It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Picks Climate Change Dissenter to Lead EPA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: pteridine
Eisenhower had no political experience, either, and no one suggested that he not be elected.

It was a very different time when Eisenhower was president.

There really is no comparison.

It is a different time today than yesterday, too. That does not excuse perverting the system because some don't like the results and using a flawed rationale based on arbitrary "qualifications." According to the Constitution, Trump meets the qualifications.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I admire your pragmatism, but if no piece of multimedia is any longer acceptable as a source then quite frankly...

Imagine this: text can be edited too!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Who started the past ice ages ? Who ended them? We are but a speck of sand affecting the globe. EPA is just a money maker for the government , nothing more, nothing less. Drink your fluoride , and pay the man.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No . The EPA goes FAR BEYOND taking care of the Environment , it has become a Political Body Unto itself , and Oversteps it's Authority on a constant basis .

Seriously, making wild ass claims with no source, because all your right wing buddies will buy this as gospel. Care to provide some more info?

Sure. How about defining CO2 as a "toxic gas" to kill off coal power plants.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I admire your pragmatism, but if no piece of multimedia is any longer acceptable as a source then quite frankly...

Imagine this: text can be edited too!

You seem to misunderstand, I sometimes do research for a living. One source is not good enough, if I dig long enough most of the time, I can find multiple sources, even on youtube. But a single source is just that, and with what can be done in a studio or with editing, I highly question. Much like the Planned Parenthood videos.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

No . The EPA goes FAR BEYOND taking care of the Environment , it has become a Political Body Unto itself , and Oversteps it's Authority on a constant basis .

Seriously, making wild ass claims with no source, because all your right wing buddies will buy this as gospel. Care to provide some more info?

CO2 is a toxic gas, as is nitrogen, if that is all you breathe, you will die. Gotta a source for CO2 being a toxic gas?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Okay, well you might consider that flaming a forum over your own neuroticism like that, that's on you and your neuroticism to go to all that trouble. Unless you're going to start paying the members here...

Seriously, I've never seen anybody go so off the hook about source nitpickery.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Okay, well you might consider that flaming a forum over your own neuroticism like that, that's on you and your neuroticism to go to all that trouble. Unless you're going to start paying the members here...

I have watched you for a long time, and you claim all kinds of things as fact, but you never have a source. With all of Donald Trumps lies, anything you claim I will ask for a source, it is the only way I know to try and shut the alt-right down.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I have watched you for a long time, and you claim all kinds of things as fact, but you never have a source. With all of Donald Trumps lies, anything you claim I will ask for a source, it is the only way I know to try and shut the alt-right down.

In other words trolling.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

In other words trolling.

Requiring fact, that shouldn't be a problem. I am not making the claims, they are, burden of proof and all of that.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It does you no good to reject all the sources provided, however. Which you have done.

That isn't a scientific approach, it is a politically slanted one.

Criticize where it is due, but don't go out of your way to be obtuse, contrarian, or combative for the sake of it. That serves no purpose.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I know you think I am a dickweed, and I have no problem with that. I have watched these conservative tea party asshats bash Obama at every chance, spread lies about he and his wife, question his birth. I do not like Donald Trump, think he is the King of AssHats, I intend to spend the next four years holding his feet to the fire.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It does you no good to reject all the sources provided, however. Which you have done.

That isn't a scientific approach, it is a politically slanted one.

Criticize where it is due, but don't go out of your way to be obtuse, contrarian, or combative for the sake of it. That serves no purpose.

I understand, but a stand alone youtube video is not a source, I am sorry.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Wow dude. I was just trying to give you some pointers to not get a blood clot in your brain by being in this kind of environment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Click on several of my posts in there. Then come back and tell me my work isn't often as overkill citation material as there ever was. NOTE: Before I speak in absolutes about anything I have monster research like that behind it and/or its quite fresh in memory (and my memory my inability to ever forget much is like a curse). I often gladly insert material into others threads, and gladly provide requested material assuming the request isnt RUDE or outlandishly obtuse (such as video quotes are unacceptable).

Thread derailed. I tried reasoning with you. I'm done; cool on ya. Now back on topic.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That's fine. I expect I will likely be doing the same thing.

But it is possible to do so without being purposely obtuse or unnecessarily combative with the membership of a site we all belong to.

There can be no discussion that is fruitful if all you have are insults and outright rejection of the sources YOU ask for.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

But then you were provided more and you have nothing to say about those and instead start going off topic on purpose.
edit on 7-12-2016 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

CO2 is a toxic gas, as is nitrogen, if that is all you breathe, you will die. Gotta a source for CO2 being a toxic gas?

In fact, nitrogen is not toxic; it is a suffocant.

The EPA decided that air pollutants included CO2 [originally they worried about SOx, NOx, and particulates] and then carefully selected new source performance standards that eliminate coal-fired power plants. Fortunately, they did not consider human respiration or we would either have to not exhale or pay fines. www.c2es.org...

They like to push the envelope. I suspect that this may change under the new administration. I believe that SOx, NOx, and particulates, along with mercury and other priority pollutants will continue to be regulated but that the CO2 standards on new sources will be changed to allow for coal-fired power plants. It likely will not make much of a difference, as natural gas based power plants are cheaper and easier to build. Gas prices are down, thanks to shale gas production, and the only real problem is storage. Coal can be piled up next to a plant but gas keeps blowing away, so we have to store it in underground chambers under pressure. We need more of these because a few years ago we were close to running out in the northeast due to the demands of power and residential heating. This last isn't well known outside the industry. Keep Calm and Frack On.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

That's fine. I expect I will likely be doing the same thing.

But it is possible to do so without being purposely obtuse or unnecessarily combative with the membership of a site we all belong to.

There can be no discussion that is fruitful if all you have are insults and outright rejection of the sources YOU ask for.

I have watched those on the right accuse our sitting President of:
1. Not being born in the US
2. Being married to a transgendered woman
3. Being a secret Muslim

and a myriad of other stuff,

Now this FW that we have elected
1. Switched Parties
2. Cheated on two wives
3. By his own admission, Grabs them by the Pussy

And suddenly the country that I have served for 7 years seems like an alien planet. MHO, peace out

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with this op?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The greatness of a pick directly correlates to how triggered progressives get. This was a great one.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join