It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Erdogan: Turkish forces are in Syria to end Assad's rule

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness
Why does this remind me of a bible verse?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I would suggest you don't wander in the direction of Turkey anytime soon mate, you could be meeting your maker earlier than you thought if you went anywhere near the place.

(ok..bit dramatic, but you know what i mean)

Can't help with the actual bible verse, sorry.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

this is true, bu that was initially first under the excuse they could not allow Kurdish "terrorists" from setting up base so close to Turkey border. It then evolved into "to combat ISIS" . And now this week, he has made his intention publicly clear in this declaration to the world. I still want to hear him lay out a plan that would support this declaration.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well he can make all the public declarations he wants to. But the second he makes a threatening move, Putin will squash him. Can't say he wasn't warned. Assad is staying. For better or worse.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Why does this remind me of a bible verse?

well the only thing i can think of in the bible about turkey or close is Mt. Ararat.

could you be thinking about,

Isaiah 17:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The [aoracle concerning Damascus.
17 “Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city And will become a fallen ruin.

or

Jeremiah 49:24-27New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 “Damascus has become helpless; She has turned away to flee, And panic has gripped her; Distress and pangs have taken hold of her Like a woman in childbirth.
25 “How [a]the city of praise has not been deserted, The town of My joy!
26 “Therefore, her young men will fall in her streets, And all the men of war will be silenced in that day,” declares the Lord of hosts.
27 “I will set fire to the wall of Damascus, And it will devour the [c]fortified towers of Ben-ha

those are the only ones i can think of in the bible.

unless your thinking of the old name of gomer or Beth-togarmah , then that falls into magog and gog attacking Israel

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Although I am an agnostic I feel the idea of an all seeing all knowing God fixing things up quite appealing, we really are just a bunch of glorified monkeys with toys we shouldn't be allowed anywhere near at this stage.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I'll stand by my assessment that the whole thing is faked, that video was not aired anywhere by the BBC.

I was actually watching the political show that airs on BBC 2 at the time, around noon...

On BBC1, at the time the program Bargain Hunt was being aired (after 12.15pm) but it wasn't the episode that is shown in the link you provided. The episode linked was shot from Brackley, Northampshire. Yesterday the aired episode was shot in Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire.

The episode that was "interrupted" was actually aired on the 18th of March 2016 from Brackley Northampshire. It was episode 31, season 43.

I conclude that the video you linked is a fake. I could contact the BBC but I feel that it's not necessary.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Boy, oh boy what shape the worlds in.

This lunatic and now we have Trump!

All sanity has gone if there ever was sanity in this world

Within a year well probably have a world war

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I dont know how that could be taken in any other way than as a declaration of war. The only thing missing is the formal invitation on high priced stationary.

Erdogan is looking to build a new Ottoman empire. Hes a crazy mofo.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Warming Relations in Person, Putin and Erdogan Revive Pipeline Deal
www.nytimes.com...

What’s weird about this is that he and Putin supposed to have had a good meeting a couple of months ago and now we hear this…strange.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: RAY1990

It's worse than that...Russia is an official ALLY of Syria...if Turkey attacks Syria, then Russia will level Turkey...then as Turkey is a member of NATO, the entirety of NATO would be obliged to respond to protect Turkey...even though the entire world would know it was completely contrived to provoke Russia into attacking Turkey.

Actually NATO has to VOTE on it first, we wont go along with turkey.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Its makes for a strange puzzle . Egypt with some 4000 forces may be backing Syria probably because the Muslim Brotherhood is Turkish . MoA has a piece up on it

There are currently some 4,000 Iraqi and some 4,000 Iran hired Shia forces in Syria. 400 Iranian IRCG officers are there to advise and command those. Hizbullah has send some 2,000 of its special forces Ridwan units. Russia has in addition to its air and air defense elements special forces and command elements on the ground. The Egyptian force with some 4,000 soldiers would not be huge addition but it would be a good united fighting element. The political support which such a unit symbolizes is certainly of equal if not more value. France, which feverish supports the Jihadis in Syria, would be completely embarrassed by such a move. The whole world would laugh over its sanction move against Russia when the "Egyptian" Mistrals come in support of the Syrian government under Russian command. If such an Egyptian move happens a Syrian government campaign towards Raqqa is suddenly not only possible but even likely. The Egyptian army has some experience fighting Jihadis in the Sinai. It is not overly shy of taking casualties and it hates the Islamists. It can easily reinforce its own units on the ground with whatever number is needed. If Egypt is serious with this, ISIS in Raqqa is toast and all U.S. plans for a "Salafist principality" in east-Syria and west-Iraq will be in shambles.
www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Who gave them turkeys the go-ahead?

