It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Picks Climate Change Dissenter to Lead EPA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is just another reason Electors should stand up and perform their duty to protect the country against such an unqualified and destructive President-Elect, by casting their vote for someone other than Trump.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Annee

This is the absolute worst of his picks so far. It's a slap in the face.

Has there been a good one?

Cuz I haven't seen it.

Not that I can see so far... True. I already was pissed over Carson yesterday, because my current work includes working with Hud-related topics

I'm a major supporter of separation of church and state.

So, you can imagine I'm not thrilled either.

Would HUD turn down an Atheist? (I know that sounds like a ridiculous question, but . . . in reality I don't think it is)

Did Carson really say this?

EDIT: NO HE DIDN'T. It's satire. But, he could have said something like it.

“It’s great because you have these people who don’t want to work and need the uplifting hand of God,” Carson stated to the press. “They will build a biblically based structure. Then they live in it. They will store their flour, oats or whatever just like Egyptians did.” www.patheos.com...

edit on 7-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I would have just disbanded the EPA (along with a bunch of other alphabet agencies). I guess Trump thinks they serve a purpose.
edit on 2016/12/7 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
...and in other news, corn futures are waaay up!

edit on 7-12-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
This is just another reason Electors should stand up and perform their duty to protect the country against such an unqualified and destructive President-Elect, by casting their vote for someone other than Trump.

Oh geez, please just

That is a dead horse.

You are on the wrong side of history. Isn't that your phrase of choice?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Cuz I haven't seen it.

Not that I can see so far... True. I already was pissed over Carson yesterday, because my current work includes working with Hud-related topics

Would HUD turn down an Atheist? (I know that sounds like a ridiculous question, but . . . in reality I don't think it is)

Do you mean because he is a Christian?

And they don't have religious tests for housing. But, some landlords with section 8 voucher holders do discriminate on various things, which is a problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

So if you, personally, don't like the election results, the electors should cast their vote for someone other than Trump? Where were you when the unqualified Obama was elected? Who would you suggest that the electors vote for? Pay-for-play Hillary and the Clinton Crime Family?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: projectvxn

Don't be too harsh...just yet.

“Scientists continue to disagree about the degree and extent of global warming and its connection to the actions of mankind,” he wrote in National Review earlier this year. “That debate should be encouraged — in classrooms, public forums, and the halls of Congress. It should not be silenced with threats of prosecution. Dissent is not a crime.”

www.nytimes.com...

The vast majority of "peer-reviewing" scientists see the data as conclusive.

Also, this AG has also sued the government over basic environmental regulations.

He's an ally of big oil and gas.

The absolute worst choice almost to head to EPA.

It's a slap in the face to not only us, but the planet.

He was one of 28 states that sued.

So you can bitch at the other 27 too.

Stop driving or taking public transport and don't use plastic.

There, see? So easy to do your part.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Cuz I haven't seen it.

Do you mean because he is a Christian?

And they don't have religious tests for housing. But, some landlords with section 8 voucher holders do discriminate on various things, which is a problem.

NO - - I don't want to get into Christian bashing.

But, - - - more like this: some landlords with section 8 voucher holders do discriminate on various things, which is a problem.

Kind of like "Right Wingers are Feeling their Oats" - - - with the Power of Trump,.

I lived before Federal Fair Housing. Some things stick in your memory.

edit on 7-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's a slow progression, as technology improves, the problems will also decline. The worst oil spills in history all happened before 2000, the worst ever happened in 1909. I suggest you do your own research, you would already understand this if you had done it the first time, threats are better mitigated now than in the past.

Lakeview Gusher

All of the world’s energy sources will be needed to meet rising demand to 2040, but there will be a marked shift toward cleaner fuels, particularly natural gas.

corporate.exxonmobil.com...
edit on 7-12-2016 by GodEmperor because: link

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

From this article, what Pruitt said was exactly right. This debate needs to be had, especially before committing to massive and expensive agreements.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

From this article, what Pruitt said was exactly right. This debate needs to be had, especially before committing to massive and expensive agreements.

I think we need to let scientists and engineers lead on this and take the politics out of it as much as is possible.

So far allowing politicians to grandstand on climate change has netted nothing but a tax scheme that benefits politicians and corporations who can afford to pollute.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, this just seems to be continuing the trend...

#buildtheswamp

Whatever "swamp" people think DC is or has become, Trump seems hell-bent on expanding it, and turning it into a full-on bayou.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As promised, the winning just never ends.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Considering Obama dismantled NASA only to leave them with the jobs of raising Islam awareness, and studying climate change, I'd say that whole agenda was a swamp of itself.

And a bayou arguably could be a vehicle to drain a swamp.

edit on 7-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
So if you, personally, don't like the election results, the electors should cast their vote for someone other than Trump? Where were you when the unqualified Obama was elected? Who would you suggest that the electors vote for? Pay-for-play Hillary and the Clinton Crime Family?

Not that I'm supporting faithless electors, but Obama was far from unqualified.

At the time he was elected he had something like 14 years experience in state government, was a 1 term Senator, and a Constitutional Law professor. His resume/academic background is one of the most impressive we've ever had for President. More importantly, he's a citizen who lived in the US for enough years, over the age of 35, and won the electoral vote. The literal constitutional definition of qualifications for President

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I think we need to let scientists and engineers lead on this and take the politics out of it as much as is possible.

So far allowing politicians to grandstand on climate change has netted nothing but a tax scheme that benefits politicians and corporations who can afford to pollute.

Here, here,

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Kettu

Considering Obama dismantled NASA only to leave them with the jobs of raising Islam awareness, and studying climate change, I'd say that whole agenda was a swamp of itself.

And a bayou arguably could be a vehicle to drain a swamp.

Do you have any sources for this garbage you are spewing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join