It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Picks Climate Change Dissenter to Lead EPA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

www.reuters.com...

This is the White House trying to walk back the comment.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
SPACE.COM

The White House and NASA on Tuesday defended comments that the nation's top space official made on the Arabic news network Al-Jazeera about one of his "foremost" tasks being to reach out to the Muslim world.

NASA chief Charles Bolden's remarks caused a stir among commentators.

"When I became the NASA administrator, (President Obama) charged me with three things," Bolden said in the interview which aired last week. "One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering."

On Fox News Channel, commentator Charles Krauthammer called Bolden's comments "a new height of fatuousness. NASA was established to get America into space and to keep us there. This idea of 'to feel good about your past scientific achievements' is the worst kind of group therapy, psycho-babble, imperial condescension and adolescent diplomacy. If I didn't know that Obama had told him this, I'd demand the firing of Charles Bolden."

White House spokeswoman Moira Mack said the president's intention is collaboration.
www.space.com...

edit on 7-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

People like you are impossible, if you don't like the source then look for it yourself.

Anyone claiming crap as fact and not providing a source, I am not buying. I am perfectly capable of searching google, in fact make a portion of my living that way. Some asshat quoting arabic websites, is not an expert. Quote the GD source or quit publically making the claims. QUOTE THE F'N SOURCE

Who cares if it's an Arabic website/news site? Are you saying you don't trust Arabs?

Al-Jezzerah is not at the top of my list of trusted web site, is it a favorite of yours?

link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

The EPA should be Broken Up into a Million Pieces , it's basically an Independent Dictatorship . I Hope Mr. Trump Cleans House there if he decides to keep it .
edit on 7-12-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   

dp

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

dp

link   

dp

link   

dp

link   

dp

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I DID.

Play the damn video.

Everything on youtube is not fact, post a source. Not all of us can watch YouTube, or care to, because of the crap posted there.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The EPA should be Broken Up into a Million Pieces , it basically an Independent Dictatorship . I Hope Mr. Trump Cleans House there if he decides to keep it .

So you are perfectly okay with the air and water around you being polluted?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't have a favorite, I take multiple sources do some of my own research and decide from there but the important part is I do it because I don't rely on others to do the work for me.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I don't have a favorite, I take multiple sources do some of my own research and decide from there but the important part is I do it because I don't rely on others to do the work for me.

As do I, but others claiming fact because of YouTube, I don't buy. I spend much of my day doing online research for the firm that I work for. I am perfectly capable of doing the research myself, but if you are making claims, quote the damn source. I have to prove my work every day.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

Considering Obama dismantled NASA only to leave them with the jobs of raising Islam awareness, and studying climate change, I'd say that whole agenda was a swamp of itself.

And a bayou arguably could be a vehicle to drain a swamp.

Do you have any sources for this garbage you are spewing?

As rude as you were nobody should have even responded.

Before you flame the forum about a video maybe you watch it first and then decide if it even warrants the kind of scrutiny you're carrying on about. And sometimes all there is that rare gem of a video. This idea that video is 'banned' as a source media is way too intense for even my tastes.

You're talking as if "youtube is the source" if something happens to be posted there, or that if somebody does an interveiw on some video news service then the service itself is the SOURCE, nevermind the content. Also, since photos can be edited NOPE we cant post photos or whatever as images ever again(except maybe for satire??). Following this logic, next we wont even be able to speak about IDEAS we may have heard somewhere in the forum, because now the forum becomes the "source"!
edit on 7-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Don't know what to tell you then but good luck, and no I don't have a source for this.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: pteridine
So if you, personally, don't like the election results, the electors should cast their vote for someone other than Trump? Where were you when the unqualified Obama was elected? Who would you suggest that the electors vote for? Pay-for-play Hillary and the Clinton Crime Family?

Not that I'm supporting faithless electors, but Obama was far from unqualified.

At the time he was elected he had something like 14 years experience in state government, was a 1 term Senator, and a Constitutional Law professor. His resume/academic background is one of the most impressive we've ever had for President. More importantly, he's a citizen who lived in the US for enough years, over the age of 35, and won the electoral vote. The literal constitutional definition of qualifications for President

Yes, you are correct about Obama. I was making the point that anyone can come up with arbitrary measures of qualification. You could say that if "the business of America is business," a qualification would be to own and run a global business empire. You could say that lawyers are untrustworthy, so anyone with a law degree should not be elected.

Whining about Trump's win and pushing faithless electors, merely because someone was unhappy with the results, subverts the system. Eisenhower had no political experience, either, and no one suggested that he not be elected. One could raise the bar and say that no one is qualified unless they serve the apprenticeship of VP, first. To qualify for VP, there may be another set of hoops to jump through, and so on until no one has enough boxes checked to qualify.

The special snowflakes have to learn that they, too, have to compromise. The DNC was railroaded by the Clintons to get Hillary her presidency and it didn't work. All the conniving, cheating, and corruption came out and she lost. If Biden-Warren would have run, Trump would have been done.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No . The EPA goes FAR BEYOND taking care of the Environment , it has become a Political Body Unto itself , and Oversteps it's Authority on a constant basis .

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Eisenhower had no political experience, either, and no one suggested that he not be elected.

It was a very different time when Eisenhower was president.

There really is no comparison.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

Considering Obama dismantled NASA only to leave them with the jobs of raising Islam awareness, and studying climate change, I'd say that whole agenda was a swamp of itself.

And a bayou arguably could be a vehicle to drain a swamp.

Do you have any sources for this garbage you are spewing?

As rude as you were nobody should have even responded.

Before you flame the forum about a video maybe you watch it first and then decide if it even warrants the kind of scrutiny you're carrying on about. And sometimes all there is that rare gem of a video. This idea that video is 'banned' as a source media is way too intense for even my tastes.

You're talking as if "youtube is the source" if something happens to be posted there, or that if somebody does an interveiw on some video news service then the service itself is the SOURCE, nevermind the content. Also, since photos can be edited NOPE we cant post photos or whatever as images ever again(except maybe for satire??). Following this logic, next we wont even be able to speak about IDEAS we may have heard somewhere in the forum, because now the forum becomes the "source"!

To post a video in the OP and claim miraculous information I have an issue with. Sometimes there is that rare gem of a video, ask Tump about that one. You are claiming crap that no one else has picked up, and unfortunately youtube does not identify who they are speaking with. Without backup, I don't believe the news, I don't believe photos, I don't believe videos. They can all be altered, and I need multiple sources to confirm. I guess I am a skeptic in my way of life, I don't tend to buy into a lot of BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No . The EPA goes FAR BEYOND taking care of the Environment , it has become a Political Body Unto itself , and Oversteps it's Authority on a constant basis .

Seriously, making wild ass claims with no source, because all your right wing buddies will buy this as gospel. Care to provide some more info?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join