It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think it had anything to do with "overbearing liberals". It had to do with the DNC running a horrible candidate that could not generate the support needed to take the general election.

One of the reasons she did not get that support is because she is not liberal or truly Leftist, as is Bernie Sanders. She is a Right-of-center Democrat.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am know Trump supporter, but I would say the realities between her and most people are way off. Most people work their a**es off for 8-12 hours a day, not get pampered and prepped for an hour of talking. It seems the media has become completely incompetent, its' journalists now unaware of anything happening outside of their immediate surroundings. How journalists, editors, and anchors can even stomach their own company is beyond me. What disgusting filth we have running our media.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Even you cant be serious with that statement, can you? I mean...come on.... smh

What disinfo did she push that affected the Right Wing?

Yeah...thats why they fed debate questions to Trump...oh wait...they gave them to hillary...wrong again...dude, you should really just retire the rhetoric. Its all out there for people to see now and there is no mistaking it any more. Its over.

That is true, but I said the most popular media outlets were against Hillary. That would include Fox News, talk radio and the vast internet machine the Right has. The Left's control of the media is laughable in comparison. That being said, to suggest the media in general were pushing Clinton's agenda/narrative is laughable, when the big guns of media were against her.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Even you cant be serious with that statement, can you? I mean...come on.... smh

What disinfo did she push that affected the Right Wing?

Yeah...thats why they fed debate questions to Trump...oh wait...they gave them to hillary...wrong again...dude, you should really just retire the rhetoric. Its all out there for people to see now and there is no mistaking it any more. Its over.

That is true, but I said the most popular media outlets were against Hillary. That would include Fox News, talk radio and the vast internet machine the Right has. The Left's control of the media is laughable in comparison. That being said, to suggest the media in general were pushing Clinton's agenda/narrative is laughable, when the big guns of media were against her.

"when the big guns of media were against her."

There is only one big gun in US media... CNN. Most government buildings are tuned to this station only.

They were heavily in the bag for Clinton.

Please explain what you call a big gun in media.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigershark1988
Didn't we learn about mainstream media polls during the election?

Yes. They were wrong by about 1 to 3% in a correlated way across states, related to turnout. The construction of the polls requires a surprising amount of mathematical modeling and predictions adjusting for characteristics of people who are giving answers vs the distribution of those characteristics expected to vote.

The prediction of overall popular vote, which is more statistically reliable, was even closer than state by state counts.
edit on 13-12-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You missed the point.

Actually I see the point quite clearly. The DNC and the LEFT are in epic desperation in avoiding seeing the truth and at all cost avoid discussing the gigantic elephant in the room.

The elephant in the room is that the DNC and the LEFT picked the only candidate that was worse than Trump. Hillary epic suck factor was the reason why Trump won, not because people believe in him or the fake news.

Also perhaps choosing a candidate under Criminal investigation might not have been a great idea.

She was a horrible choice for the DNC and they should have realised that when they had to Cheat with the help of the DNC and the FAKE news to get her to beat Bernie.

Trump won because the DNC gave it to him in a golden platter, by picking the only other person in the universe that could out scandal , out lie, out scum bag trump on just about every issue.

Hillary has nothing to do with the voter base being misinformed. Hillary didn't push disinformation. Right Wing media outlets did that. Hillary didn't create fake news and serve it to those desiring confirmation bias. Right Wing media outlets did that.

Are you kidding me are you seriously going to say the Left wing media didn't do the same thing?

Trying to blame Hillary for the Right's problems is intellectually lazy.

I don't try to blame Hillary for the rights problems actually that is what you and the Left are doing by avoiding discussing how bad of a choice Hillary was . By blaming everything from racism.ignorance, to sexism but her suck Factor is intellectually lazy.

Actually its the opposite. The right suck just as bad as the left , but Trump should be sending her and the DNC thank you cards for picking the only other candidate that made him look like a viable candidate.

OWN IT, the 2016 election is your doing

edit on 291231America/ChicagoTue, 13 Dec 2016 16:29:56 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Please explain what you call a big gun in media

Those outlets that have more people tune in. The media giants are Fox News, Right Wing talk radio and the Right's internet presence. They blow CNN and other outlets out of the water.

So when I hear someone say that the Media is Leftist and is pushing their agenda, I laugh because the big guns in the media are pushing an agenda and it is not favorable to the Left.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think it had anything to do with "overbearing liberals". It had to do with the DNC running a horrible candidate that could not generate the support needed to take the general election.

One of the reasons she did not get that support is because she is not liberal or truly Leftist, as is Bernie Sanders. She is a Right-of-center Democrat.

In a nutshell, HRC didn't come across as if she "felt their pain". Trump did, though I don't believe he actually does. Sanders does as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Meaning what, real life? I agree... That would be an alternate reality to you, to college kids needing hot cocoa and safe spaces, and to Californians wanting to secede to become a sanctuary state, but real life to the normal Americans.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good luck with this thread. Though I see you used a few Trump supporter triggers (MSNBC source, Rachel Maddow, it's a poll, telling them their news is fake, etc) so I hope you brought your flame proof suit as there will be quite a few who will just see these things I listed and immediately get triggered about the whole thread.

