It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Rachel Maddow will continue to denigrate those who voted for Trump, because she works for the Cancelled News Network.

CNN has nothing left to fight with except to insult all the wrong thinking voters out there.

You gotta wonder how the ones who previously voted for Obama are feeling about all this sudden onslaught of hate coming their way ...

I'm sure it makes them want to vote for the Democrats again someday soon.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think it had anything to do with "overbearing liberals". It had to do with the DNC running a horrible candidate that could not generate the support needed to take the general election.

One of the reasons she did not get that support is because she is not liberal or truly Leftist, as is Bernie Sanders. She is a Right-of-center Democrat.

I really don't think the majority of people care about right or left, or right of center, left of center, etc. That's the same thinking as the "beltway common wisdom" in the terms Rachel Maddow used. I think the reasons for the Republican win are pretty simple and down to earth and have little to do with the political spectrum.

edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Are Trump voters uninformed, as you have also stated in the past... or do they have access to a vast right news group as you now claim... which would make them heavily informed voters...

They do have access to a vast Right Wing media machine and they still have a knack for being uninformed and misinformed.

For example, Fox News viewers are less informed on the issues that those that do not digest any news whatsoever.

www.businessinsider.com...

The problem is that the big hitters in the MSM are responsible for the dumbing-down of the electorate. The Right Wing machine are the big hitters.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's part of the issue, but we cannot dismiss the propaganda that was pushed against her.

I don't disagree but that propaganda was being pushed from both sides.

The bottom line and most damning reason she lost was because of her trustworthiness with the public which her campaign acknowledged.

That trust was not broken by the fake news it was broken by her:

1. Infinite coincidences on her benefit ranging from winning all dice throws to losing data at convenient times.

2. LIES , LIES, LIES , her lying in front of the people and saying she was under sniper fire exposed her pathological lying tendencies , along with BS statements on how she took on the lobbyist that gave her millions. Than that whole lying pneumonia thing was the icing on the cake

3. She demonstrated she was above the law when her Husband Billy boy met with the Attorney General during an on going criminal investigation .

4. Publicly trying to shame people as being deplorable,ignorant, racist, or sexist because they didn't like her was not a good strategy.

5. Loosing part of her base supporters by screwing over Bernie Sanders was also another factor.

6. Running for POTUS while under criminal investigation.

7. Lack luster Career.

There are far more reason from her own doing why she lost than due to fake news. The fake news is a scapegoat.

OWN IT, the 2016 election is your doing
edit on 511231America/ChicagoTue, 13 Dec 2016 16:51:25 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

FoxNews is obliterating CNN, and the others.

Exactly. They have more influence. The narrative that the MSM is biased towards the Left is ridiculous.

Could it be that FoxNews/conservative talk radio etc... more closely reflect the majority of Americans, and their thought processes?

Why does that matter? Shouldn't we wish for news outlets to report factual news, or do we want entertainment slanted towards our particular bias disguised as factual news?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Im not a big supporter of Trump. But i sure won't insult people who are.

I firmly believe that just about all of us want the same thing: a stronger, better nation. What we differ in is what that means, and then how we get there. But we still all want the same thing, and none of us wants to see the nation destroyed.

Except lunatics, which we can just dismiss. Like Maddow.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think the reasons for the Republican win are pretty simple and down to earth and have little to do with the political spectrum.

It has everything to do with the political spectrum.

An honest, intelligent candidate for office can have a reasonable, respectable platform for policies and he would still be demonized based simply on the letter next to his name.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: RickinVa

Are Trump voters uninformed, as you have also stated in the past... or do they have access to a vast right news group as you now claim... which would make them heavily informed voters...

They do have access to a vast Right Wing media machine and they still have a knack for being uninformed and misinformed.

For example, Fox News viewers are less informed on the issues that those that do not digest any news whatsoever.

www.businessinsider.com...

The problem is that the big hitters in the MSM are responsible for the dumbing-down of the electorate. The Right Wing machine are the big hitters.

This is a classic example of propaganda. Actually when you draw the conclusion you did, it's more like fake news.

That survey is from 2012 for one, yet you said "Fox News viewers are...".

The questions are also limited and do not cover many of the domestic issues that conservatives care about.
In fact there were only 9 questions and one of them is about unemployment, with the correct answer being the misleading numbers produced by the govt.

You just engaged in precisely the propaganda that helped lose the Democrats the election. This kind of propaganda just doesn't work any more. It's the same as this Maddow video. Grab some survey of 1,000 people. Cherry pick a statistic or set of questions and then push some form of superiority.

edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don't know why people seem to flock to Fox. But i've watched some of it before. It shouldn't pass for "news". And even with that, I can't point anywhere that is better.

It all reminds me of a George Strait quote (of all people):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I don't disagree but that propaganda was being pushed from both sides.

The Left's propaganda is no where near the same quantity and quality. Never has been.

There are far more reason from her own doing why she lost than due to fake news. The fake news is a scapegoat.

I agree, but that does not negate the fact that the fake news exists. It was pushed hard by the Right and many of them believed it. Didn't see that fake news coming from the Left.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Are you kidding....currently everyone is like screw the love, my post wasn't anecdotal, there was a study and it has been posted on ATS, I didn't want to de-rail the thread, you are more than welcome to research it, but if you must need to be led....www.theguardian.com... e/2012/feb/05/daily-mail-calls-rightwingers-stupid

Interestingly enough the Daily Mail's original article has disappeared, perhaps becacuse they were offending their own kind, there was also a thread on here, not sure where it's gone now, ah-ha..here it is! ATS Thread

I don't think we need to worry about the hemispheres of the brain, I think the finding is based around morality, right wingers tend to like to play it safe, they are more likely to accept intrusions into their privacy etc, if it creates a safer more stable environment, the lefties however are more inclined to be progressive and take risks, they worry far less for security if the end result involves a better tomorrow.

