It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump team says he supports construction of Dakota Access oil pipeline

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald Trump supports completion of the disputed Dakota Access oil pipeline in the Midwest, based on policy and not the billionaire businessman’s investments in a partnership building the $3.8 billion pipeline, according to an aide’s memo. Spokesman Bryan Lanza said in a memo this week to supporters that Trump’s backing for the pipeline near a North Dakota Indian reservation “has nothing to do with his personal investments and everything to do with promoting policies that benefit all Americans.”

Any of you familiar with this pipeline and the protest against it by the Sioux nation? If not, you've been missing out on stories of police brutality and false flag operations (well, one that I know of so far). The oil company is encroaching on Sioux land and is ready to complete construction, if it weren't for these damn water protectors!

This is going on right now and finally President Elect Trump has spoken and not surprisingly he stands with the oil company whom he also has investments in.

Trump, making Trump great again!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well I bet Trump can settle the disputes soon.

We can wait and see if he makes all involved happy.

He might surprise people.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It is not on Sioux land. It is on private property. It is not going over rivers, but under them.

The tribe wanted $35 million to run through their land. The company decided to go around their land and on private property. Then the protests began.

edit on 2/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
The oil company is encroaching on Sioux land

Please show exactly what Sioux land it is being built on.
Unless.....

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well I bet Trump can settle the disputes soon.

We can wait and see if he makes all involved happy.

He might surprise people.

What does any of that even mean? I guess, it sounds like very wishful thinking on your part? What about Trump makes you think he'll make everyone happy? That's not real life. The oil companies want this pipeline and they usually get exactly what they want.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
It is not on Sioux land. It is on private property. It is not going over rivers, but under them.

From what I understand, that's the rub. The environmentalists and local Indians, are afraid that the pipe will burst under the river and ruin their fishing trips.

Aren't there all kinds of oil and gas pipes running under the Hudson River between New Jersey and Manhattan? Those were built DECADES ago, and haven't leaked.

Is George SOROS behind these pipeline protests? Smells like him.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

It's not huh? Well, they have a very old treaty that says otherwise. The entire situation is very complicated and definitely needs to be sorted out in court but the oil companies are losing money everyday that pipeline is delayed and they don't have time for court cases and arguments. They're pushing hard for this and using all their political connections to get it done and now Trump comes out in support.

So much for the legal system when you have crony capitalism.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Who cares.

It was a done deal five years ago.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

The oil company is encroaching on Sioux land

Please show exactly what Sioux land it is being built on.
Unless.....

That's exactly what needs to be discussed and the Sioux nation, among other Native American tribes, would like to point out where the lines begin and end but instead the oil company continues to build. This is an age old tale, you might have seen it's recent incarnation,

edit on 2-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Making it over/under/around native land.

I'd really rather not walk 3 miles each way to get and boil my water.

If they were smart they would have negotiated a better deal.

I have no problem with native Americans enforcing what they currently have. Or even trying to get a better deal. But you don't get to complain/bitch about something just because 'I do not like it'

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Map of Current Pipelines in US.

Yep, they are all over the place. I am sure regulations are much more stringent today though.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He might surprise people but it does not sit right with me with him having a stake. Even if he didn't have a stake.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's not huh? Well, they have a very old treaty that says otherwise. The entire situation is very complicated and definitely needs to be sorted out in court but the oil companies are losing money everyday that pipeline is delayed and they don't have time for court cases and arguments. They're pushing hard for this and using all their political connections to get it done and now Trump comes out in support.

So much for the legal system when you have crony capitalism.

The Standing Rock Sioux also argue that the pipeline traverses a sacred burial ground. And while the land being used for the pipeline is not technically on its reservation, tribal leaders argue that the federal government did not adequately engage the Standing Rock Sioux during the permitting process—a requirement under federal law.

