It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Are Watching Your Facebook Feed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yes they have been from some time and it's not very publicly known. Sadly it will catch on even from from big cities to more isolated areas where it is already happening, if it is not addressed accordingly.

Instead of infringing on rights they should be watching their own on Facebook.

Around the country, other chiefs can relate. So can other communities where officers – and sometimes, the police chiefs themselves – have posted Facebook messages that created controversy and sometimes led to suspensions or firings. Such episodes have played out on other social-media sites, of course. And, like the Internet itself, they extend beyond the United States. (In the United Kingdom, more than 150 officers have faced disciplinary action for bad Facebook behavior, including one constable who wrote: “Let’s not be so soft on these [worst expletive imaginable] out there.”)

Source

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: CB328

You are responsible for what you post, it's that simple.

If I'm a officer I will use any legal means to stop criminals.

'Atta boy!

And succinctly said.

"wah...you're not supposed to read my public Facebook postings....wah....cry"

lmao!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: Kettu

Nope. AT&Ts networks are a regulated public utility.

The FCC may have ruled that the internet is a public utility under Title II, but the infrastructure that AT&T and others pay for (fiber optic lines) ect are still paid for by them. And AT&T isn't the government or a company owned by its users. It's not a cooperative, or a government agency. It's a private company.

If they decide to install monitoring drops on their lines...that's up to them. When you sign up to use the internet through an ISP you agree to a litany of conditions and terms. Most people don't read them.

OK - so what's your point?

Even if the info travels on privately owned lines, at the end of it's run, the idiots post it on a *PUBLIC* forum.

No constitutional issue at all.

Game. Set. Match.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: olaru12

Right...."Black Lodge" doesn't flag you. Believe me...it does.

Why? Because I'm a HUGE Twin Peaks fan?

So silly.

"Damn good coffee!!"

I miss that show...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join