It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that I'm out I can post these:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i literally just joined this site,because i read some of your thread. First off, AMAZING PHOTOS!!! second,awesome helmet,and third,thnx so much for your service. ok so im curious...with all your flight time did have a moment of ,"wow the earth is real flat,or goes on forever,or..." i myself think the earth is like a dinner plate bowl if that makes any sense lol. thnx again!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing these epic photos, and an even bigger thank you for your service.

Congratulations and my best wishes go out to you and your future. Your alternative energy plan sounds terrific!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CeladonJade

The earth is. It flat.

From 13,000 feet you can see the curvature just fine.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Lol you are right.
You ready for some area beautification? Pick up those leaves! Hooooah! Ha

a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: HOUNDDAWG

The Beast of Kandahar.
Yes it existed there. But it was moved to another FOB for recon missions.
That's all I will say for now.

I think hounddawg was referring to this:

and you were referring to this:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The earth is. It flat.

Meant to say earth is NOT flat.

But what the hell, phone is a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The earth is. It flat.

Sure you did, guy. Sure you did.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Some great photos, thanks for sharing.

Were you a pilot? That's quite the approach w/ clouds 100' agl!
edit on 3-12-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

I was a crew chief and door gunner.

We were at 1200 ft agl on approach to a small COP run by US SF teams in Darvishan.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just caught this thread, got to say #5 made me LoL...dress blues and "that guy" with the shades.... Lemme guess, CW4?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Star for you. .

Sarcasm much LOL

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: namelesss
You act like the man was there to exterminate people. , but you could at least show him respect. Never soapbox a warrior.

Exactly. It's far more wise to disagree with the failed leadership 30 years ago that caused a need to send US troops to Afghanistan than to disrespect the US soldiers who served.

Jimmy Carter and the CIA accusing Russia of invading Afghanistan then arming Islamic radicals to kill 14,000 Russian troops, when in fact Russia rejected initial requests by the moderate Islamic gov't for help and were in fact invited to put boots on the ground in Afghanistan.

Then we get September 11th and Bin Laden, facilitating a need to send US troops to do the same job Russian soldiers were already doing fighting extremists in the same country. If you want to disrespect Jimmy Carter for lying about a Russian invasion and the CIA for arming the Mujahadeen, fine, but disrespecting the service of US soldiers who did a job that had to be done is....I don't have the words really.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: blood0fheroes

We had no CW5s in our company. I'm pretty sure that guy was a CW3 at the time and he made 4 before I left.

The 2 CW5s we had on our deployment were like unicorns. Both had been in for over 30 years and had experience on multiple airframes.

edit on 4 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The earth is. It flat.

Bahahaha! I was wondering about that flat earth comment. I was like...What??? Nah, I knew you made a mistake. Well, I was sure hoping anyway. LOL

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Nice. I was commo for 6-101 from 07 to 11...one of our cw4's (our safety/stands guy) had a framed pic of himself with one hand firmly thrust into his pocket...while shaking hands with G.W.B.

I figured your pic had to be something similar

Good times.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I was going to reclass to 25U before I was injured.

Would have been a fantastic career opportunity.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
great pix!

I was 15p in iraq for two years. out now.

do yourself a favor, and take a lot of pix. even if youre career, this will be the best time of your life. odd how it can suck so much, yet be so much fun! (I slept in full mopp gear several times, and that sux!) hopefully you have a good commander, cause as a friend of mine said (15 years in the navy) its the commanders you have that make you reenlist. sometimes i wish i was back in iraq. things were so much simpler.

also, try to reup for europe. the big red one was in wurzburg germany when i was in, but that may have changed. europe is awesome! korea sux!.

good luck, enjoy, and if you plan to get out, start now on your education. only tower ops can transition to the civilian world, (after manning 5 towers i think). everything else you still have to go through faa training. avoid computers, the field is bloated and everyone is hiring indians. airframe maintenance and tech skills are a good way to go with your background. im currently going for physical therapy assistant.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

I've been out almost a year.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

yep that was my job...
It was frustrating at times (particularly those moments when a pilot refused to admit I knew more about the radios then he did) But like a crewcheif - as long as you were willing to get out in front of the workload and stay ahead of the maintenance schedule it was a pretty easy life; though not at chill as say 00-ABID

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

ABID was required study material at Fort Eustis.

Thanks for posting that. I totally forgot about it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join