Didn't your old signature say "Is it November 9th yet?" I think you should have kept that one...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Actually I see the point quite clearly. The DNC and the LEFT are in epic desperation in avoiding seeing the truth and at all cost avoid discussing the gigantic elephant in the room. The elephant in the room is that the DNC and LEFT picked the only candidate that was worse than Trump

That's exactly what I said. It's not an elephant. It's clear as day.

Hillary epic suck factor was the reason why Trump won, not because people believe in him or the fake news.

I think all 3 were a factor. Hillary sucked as a candidate, people believe in Trump, so much so that they are acting as if he is the 2nd coming of Jesus, and people believed in fake news.

Also perhaps choosing a candidate under Criminal investigation might not have been a great idea.

Perhaps, but that could go both ways. Why would the Right choose to run someone with a rape lawsuit pending and a civil suit hanging over their heads? Also, isn't his "charity" under investigation at this point? I'm not entirely sure.

Trump won because the DNC gave it to him in a golden platter, by picking the only other person in the universe that could out scandal , out lie, out scum bag trump on just about every issue.

That's part of the issue, but we cannot dismiss the propaganda that was pushed against her. Many lies and disinformation was spread by the Right. We cannot simply shrug that off. It was real and their level of fake news reaches far beyond anything the Left may have created.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

My youngest son, a registered voter, is the only person who will actually answer our house phone. He does so simply to troll whoever is on the other end. ONe of his favorite greetings is, "Its done, but there's blood everywhere....."

Just watching the way she talks, its obvious that they have a deep seated vitriol. Enough so that they have taken up insulting the people who support their opponent, instead of the opponent himself.

Ill say the same thing here that I tell newly married husbands: that griping you hear ain't "nagging". Its someone with real concerns that if you ignore will give you anything but peace.

On a semirelated note: im unfamiliar with Maddow beyond reference in conversation. After watching that, it doesn't matter what she says. I don't like her. From deep within me, i don't like her. Because of the way she looks saying it. She just looks like a hateful person when she talks.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That isn't the only reason.

Look down ballot. The DNC has a wider problem than simply having picked a spavined old nag for their candidate for president.

Increasingly, they are abandoning the voters in rural and flyover states as a lost cause in favor of sewing together a coalition of urban voters, Millennials and minority special interest groups.

This is starting to bite them on a wider level as their solid voting blocks of support are now largely relegated to the coasts and only half of one of those coasts at that with small islands in college towns.

They have less political clout nationwide than at any time since the Great Depression and this is because they are ignoring the will of a large number of voters, and because of this, they are now relying on mistakes made by their opponents more than on their own ability to sway voters.
edit on 13-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Please explain what you call a big gun in media

Those outlets that have more people tune in. The media giants are Fox News, Right Wing talk radio and the Right's internet presence. They blow CNN and other outlets out of the water.

So when I hear someone say that the Media is Leftist and is pushing their agenda, I laugh because the big guns in the media are pushing an agenda and it is not favorable to the Left.

Damn dude.. I am confused....

Which is it? Hillary says Trump voters are uninformed..... you claim Trump voters have access to a vast right wing media empire.

Something isn't adding up...

Are Trump voters uninformed, as you have also stated in the past... or do they have access to a vast right news group as you now claim... which would make them heavily informed voters...

What's the dealio there Innie ole boy?
edit on R352016-12-13T16:35:38-06:00k3512Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I think he may be implying that Right Wing News is "fake" news.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why do you suppose that is?

It's no secret that FoxNews slants to the right. Other than a few advertising slogans that say otherwise, they make no real attempt to hide it. I suppose that they think their viewer capable of figuring that out for themselves.

FoxNews is obliterating CNN, and the others. This is reflected in the industry figures. Y'know, polls, those things I don't believe are horribly accurate most times...

Working on the assumption that this is true, and polls etc reflect that, why is that?

Could it be that FoxNews/conservative talk radio etc... more closely reflect the majority of Americans, and their thought processes?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think he may be implying that Right Wing News is "fake" news.

Ah okay got the plan.

Left wing Hillary supporting new sites are real news...

anything Trump supporting is "fake news"

Status Quo

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Rachel Maddow will continue to denigrate those who voted for Trump, because she works for the Cancelled News Network.

CNN has nothing left to fight with except to insult all the wrong thinking voters out there.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, Trump voters don't live in her pansexual PC unicorn fantasy land that she and other snowflakes live in.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't watch her any more, either. For that very reason you just touched upon.

Not just hateful, but spiteful, as well. Were I in the TV news business, I'd be horribly reluctant to work for an outfit that employed such a person as an on air personality.

It wouldn't overly surprise me if she were something of a bigot in her off camera life...no idea whether she is, or not, of course--but, hey, I'm one of those, sort of, folks who live in an alternate reality (((THANK THE GOOD LORD, FOR THAT!!))) from her.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join