Time Source

It is not on their land. They should have protested before it was under construction. The pipeline has gone through myriads of studies, regulations, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Now the billion dollar construction is well under way.

edit on 2/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

And I'm sure if the gov't took your property away but negotiated a good "deal" with you as your severance package you would be totally ok with it because I don't wanna drive 3 miles out of my way when we can build a highway through your living room?

That said, what your thoughts here? You support the Native Americans getting a better deal? The question is, were they giving one at all? I doubt it.

So again, this all needs to be settled in court asap but the oil company doesn't want that and maybe even thinks it will lose so they are pressuring federal and state gov't to continue construction.

Has Obama even said anything about this? Probably not. At least, I think, he veto'd the pipeline but oil companies.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Trump wants to make America energy independent.
That sounds like a good idea to me.

I would rather have a president that negotiates to work out a deal that works for everyone, than someone who handles a volatile situation like this:

A North Dakota judge issued an arrest warrant Wednesday for Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein, who is being charged with trespass and criminal mischief for allegedly vandalizing equipment at a pipeline opposed by a Native American tribe and environmentalists.

Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier said Ms. Stein and her vice presidential candidate, Ajamu Baraka, were being charged with the two misdemeanors for spray-painting messages on a bulldozer on Tuesday. He said he was alerted to video of Ms. Stein painting “I approve this message” on the equipment.
As protests have grown more heated in recent weeks, police and pipeline opponents also have disagreed over who has been provoking the clashes, which erupted in violence over the weekend. The sheriff said he withdrew his officers from Tuesday’s protest because he said some protesters wore masks and carried hatchets.

Arrest Warrant Issued for Green Party Candidate Jill Stein Over Pipeline Protest
edit on 12/2/16 by BlueAjah because: grammar

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ugh, that's gross. We need to start moving onto renewable energies and fast. I saw headlines about new solar roof panels that sound fantastic. Please let that be our future! Screw you hurricanes!!! I'm still gonna have power if my house is still standing!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ugh, that's gross. We need to start moving onto renewable energies and fast. I saw headlines about new solar roof panels that sound fantastic. Please let that be our future! Screw you hurricanes!!! I'm still gonna have power if my house is still standing!!!!

I agree. I had to run my house on generator for 6 days when Matthew passed off the coast. The problem is we have to have fuel until we can get technology that works well and is available at a reasonable cost. Back in the 80's I read about these carburetors that were invented back in the 60's that could ridiculously increase mileage on the old muscle cars. They basically heated up the gas and burned the fumes.

I would imagine that they didn't consult the tribe because it wasn't on their land. I am not sure if the claim it is crossing an old burial ground is true or not. If it wasn't on their land, why haven't they been protesting their sacred burial ground to be incorporated into their reservation? If they wanted $35 million to cross their land, it would imply that they knew about it beforehand and when the oil companies decided to bypass their land the burial ground became an issue. From what I can tell the protest began when the pipeline already under construction got close to the area. Of course I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time in my life.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

and yet trump has nothing to do with it. This is all on Obama and AG Lynch. Any reason you guys are incapabale of understanding that?

Also -

The memo also offers encouragement to protesters who have camped out near a proposed pipeline crossing in North Dakota close to the Standing Rock Sioux reservation. Hundreds of protesters — calling themselves water “protectors” — have shrugged off heavy snow and frigid temperatures to hunker down in a large encampment near the crossing site beneath a Missouri River reservoir.

edit on 2-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nothing to do with it? Reports are in that he's has money invested somewhere tied to these companies and, something else, oh yeah, he's the President Elect who just came out supporting the pipeline!

How are you incapable of understanding that?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, I do not agree with Trump on this issue. He is still the president elect and he is going to be president soon. That does not mean I have to agree with everything he does though. He will have my respect as president when he gets into his job.

I didn't agree with a lot of what Obama did either but he is president of this country right now. I would even have respected Hillary as president if she got elected even though I don't like the way she deceives people. At this time I feel Trump was the better choice for president.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join