It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trading in my Christmas tree for a palm tree this year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi everyone

I am traveling to Nassau, Bahamas for the holidays.

I have been to several places around the Caribbean, West Indies and South Pacific as well as in my own country but this will be my first time heading to Nassau. It is just a quick 5 day trip to get away from the same old holiday BS including wasteful spending, family drama, same old food, same old conversations, same old fights! My husband and I have been talking about doing this for years but there was always something stopping us. His dad was sick and dying, then my mom was sick and dying, issues with family, etc.

Anyway... we are finally doing it and I am excited to sit my behind on a beach and relax over the holidays vs. running around like a lunatic!

So has anyone been there? Any tips, trick, advice you could offer me? Any "must see" places? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
So has anyone been there? Any tips, trick, advice you could offer me? Any "must see" places? Thanks!

Where are you staying? The Bahamas is actually quite large. I have been to Nassau which was fun. I dive so I typically spend a good deal of time in the water, I could give you some good diving/snorkeling spots.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Im thinking of trading my pine tree for a cannabis plant. It will be easier to get rid of after Christmas.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

That sounds so cool! Can you decorate it and send some pics to my Christmas tree website....

dea.gov.'tree'photos

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would but after the teens got through trimming the "tree" there isnt much left. lol

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Take me!! Please take me. I'll buy the booze.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Good on you! Have a great trip!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks buddy! We're staying at an all inclusive on Cable Beach. I didn't want to stay out on Paradise island, too Atlantis-y for me! I don't dive or snorkel typically, I am more of an explorer when it comes to trails and caves.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
Thanks buddy! We're staying at an all inclusive on Cable Beach. I didn't want to stay out on Paradise island, too Atlantis-y for me! I don't dive or snorkel typically, I am more of an explorer when it comes to trails and caves.

Not a fan of the big resorts so at least you are not there.

You can head over to Clifton Park which is on the far western tip of the island. Some trails, quieter beaches and wildlife to see. Killarney Lake, near the airport, is also good to walk around, although it can be occasionally noisy with all the aircraft.

edit on 7-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

It is just a quick 5 day trip to get away from the same old holiday BS including wasteful spending, family drama, same old food, same old conversations, same old fights!

So how did it go? You need to watch 4 xmas

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hopefully Christmas of 2017 will be the last Christmas I spend in the snow. Looking forward to permanent palm trees!

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's beautiful there! You have to try and jet-ski at 6am, the sun is gorgeous at the time and the water is warm.

top topics

join