It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Picks Climate Change Dissenter to Lead EPA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Nothing, which he apparently doesn't understand.

I don't like this pick for the EPA because I don't think a political operative for the oil industry is a good fit for addressing environmental issues.

I can't stand the notion that addressing environmental impacts by humans is a strictly liberal thing. That kind of thinking is stupid and puts political religion ahead of human interests and scientific endeavor.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: BubbaJoe

That's fine. I expect I will likely be doing the same thing.

But it is possible to do so without being purposely obtuse or unnecessarily combative with the membership of a site we all belong to.

There can be no discussion that is fruitful if all you have are insults and outright rejection of the sources YOU ask for.

I have watched those on the right accuse our sitting President of:
1. Not being born in the US
2. Being married to a transgendered woman
3. Being a secret Muslim

and a myriad of other stuff,

Now this FW that we have elected
1. Switched Parties
2. Cheated on two wives
3. By his own admission, Grabs them by the Pussy

And suddenly the country that I have served for 7 years seems like an alien planet. MHO, peace out

Some were taking shots at Obama, but most people ignored the vocal minority. He did what he could do after he was handed the mess that Bush 2 got us into. He has made mistakes, too, but he is only human.

Trump appears to have switched parties but may still be a closet Democrat. We will have to see how he gets along with Congress. Yes, he is a philanderer. Obama doesn't have that reputation [I think he is secretly afraid of Michelle] but Bill Clinton and JFK seemed to be champions of the genre. I suspect that they grabbed also but were smart enough not to brag about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree, this guy has no business in that position and I'm not sure what Trump reasoning is other then to tell Gore "Hey eff you" because Trump knows full well that he won't be approved, at least I hope he doesn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I guess you should have thrown out Al Gore's claims down the drain huh?...

$100 Million in Oil Money Richer, Al Gore's Unsure Why Critics Are Being So Critical

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: JinMI

What the F is this?

Reality, welcome to it.

Do you have anything to back up the claim that he is a con man, or villain? Dumbass?

Picking someone as head of the EPA that has close ties to the fossil fuel industry and denies climate change....that is a good start for proof.

Dumbass has already been proven. (grabbing female body parts, twitter wars, buying large portraits if himself with charity money and hanging it in his golf course).

Con man was proven in multiple court settlements.

All we have left is villain. Wait, lots of Trump 'University' folks would feel that way. Or black people he wouldn't rent to. Circles back to settling for money with the DOJ.

There you have it.

Wrong. He will lead the way in reforming that pile of dung and restore it's methods to normalcy.

You need to leave the US and visit China or India or Brazil, or even Paris.

We have some GREAT air here in America. We are doing a good enough job and we don't need to restrict our economy to the level we do compared to other nations.

I spent 30 days in China in 2014. I think I saw the blue sky one day, for a few hours.

The EPA is going to be restored to what it should always be, a maintenance role.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Remember that this is an article from the New York times. The same newspaper which wikileaks showed it would help Hillary in any way possible as a Presidential candidate.

Also remember that the regulations implemented by the EPA and under Obama have imposed and want to continue to impose extreme austerity in the United States, while the chief of the EPA admitted that climate legislation was simply a way to "reinvent the global economy and that people shouldn't measure at how much temperatures would lower under such austerity measures." The measures that would lower the U.S. emissions to levels in 1990 would only supposedly lower temperatures by 0.01degree C. Natural factors can also cause this decrease in temperatures, more so during a time when CO2 levels have continued to increase yet global temperatures slowed down tremendously.

The EPA has turned into an agency that simply wants to impose regulations, taxes, and force people to pay them (such as Obama admitting that truckers could avoid climate regulations if they paid a fee) all based on a lie.

Climate change is happening, but it is not because of mankind.

edit on 8-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

edit on 8-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Again, Trump is the swamp.

This IS the most serious issue facing the world and has the potential to wipe out large portions of our society. But reasonable people everywhere expected this much from Trump. The sh it is already starting to hit the fan with the environment and we're going to see drastic changes in the next 30-40 years.

The deniers won't be able to BS their way out of reality when they eventually see that half of FL will be under water. To me, FL is essentially worthless land now.

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump Picks Scott Pruitt, Climate Change Dissenter, to Lead E.P.A.
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump has selected Scott Pruitt, the Oklahoma attorney general and a close ally of the fossil fuel industry, to run the Environmental Protection Agency, signaling Mr. Trump’s determination to dismantle President Obama’s efforts to counter climate change — and much of the E.P.A. itself.

What the F is this?

There's really not much to say about this. Con man, villain, or total dumb#ss.... take your pick. Seems like an unwise move to me.... that is, if your goal for the EPA is Environmental Protection.

Just more of the same from the worst President Elect of all time. Share... discuss... talk about how the New York Times is leftist garbage. Or Climate Science is a Chinese hoax. I haven't yet plunged a coat hanger into my brain, so I still see this for the repugnancy it is. BUT maybe some of the more specially educated and lesser principled individuals can enlighten me to the greatness in this.

