It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminally I'll boy dies in Santa's arms.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Well it doesn't get much sh*ttier than this.

A US man who dresses up as Santa Claus fulfilled a dying boy's Christmas wish by visiting him at his bedside, before the youngster passed away in his arms.

Eric Schmitt-Matzen rushed to a local in Tennessee hospital after receiving a call about a terminally ill five-year-old boy who wanted to see Santa Claus.

The 60-year-old impersonator said he gave the child a present and a big hug before holding him as he died.

The little boy got his final wish though.

The timing is tragic.
But what a way to go, in the arms of Santa.

God bless you. RIP.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'll try to get this in before all the "Grinches" that will say something like, "He died in the arms of a lie"..........

Our son is 5 and doesn't "believe" Santa is real... he KNOWS he is.

Last year he was 4 and it was the same (or perhaps more so). When we took him to see Santa (one of the truly dedicated ones with a real beard that lived it all year and all that)... the best photo wasn't the "official" Santa Picture... it was the candid one that we took... as he literally had tears of love and joy streaming down his face as he hugged the fat man.

I guess one could argue that it would have been better to pass in the arms of mom or dad (which may be a legitimate argument in some ways).... but I'm hopeful that people won't be too cruel in their replies to this thread. A child dying in the arms of St. Nick isn't the worst way to go (considering that a kid having to go is.... you know).

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It is a heart-wrenching story.

I don't have the words. . . . . .

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Well I personally hope the grinches steer clear of this thread.

I think this is a sad, but beautiful, yet sh*tty moment all rolled into one.

But he got his wish to see Santa.

I've always hated Christmas but I'd never take it away from people, especially children.

I'm just glad Santa got there in time.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A parent should never have to bury a child. I can't imagine anything so painful.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
sad
edit on 12-12-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What a sad but touching story.
I've held a loved one in my arms as they passed over...and that Santa will remember every detail of this experience for the rest of his life.

Any fear that little boy might have felt...was replaced by the shear joy he felt in his final moments.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Santa was a good man. Tears all around. There's no real happy ending to this story except for the little tot who received his wish of happiness. May his parents find some peace in his final moment.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That is indeed tragic. The boy met Santa Claus. I'm glad he did. Children should not have their lives threatened. They should live in a world of magic oblivious to the evil of this world.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Rest in Peace buddy

Screw the Grinches.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That's a good man to put himself in the situation. Children's dreams should be exactly that... especially if they won't see adulthood.

So sorry for the child passing... sorry for the Santa having to deal with it till he passes too. But KUDOS for, in my humble opinion, doing the right thing for a child.

Adults should do that more often.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

I think more people than you expect would be willing to do that including everyone in this thread.

Hell, I would dress as goddamn Barbie if it would make a dying child smile.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: GreyScale

Hell, I would dress as goddamn Barbie.

I heard through the grapevine you do that for fun anyways.
Dressing up for Zazza no doubt. 😜😜😜

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You sound jelly.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You sound jelly.

I am actually.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I've never had to do that for a child, thank God.

I've been in the position the last few years to watch 4 of my family members go of different things. Melanoma, btw, should have it's own horror show. That's how Mom went.

I'm the oldest so it's my job to take care of things and pick up the pieces after.

I've three adult siblings that did nothing but squirt tears at the right time and then wonder what kinda money they got out of it.

So I may be jaded, but this Santa did exactly what he needed to do and again KUDOS to him.

Most adults, in my world, just don't care. Which is a shame.

edit on 21Mon, 12 Dec 2016 21:50:32 -0600America/Chicago16th2016-12-12T21:50:32-06:00pmMondayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Then you've joined the right community Grey because although we may bicker and argue like children here, we still care about each other.

You are one of us now, mate.

I agree with you too, more adults should do things like this for children. For people in general.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I read this story earlier...life can be a real s98t sometimes.

But man...the story certainly yanked at the heart strings. I think it was when Santa told him to tell (god) to let him in as he is the number 1 elf that got me the most...the boys sweet reaction (followed by dying)..I can only hope there is something after because that is some classy stuff Santa did there and deserves a round of applause by the universe for helping that kid go from scared to happy in the end.

Fits the bill also:

That beard tho...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I've always hated Christmas

Well then you get Krampus for your deathbed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join