Seems like international law is not being recognized eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

He rolled into Iraq against the will of the Iraqi government, and did the same here in Syria. To be honest though, I am almost certain these actions were legit done to continue hurting the Kurds, which he seems to hate more than anything in the world. I feel it is inevitable though, he is going to have to accept the birth of Kurdistan when this is all over.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Putin will drop something heavy in his head. He is only concerned with the curds, the russians didn´t armed the curds wile ago and they could have done it. So probably Putin will let him control the curds under adult supervision and no more then that. Or he´ll go back selling carpets.

Aiii!
edit on 29-11-2016 by Pablito because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Pablito

The irony is the Kurds get most of their support in the last two years from US, UK, France and sometimes Germany! Its like why is Turkey even part of NATO anyways??

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Not so fast on NATO.

NATO is a defensive alliance. Article V can only be invoked if the NATO member is attacked. It does not apply when a NATO member initiates the hostilities and gets hit as a response.

If Turkey goes down this road it will most likely be themselves or them and a coalition with other Arab countries.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It, the ww3 vid you linked to from disclosure tv and the BBC images, are fake and came from Ben Marking and not the BBC.

Published on May 13, 2016

This video is merely a fictional dramatization, it is not real and is not happening in fact.

Update 16th July 2016 - new updated version now available (see youtu.be...) reflecting change of British Prime Minister. Completely new version now in production for August or September release, plus a special version for use on Christmas Day 2016.

Please remember that this is a dramatization, it is fictional and not really happening.

Update 12th July 2016 - this video is now redundant due to the change of Prime Minister in the UK. I will keep it online but will be releasing an updated version in the next week or so, and a more substantial new version in August/September based on the many comments, suggestions and ideas of the community. Thanks everyone for the great support.

Originally designed for fear response testing. This video is merely a dramatization, it is not real.

This video presents a live BBC news broadcast showing escalating conflict between Russian and NATO forces, culminating in a full scale strategic nuclear attack against the United Kingdom.

Please use this video with due consideration. While you are welcome to copy and use this video, in doing so you accept full and absolute responsibility for any and all consequences as a result thereof.

The content and implications of a scenario such as the one presented in the video are unsettling, and is intended to remind people how quickly things might change, how important it is to value what we have and to take less for granted, and to recognise how fundamentally unprepared we are as individuals and as a society for any such event.

If you want to to share reaction videos, remember to ensure reasonable video and sound quality. It is a long video so there is no need to post the full length of your recording, perhaps just key reaction shots during and towards the end of the broadcast.

Constructive comments and opinions are really welcome. We can provide lower or higher resolution versions of this upon request.

edit on 30-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

your pretty well versed in this area of operation, so I would like to hear your opinion. I believe that Erdogan at this point is blowing hot air as a result of coalition gains in liberating Aleppo. But I also believe he plans to continue his battle against Kurdish militias both inside Syria and Iraq. He may even order his forces to kick it up a notch now that the Iraqi forces are inside Mosul (Peshmerga agreed to stay outside of the city itself) .

My belief is that he is attempting to do everything possible to prevent the birth of an independent Kurdish state. Considering how closely American and other allied forces are working together with Kurdish militias in both countries, my question is do you believe that we can maintain this strange relationship with Turkey in which they do everything they can to undermine Kurdish progress to develop their own state while "Western forces" continue to help them, supply them, and provide other logistical support? Do you believe that a Kurdish state is an inevitable causality due to not only our support, but on friendly terms now with both Syria and Iraqi governments (overall), and how will turkey's actions affect this goal? Or do you think that a Kurdish state could never happen?

I respect and appreciate your knowledge on these topics, so I really would like to hear some of your input on my analyses.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Turkish forces are in Syria? What are they doing there?

Come on "Erdie", stop bluffing, get your balls straight and show us, how the turkish military gets nuked!

Please, don't make me wait, move into Syria ...

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join