It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Are Watching Your Facebook Feed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: Kettu

Nope. AT&Ts networks are a regulated public utility.

The FCC may have ruled that the internet is a public utility under Title II, but the infrastructure that AT&T and others pay for (fiber optic lines) ect are still paid for by them. And AT&T isn't the government or a company owned by its users. It's not a cooperative, or a government agency. It's a private company.

If they decide to install monitoring drops on their lines...that's up to them. When you sign up to use the internet through an ISP you agree to a litany of conditions and terms. Most people don't read them.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Lol, hubris strikes again!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If I'm a officer I will use any legal means to stop criminals

It's unconstitutional to arbitrarily search everyone, it's called the fourth amendment.

Sooooo did you do some more research on the fourth, or can you admit to being wrong?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

When you post on Facebook you are choosing to make your business public. Read the Facebook T&Cs sometime- when you agree to them you give them permission to access whatever you put on there. That means they can let any sort of law enforcement or alphabet agency to browse your FB page and all they have to say is that the criteria fit for it to be allowed. If you are that worried about it either be very careful of what you post or deactivate your account and let your friends and family know what's going on in your life by either going to visit them or by picking up a phone and calling them- it really is that simple!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Not true and it's up to you what you post on a public forum. If there is something there law enforcement would be interested in, that's the person's fault who was so foolish as to post it.

The real story here is why do criminals post information about their criminal activity in the first place? It's a pretty stupid thing for them to do, so they should not be surprised if they hang themselves by being that dumb.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You think they aren't looking at ATS for right wing malcontents?

I'm sure they are gathering data on everything that is being posted on here.

But I am pretty under the radar when it comes to political discussions on ATS. I have them, but I don't make threads about them. Nor do I advocate anything illegal.

There are plenty of real nut jobs on ATS for them to waste their time with.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

Things that make you go hmm.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

There are plenty of real nut jobs on ATS for them to waste their time with.

Right...."Black Lodge" doesn't flag you? Believe me...it does.
edit on 26-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The fourth amendment is protection from illegal search and seizure

It's against unreasonable search and seizure, which some of this sure sounds like to me, especially the location tracking part. If someone's suspected of being a criminal then they should have to get a warrant to track their location.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Right...."Black Lodge" doesn't flag you. Believe me...it does.

Why? Because I'm a HUGE Twin Peaks fan?

So silly.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The fourth amendment is protection from illegal search and seizure

It's against unreasonable search and seizure, which some of this sure sounds like to me, especially the location tracking part. If someone's suspected of being a criminal then they should have to get a warrant to track their location.

Except by installing an app or using a service you're agreeing to being tracked. It's up to Facebook whether or not they want to force the police to get a warrant...I'm gonna guess they don't put up much of a fight considering they sell all of your data to third parties anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Right...."Black Lodge" doesn't flag you. Believe me...it does.

Why? Because I'm a HUGE Twin Peaks fan?

So silly.

Silly? There is a connection between Hitlers SS and the "Black Lodge" if you knew anything about the Mystery Schools.
That's what I was referring to...I don't even know where twin peaks are.
edit on 26-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

If I'm a officer I will use any legal means to stop criminals

It's unconstitutional to arbitrarily search everyone, it's called the fourth amendment.

They seem to forget that sometimes. Reading a public post on social media doesn't constitute illegal search and seizure though.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

It's why at the FB IPO, it's said worth was 80 billion. People were willing building it for them and it got a big push to make it even more successful. You can bet the money greased some internal wheels in order to help them slip a bit.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
WELL they SHOULD, I am dangerous if violently provoked.
I have NO record and I speak as I do here, I don't give a damn.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think I created a Facebook account within the first year of launch just to see what is was about. I deleted it and haven't logged on since. It's been almost 12 years since then, I think.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I think I created a Facebook account within the first year of launch just to see what is was about. I deleted it and haven't logged on since. It's been almost 12 years since then, I think.

Facebook is like "hotel California" you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It's is not "unreasonable search and seizure", by posting on social media, you're essentially throwing the contents of your pockets on the ground for all to see. And then whining that folks are looking at what you threw out there.

I know a few folks that (mysteriously) got fired from their jobs after they posted (private) incriminating information about themselves.

When I see what people post, I'm shocked. When I see their response to the consequences of their postings, I'm saddened.

Animals are smarter than the imbeciles that post private matters on FB thinking they have some sort of privacy.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me one bit if they are, everything we do is being snooped on, plus i rarely use Facebook.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: Kettu

Nope. AT&Ts networks are a regulated public utility.

The FCC may have ruled that the internet is a public utility under Title II, but the infrastructure that AT&T and others pay for (fiber optic lines) ect are still paid for by them. And AT&T isn't the government or a company owned by its users. It's not a cooperative, or a government agency. It's a private company.

If they decide to install monitoring drops on their lines...that's up to them. When you sign up to use the internet through an ISP you agree to a litany of conditions and terms. Most people don't read them.

The US government, with assistance from major telecommunications carriers including AT&T, has engaged in massive, illegal dragnet surveillance of the domestic communications and communications records of millions of ordinary Americans since at least 2001.

In early 2006, EFF obtained whistleblower evidence (.pdf) from former AT&T technician Mark Klein showing that AT&T is cooperating with the illegal surveillance. The undisputed documents show that AT&T installed a fiberoptic splitter at its facility at 611 Folsom Street in San Francisco that makes copies of all emails web browsing and other Internet traffic to and from AT&T customers and provides those copies to the NSA. This copying includes both domestic and international Internet activities of AT&T customers. As one expert observed, “this isn’t a wiretap, it’s a country-tap.”

EFF Org Source

I think he meant it is Regulated as a public utility. Like phone companies and electric utilities are. Regardless they are complicit in surveillance activity.
edit on 26/11/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join