It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan: Turkish forces are in Syria to end Assad's rule

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that the Turkish Army has entered Syria to end the rule of Syrian President Bashar Assad, whom he accused of terrorism and causing the deaths of thousands of Syrians.

“We entered [Syria] to end the rule of the tyrant al-Assad who terrorizes with state terror. [We didn’t enter] for any other reason,” the Turkish president said at the first Inter-Parliamentary Jerusalem Platform Symposium in Istanbul, as quoted by Hurriyet daily.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

Erdogan: Turkish forces are in Syria to end Assad's rule

It is interesting because for some time Erdogan was on record as saying Turkey was only in Syria to fight ISIS . Is this considered an official declaration of war on Syria by Turkey? Or is this just him blowing hot air and smoke now due to the Syrian coalition nearing full liberation of Aleppo??

Let us see how this unfolds.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's all we bloody need.

This will mean war alright, because Russia will not sit on it's hands for it.

Planned to agitate Russia in all probability, those scum, shaking in their boots at how their grandiose plans are rapidly falling down around their ears are indeed getting desparate. First Britains EU exit, defied TPTB, then Trump was victorious over the established and entrenched politico's in the USA...they are litterally grasping at straws to draw Russia into a deliberate and destructive war, just so they can call 'a state of emergency' and probably suspend traditional politics, introduce martial law hence preventing the UK exit, and the Trump presidency.

Deliberate provocation.

Democracy is dead , certainly drawing it's death rattle folks, and you were alive to see it happen...how long we stay that way, is whether or not these faceless scumbags get their grubby plans in motion.

The timing is very strange too...are you aware of the 'faked' (supposedly 'drama') broadcast put out by the BBC yesterday?

Was a fake report saying that NATO forces near Latvia had fired upon a Russian aircraft, and how Russia had responded by attacking the ships that had fired on their plane?

It was produced as a real report, leading to escalation of violence and ultimately...a nuclear war.

What very, very, VERY suspicious timing.
edit on 29 11 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If this is true then they basically have declared war on the Syrian regime and therefore Syria.

Are the days of officialdom gone?

The US doesn't declare war anymore and Turkey are in a unique position to claim defence over ethnicities within Syria.

It's serious, Turkey could get backing on this by other nations in the area.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So... wait. Turkey's urinating in Russia's, Greece's and now Syria's cornflakes? Is Erdogan insane? He's risking a three front war.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

It's worse than that...Russia is an official ALLY of Syria...if Turkey attacks Syria, then Russia will level Turkey...then as Turkey is a member of NATO, the entirety of NATO would be obliged to respond to protect Turkey...even though the entire world would know it was completely contrived to provoke Russia into attacking Turkey.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I'm looking but I cannot find anything on that supposed fake news story.

Got a link?

link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Yes, he's probably a complete raving nutcase.

A regime change might be on the cards...and i'm not talking about Syria.

link   

Give me a mo....

Here you go:

Disclose TV Post
edit on 29 11 2016 by MysterX because: added link

The programme itself was put out by BBC 2, entitled 'Inside the war room'.

edit on 29 11 2016 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If Turkish troops in Syria is considered an act of war (Erdogan's comments could be seen as such) then NATO is under no obligation to defend Turkey from counter-offensives.

Its all about the intention, fighting terrorism is ok, declarations of war are not and as far as I know Syria is a nation and Assad's government is still seen as the official leadership of Syria.

So, NATO shouldn't be able to defend Turkey if Syria and/or Russia retaliate against a Turkish assault. NATO is strictly defensive.

In other words, Turkey is the provocateur and NATO cannot legally defend them should they be engaged militarily.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I would view this as a direct provocation if I were Russia or Syria. Couple this with Turkey's threats to unload their refugee population onto Greece and things could get really ugly.

Interesting thing about this, I had posted in another thread about Greece reclaiming Constantinople, but Russia is predominantly Orthodox Christian. In this regard Russia and Greece would be linked if either chose military action. I'm sure Russia would love to see Constantinople returned to Christian hands.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm looking but I cannot find anything on that supposed fake news story.

Got a link?

It's NOT a fake news story.

Russia Today is pretty accurate on reporting about that region: Turkey, Siria, etc.
and the RT article linked in the OP is quite extensive and explanatory.

---------------------

Post Scriptum:

Do not expect real information from tabloid propaganda outlets as CNN, New York Times, Washington Post or MSNBC.
edit on 29-11-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Lets not jump to conclusions. We still need more details here. My personal opinion is that he is blowing hot air in anger that the Syrian army just liberated a third of occupied Aleppo. I would like to hear him explain exactly what actions he will now take to overthrow Assad from power seeing as the last five years of interference does not appear to be successful.

And Russia would not level Turkey, they would just identify and destroy any of their assets inside of Syria.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

It's worse than that...Russia is an official ALLY of Syria...if Turkey attacks Syria, then Russia will level Turkey...then as Turkey is a member of NATO, the entirety of NATO would be obliged to respond to protect Turkey...even though the entire world would know it was completely contrived to provoke Russia into attacking Turkey.

Agreed.
That's a likely scenario.

but they are running against time,
as after January 20, with Trump's coming in charge, the US foreign policy is going to change completely.
And Putin knows it.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I sincerely hope that is correct...although even the legality of the situation aside, the sheer amount of sabre rattling that has been going on in Russia's direction of late, gives me pause for concern whether or not legality and so on would actually matter to TPTB...they're losing their grip, and animals backed into a corner are particularly dangerous and desparate.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I hope you're right.

I agree with you we should wait and see what develops...but with everything going on in the world right now...right and wrong, common sense and clear heads seem to be in rather short supply.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

I was on about the apparent shooting down of a Russian plane near Latvia, reported by the iBBC.

In all honesty that looks faked, BBC news is broadcast 24/7 it would have been the actual news room broadcasting. I've never seen that reporter before either.

But I'll dig some more though I'm on a mobile, it doesn't seem legit to me...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why does this remind me of a bible verse?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The BBC programme is 'faked' only inasmuch as the programme was ficticious....faked was the wrong word, apologies.

It was a 'what if?' kind of thing, supposedly.

The timing seems to be quite curious to me, considering the latest developments from Turkey.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From the RT article:

Turkish troops entered Syria on August 24, launching operation Euphrates Shield. Turkey deployed ground troops and air power to northern parts of its neighboring country, with the stated goal of retaking areas held by Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL).

They've been there for a while now. It's not like this is something new. They've had to halt air operations on threats from Damascus to shoot them down. Russian S400's are ready and waiting. Without full NATO support, Turkey doesn't stand a chance against Putin's forces. It's just the same old standoff.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Family just arrived and I'm cooking Taco's...

I'll dig more later but I'll go out on a whim and say that the video in question was not broadcast anywhere on the BBC.

It wasn't in BBC format, they don't show the BBC logo in the corner either... Everything is off with that video.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join