It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump team says he supports construction of Dakota Access oil pipeline

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Something I actually expected from Trump.

Business is business.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Swills
The oil company is encroaching on Sioux land

Please show exactly what Sioux land it is being built on.
Unless.....

yea, their lands were taken centuries ago whilst they were massacred.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nothing to do with it? Reports are in that he's has money invested somewhere tied to these companies and, something else, oh yeah, he's the President Elect who just came out supporting the pipeline!

How are you incapable of understanding that?

Pretty much it's really that cut and dry.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now that Donald Trump has said that he supports construction of the pipeline, will the 2,100 military veterans in this article perhaps feel uncomfortable by helping to block the pipeline's construction?

Veteran's build shelters, and will act as "human shields" to protect protestors: www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
a reply to: dreamingawake

What part of January 20th dont you understand?

and

originally posted by: spirit_horse
It is not on Sioux land. It is on private property. It is not going over rivers, but under them.

The tribe wanted $35 million to run through their land. The company decided to go around their land and on private property. Then the protests began.

edit on 2-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It is not on Sioux land. It is on private property. It is not going over rivers, but under them.

The tribe wanted $35 million to run through their land. The company decided to go around their land and on private property. Then the protests began.

Best post on this topic ever....
Mods , this deserves an applause

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, I do not agree with Trump on this issue. He is still the president elect and he is going to be president soon. That does not mean I have to agree with everything he does though. He will have my respect as president when he gets into his job.

I didn't agree with a lot of what Obama did either but he is president of this country right now. I would even have respected Hillary as president if she got elected even though I don't like the way she deceives people. At this time I feel Trump was the better choice for president.

Okay? SMH. Same with Bush and his 9/11 "Patriot Act", etc.,BS?

Will you respect him if he carries on with the repercussions these people are going through for standing up to their plight when Trump becomes a POTUS supporting the pipeline?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ah, that gets the dumbass award.

What a gem!

LOL
edit on 2-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Ah, that gets the dumbass award. What a gem!

I agree but dont feel bad. You didnt have all the facts and attacked a person who did. Hang in there though and you will win the award. I'm positive your post will clinch it.
edit on 2-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ah, that gets the dumbass award. What a gem!

I agree but dont feel bad. You didnt have all the facts and attacked a person who did. Hang in there though and you will win the award. I'm positive your post will clinch it.

That's nice when he attacked me in a similar fashion neither did he have facts anymore than anyone else. Speaking of facts...SMH(see other replies and questions)

You need a safe space too?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Nope - im not an unthinking liberal / democrat.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well, I do not agree with Trump on this issue. He is still the president elect and he is going to be president soon. That does not mean I have to agree with everything he does though. He will have my respect as president when he gets into his job.

I didn't agree with a lot of what Obama did either but he is president of this country right now. I would even have respected Hillary as president if she got elected even though I don't like the way she deceives people. At this time I feel Trump was the better choice for president.

Will you respect him if he carries on with the repercussions these people are going through for standing up to their plight when Trump becomes a POTUS supporting the pipeline?

Whoever sits in the office as president is our president. I will respect the president, I always have. It does not mean I will agree with the actions of the president though. We should have insisted on better candidates from both the major parties.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Swills

What part of January 20th dont you understand?

and

Why does it matter? He is president elect now. Unless you know something everyone else doesn't.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Whoever sits in the office as president is our president. I will respect the president, I always have. It does not mean I will agree with the actions of the president though. We should have insisted on better candidates from both the major parties.

Yes, Trump and Hillary included.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yeah - he is not President until January 20th so this mess is on Obama and Lynch.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Nope - im not an unthinking liberal / democrat.

Unthinking conservative/ Republican is much better?

Both sides are Falling for the same things. Now that Trump won people are going to sleep on issues they would have problems with if Hillary won.

Good go.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

When you figure out what you are talking about clue the rest of us in because it has nothing to do with my comment as a response to your post.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Map of Current Pipelines in US.

Yep, they are all over the place. I am sure regulations are much more stringent today though.

Take a look at your map, and then this one:

This image displays the number of “Crude Oil Pipeline Incidents” from 2010-2015. According to Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety, “these spills and ruptures released over 7 million gallons of crude [oil],” with individual leaks ranging from a few to thousands of gallons each.

Link

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, of course he supports it.

He's invested in it.

According to his Public Financial Disclosure Report, Trump has investments worth between $500,000 and $1 million in Dallas-based Energy Transfer Partners, whose subsidiary, Dakota Access, is building the four-state crude oil pipeline.

Link

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

From the looks of that incident map, a couple more spills won't matter much. The environmentalists should probably focus on shutting down the existing lines that generated those hundreds of spills. IF they REALLY care, that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join