos while I was there for 18 months I understand why

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If someone was selling smack or yaba to my loved ones you can bet Id be more than happy to dob them into some vigilantes if that was an option in Oz.
When you go from being a user to a pusher in my mind youve lost your victim status and most likely your soul, anyone with that level of disregard for others and is actively harming/slowly killing people should be removed from the gene pool.

If you see drug users as victims, I can understand why you would think the way you do. No one that chooses to do drugs is a victim of anything but their own choices. And as free people, we should be allowed to make those choices, even at our own detriment. Freedom isn't always pretty.

The war on drugs is a war on human nature and a war on what should be one of the most basic freedoms. The freedom to intake what we choose into our own body. Life does have a lot of gray areas, but this isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If you see drug users as victims, I can understand why you would think the way you do. No one that chooses to do drugs is a victim of anything but their own choices. And as free people, we should be allowed to make those choices, even at our own detriment. Freedom isn't always pretty.

The war on drugs is a war on human nature and a war on what should be one of the most basic freedoms. The freedom to intake what we choose into our own body. Life does have a lot of gray areas, but this isn't one of them.

As an occasional recreational user of weed myself I dont think all drug users are victims, I think junkies are victims though.

I like you dont think drugs should be illegal, if alcohol is OK I dont see why weed isnt. Even harder stuff I think should be regulated but legal, it would solve a whole heap of issues and save taxpayers millions, not to mention tax revenues.

The problem is alot of people are pressured in one way or another into taking drugs, in SE Asia its normally men getting young girls hooked who they then get to work as prostitutes to make them money.
For most people over there weed is as bad as smack and almost without exception people dont want drugs in their society

From a western perspective we are on the same page but its obvious you have no idea of the realities of how things are in non western countries.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

As an occasional recreational user of weed myself I dont think all drug users are victims, I think junkies are victims though.

I like you dont think drugs should be illegal, if alcohol is OK I dont see why weed isnt. Even harder stuff I think should be regulated but legal, it would solve a whole heap of issues and save taxpayers millions, not to mention tax revenues.

The problem is alot of people are pressured in one way or another into taking drugs, in SE Asia its normally men getting young girls hooked who they then get to work as prostitutes to make them money.
For most people over there weed is as bad as smack and almost without exception people dont want drugs in their society

From a western perspective we are on the same page but its obvious you have no idea of the realities of how things are in non western countries.

Drugs are drugs, no matter what place on the map you find yourself. Pimps also use drugs for that exact same purpose in the west. We lock each up other in cages, but at least we don't kill each other on sight because of it.

It's about education, and not executing people over their choice to ingest something. When I talk about legalization I don't mean the corner store sells crack and heroin now. Harder drugs with worse consequences should only be given after someone can pass a test and prove their knowledge of the substance and it's risks. And then under a doctors supervision. Anything natural should be able to be grown and used with no government oversight.

I know enough about SE Asia to know it's not the drugs, but the gangs and organized crime that drug sales enrich that make it the crime haven it is. And those same gangs would be out of business overnight if legalization and education was an option.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Glad I don't live in the Philippines. This guy is a lunatic and should be charged with crimes against humanity by the UN.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

While the drug dependence is news to me, the Duterte war on drugs and drug crime is nothing new. I talk to Filipinos daily in my social circle and they have said that crime has gone down, that they feel safer on the streets. While I don't agree with Duterte's policies, nor the murder of anyone, Duterte has done some good for the Filipino people; he has discovered corruption and drug dealings at high levels within the government, high level dealers that are conducting businesses from within the state prison system.

There is a small minority of people that protest the human rights violations, the vigilanteism and the lack of due process. They see what I do; how these killings could lead to political killings and enemies of Duterte's policies being killed...basically a dictatorship in the making. That remains to be seen, and overall Duterte's popularity is very high at this time. The Filipinos themselves see him as a strong leader (which he is) and one that speaks what is on his mind (which he does) and they can overlook the bad things (like extra judicial killings.)

I don't agree with his methods nor human rights violations, it's not my country and if the Filipinos there are happy and feel safe...let it rest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join