For everyone else... We're in a villain's world now. So... Here's more villainy for you. Enjoy.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Climate change is happening, but it is not because of mankind.

You only believe that because of politics.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Climate Change is real and it is man-made.

The deniers will always be the deniers. Look at Trump, look at the division he has caused, the damage already-- he and his supporters have denied all of it every step of the way. That's what these less evolved humans do. They never take responsibility, and no amount of proof will change their minds. Even if it all is proven by their own destruction they will deflect to something else. They are the less evolved, uneducated, pass the buck people, and have always been the obstacle to a better sustainable world.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Only thing I caught from that blather was that you want Trump to be a two term president.

Cool. I'm not so sure myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I can't stand the notion that addressing environmental impacts by humans is a strictly liberal thing. That kind of thinking is stupid and puts political religion ahead of human interests and scientific endeavor.

I agree - I can't stand it either. We've got to come together for the sake of the country and the planet

There's a war on science happening - and on reason in general. That this guy is going to be at the head of the EPA pretty much says it all. It actually hurts to think about it

edit on 12/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Climate is changing and will always change.

One man, in one administration, in one country on the planet is not going to save and/or doom the entire planet.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Climate is changing and will always change.

Very scientific opinion. The many, many actual scientists all over the world that are concerned about our situation must be wrong

One man, in one administration, in one country on the planet is not going to save and/or doom the entire planet.

If that makes you feel better. It's funny that you thought you had to add that

If you understood the situation better, you might begin to see how this one administration at this point in time will jack up the whole process and make it possible for us to miss some very important and time sensitive deadlines

We might not make it anyway - but we need to try

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Greenpeace is so anti science that they are willing to let people die to prove their point.

Science denialism isn't exclusive to republicans. Not by a long shot.

For some reason you believe the claims that science actually has a proper unbiased voice in this.

Literally no science is truly in agreement...and it is more than clear that current models do not even allow for research that can fully look for the truth.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

That is a misnomer.

Peer reviewed scientific endeavor is what I put my trust in. Not political bull#.

Politicizing science does a disservice to us as a nation.

There's no conservative or liberal science.

You are so incredibly wrong on this...SCIENCE is completely and inevitably political...and this climate science is the most affected.

How do you not see the Trillions of dollars in Carbon taxes that have had zero effect but to line pockets ??

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What the F is this?

Reality, welcome to it.

Do you have anything to back up the claim that he is a con man, or villain? Dumbass?

really?.....well it's not from some type of fake news site, it's his own words and actions on the record

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What difference does it really make whether someone is pro/neutral/anti in the Climate debate?

Without solid economical solutions to however real or how big a threat it is or is not then all the rest is just propaganda of the increasingly pointless variety.

The E in EPA stands for Environment NOT the economy.

When the environment gets destroyed, the economy loses too. Short term profits should not be deemed more important than preserving the environment, especially when those profits are made by destroying the environment.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Please don't be stupid. The science is clear, it is the political agenda that makes gullible ignorant folks like you believe that science has an agenda and anthropogenic climate change is not valid.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: ParasuvO

Please don't be stupid. The science is clear, it is the political agenda that makes gullible ignorant folks like you believe that science has an agenda and anthropogenic climate change is not valid.

Actually, the science is not as clear as you think it is. There is definitely some climate change going on but the amount attributable to human activity is in question. There are some that think they know what is good for the world which is how they justified cooking the books with the famous "hockey stick" curve and "climategate" emails, not to mention continued R&D funding for their pet projects.
We are coming out of the "little ice age" which followed the "medieval warm period" [950 to 1100 AD]. Causes for this warming are speculative but it was likely not industrialization and use of fossil fuels. This is why Greenland was called Greenland and not Whiteland or Snowland.
What to do? Many people say we should burn hydrogen but those same people have no idea how we get hydrogen. Hydrogen is a derived product and will not be an energy carrier as there are better ways to do such. We should continue to develop new technologies, such as advanced nuclear plants, solar cells, and battery powered vehicles. This development, under the guise of saving the world, will help all reach the goal of a better world. Wind and solar can help but cannot assume the burden alone at this point. Stop trying to fix the problem with drop-in-the-bucket approaches like capturing and sequestering CO2 in deep brine reservoirs. The best way to avoid CO2 emissions is just that; avoid them. Use more efficient lighting systems and electric motors as we have been doing. We might have to give up a little comfort by reducing air conditioning and drying clothes on a line [see, for example, Germany]. This may be tough for spoiled folks who are used to such as they seem to want a global fix that will not disrupt their lives. All-in-all, we will have to adapt to whatever weather patterns exist at any given time which is what humans have been doing, historically. The sea may rise in places and recede in others. Adapt.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

...signaling Mr. Trump’s determination to dismantle ... much of the E.P.A. itself.

What the F is this?

It is one of the single greatest steps to recovering a country that is edging closer to collapsing in on itself.

Now, if only they can stop raping the "interstate commerce" and "general welfare" clauses. "Indirect effect" my arse.
edit on Ev37ThursdayThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 08 Dec 2016 11:37:06 -06007752016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join