I actually can understand why your friends would do that, I have to check myself sometimes, because to me Tory supporters/ right wing are nuts, to the point where, yes if I am honest I don't want to have them in my life, it's wrong to think this way, yet it's how I feel from time to time, thus far I have resisted the urge.

I wonder if this is another fundamental difference between right and left? Would the right wing lovers abandon and shun left wing friends?

I'm erring on the side of no.

Bottom line, if the left is mental, so too is the right...the moderates don't exist and need to pick a side so to speak and decide which is the less of two evils for them.

Furthermore your US left and right seems very different to ours, from my perspective it's right and just left of right that seems to win out constantly.

Someone has played a very canny game, because everything is so jumbled up, such things as the Russian hack (CIA actually) are being applied dependent of your ideology/political leanings, I think this is a mistake and a trap to confuse, the CIA thing is just a thing, or at least it should be.

If Trump can restore true right vs left politics, then he would have achieved something.

Only then can we get back to taking a long hard look in the western world, regards how we treat people, our approach to certain fundamental issues.

Such as the enslavement of work to live.

Only when we can cease divide and conquer can we as a race move forward, but that's never going to happen...sorry, love don't live here anymore, I don't think it ever did.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That survey is from 2012 for one, yet you said "Fox News viewers are..."

I stand by that.

The questions are also limited and do not cover many of the domestic issues that conservatives care about.

Sounds like a convenient excuse to me. "They didn't ask me about what I know"...

In fact there were only 9 questions and one of them is about unemployment, with the correct answer being the misleading numbers produced by the govt.

Of course. It must be a conspiracy.

You just engaged in precisely the propaganda that lost the Democrats the election.

Just because it may hurt, does not mean it's propaganda. That is another example of being intellectually lazy.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know why people seem to flock to Fox. But i've watched some of it before. It shouldn't pass for "news". And even with that, I can't point anywhere that is better.

That is why we must be willing to search for facts outside of the bubble of outlets that wish to serve our confirmation bias.

It all reminds me of a George Strait quote (of all people):

Great quote, great movie.

link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Do you think Trump will pay his taxes next year? After all he promised to fix the loop holes!

Or will he go back on that too?

Serious question, will Trump have any taxes to pay? He's taking a salary of $1, his living expenses are covered, and he's presumably giving up control of his assets.

He might end up being the ultimate welfare queen getting a government mansion/stipend/travel, even a personal chef all provided for him.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Im not a big supporter of Trump. But i sure won't insult people who are.

Exactly. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary and I'm not a republican nor a democrat and lean more towards libertarian principles in time of rampant corruption. I don't think there is one right political ideology to every problem.

However the tactics the Left used to shame people into voting their way was far more disgusting than anything that trump ever said.

My problem with all this is that as long as both party bury their head in the sand and don't hold their party accountable nothing will be fixed.

Is it really a shocker that most people don't think that someone under criminal investigation , with a lack lustre scandal ridden career would NOT make a good POTUS?

Ofcourse not in the Left leaning MSM and DNC world , it has to be the voters are ignorant,racist,sexist, and deplorable.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The Left's propaganda is no where near the same quantity and quality. Never has been.

Lol... That's rich. So now we're comparing which turd stinks less bad than the other.

Left propaganda, right propaganda... still can't polish a turd.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Lol... That's rich. So now we're comparing which turd stinks less bad than the other.

Left propaganda, right propaganda... still can't polish a turd.

Yes, we should compare it when it comes to the actual effect it has and how it is spread.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is just desperate hope. Not to mention very sad. Destroying history or an important person's significance to it is the stuff of authoritarians... This opinion really shows you in a sad political state.

You mean like taking down Confederate flags, moving statues, renaming roads and parks, etc...? The Liberals thought it was a great idea for them to do away with any history they thought improper, but now it's "sad, desperate and authoritarian" ?
There's that Liberal double standard again.

One is history, the other fosters a culture of treasonous jerks that would be more than happy to fight another war to secede.

No one is hiding the Civil War's history.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

your kidding right?

Good lord man , the Left Leaning media made trump look like him and putin were brothers and just went around grabbing women by the kitty kats , while attending their weekly KKK women bashing meetings.

All the news on trump was brought to the foreground while hers were buried. Bill clinton meeting with the Attorney General during her ongoing investigation and her campaign working with the MSM to provide her debate questions was nothing but a small beep in the headlines. Instead we kept hearing about Trump sexually molesting women and the Russians. The RUSSIANS I tell you.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Here's the thing though. It is pretty obvious from your posts that you lean left. So for you, you can watch the left leaning stuff and you don't think of it as propaganda because you really don't have to be convinced all that much. You were already inclined to fall in line with that type of reasoning on things.

You watch a right leaning source and it surely will seem like propaganda to you because it violates your internal schema of how the world and its issues should operate. It seems like its trying to feed your a line of poorly disguised crap. And then you see the numbers and wonder how many people can fall for it.

Well, the reason is that a lot of people lean right, so we see it the same way you view left leaning sources, and we see THEM the same way you view the so-called vast right-wing machine.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join