It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite the name, yoga pants are NOT pants y'all!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hahaha it gets better, here in Britain if the tight leggings are made of a jeans-like material then they are called Jeggings

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Hahaha it gets better, here in Britain if the tight leggings are made of a jeans-like material then they are called Jeggings

Oh great!

I suppose a size 6 is actually a 36 over there as well?

My daughter and I had this conversation shopping a few weeks ago and we both decided we would NEVER buy European jeans again.

Oh but, that's right, you Brits aren't European?

So damn confused!

LOL

*apologies to LadyVal! I get carried away...

edit on 24-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: *

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Ladies clothing sizes are always wrong.

You see, if I wrap a tape measure around my waist, which measures in inches, I get a given result, and I read that result, as it appears on the tape. Ladies on the other hand, for no reason that makes a damned lick of sense, wrap the same measure around their waistline, and even if they have the same displacement as I do, their waist size comes out at some obscure, and might I add, smaller number.

This makes, as I mentioned before but bears repeating, NO sense what so ever. No one has ever been able to adequately explain these things.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This makes, as I mentioned before but bears repeating, NO sense what so ever. No one has ever been able to adequately explain these things.

Agreed! And, I don't believe they ever will.

edit on 24-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: elusive quote brackets!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't know about women's clothes, mens in Britain go by leg length waist and chest size in inches, but have to show the equivalent in cm's to comply with EU rules.

Shoes are weirder, I'm 12 in UK, 13 in US, and 46 in EU.

Why do women's clothes hide sizes with a strange scale?
I buy trousers with a 34 inch waist and 36 inch inside leg length, seems much more simple, many times I won't try them on because that's the correct measurements for me.

The female size classification seems almost a conspiratorial deception? !

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't think there is a good answer. It depends on the manufacturer/designer.

I've seen size 6 (US) fit all the way up to a 29 inch waistline...so...

Someone in charge makes it difficult, intentionally, I think so women have to be brand loyal or wind up trying on several sizes at a time.

Levis are the good old standby for women or men.

Waist vs Length. Doesn't get much simpler than that, IMO.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Strange they don't just sell the garments as X inches instead of a misleading scale.
Do you think it's about embarrassment and the fact an actual measurement never lies?

If I was buying some new tight leggings I'd be looking for 34 waist and 36 leg, and if made to specification then they would fit.
Surely women know their sizes in inches?

Be funny as # if I walked through town in tight yoga pants, nobody could argue a thing what with equality n all.
I may try it after a drink one day

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Oh gosh! I think you'd be searching awhile.

Leggings, here, come in small, medium, etc...

Leggings

UGH! Women's fashion LOL

As far as the rest of your post...I think that you should sport a pair and take a stroll.
For equality and all!

edit on 24-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: because I'm DODO

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Maybe a crop top as well so nothing is hiding my man shapes in the leggings?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yessssss!

Please! In front of one of those CCTVs please!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
*apologies to LadyVal! I get carried away...

Oh hey, go on with yo bad self! This whole thread was created in fun anyways! Tangent away!

I got screwed over by European sizing one time. I ordered a pair of jeans on eBay, went by their size chart and everything, then I got them and couldn't get them over my thighs.

Sizing is so messed up in general. I could probably wear a Medium....except my boobs make me need a Large. Then in nursing bras/camis I'm an Extra Large, and I'm like "If I'M an Extra Large then what the hell do women larger than me wear???? Do they offer a Circus Tent size????" I'm 5'1" and currently 150# but eventually I will get back to my normal 130# (bikini pic earlier in the thread). I'm by no means obese, so how am I an Extra Large???

Plus, right now I'm still breastfeeding so I have to buy Extra Large tops for easy boob access. Lol! It's pretty funny to be getting dressed in the morning and choose your outfit based on how easy it is to whip out your breast!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Is this you?

Bwahahahahahaha!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Ah, the bikini pic was you!
I wasn't sure and didn't want to ask.

I agree with the sizing, though. I like wearing bigger tops, sometimes, just for comfort. I think you looked fine in the bikini pic

I heard that breastfeeding will assist with losing any extra weight from the pregnancy. I didn't breastfeed but, I think I heard it somewhere? I may be wrong.

Like I said earlier, a good ol' pair of Levis has never let me down. Not considered 'fashionable' but, comfortable as heck!

I enjoy hiking in the woods and find that tighter fitting pants/clothes allow me to maneuver better. I don't have to worry about the snags from branches, rocks etc...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well, I could take this extra weight down in no time if I had someone to babysit for me so I could run. But whatevs. It WILL happen. You are right that breastfeeding is supposed to burn extra calories. I'm doing good with my diet, but it's slow going without exercise.

I'm with you, skinny jeans have the same silhouette, but they are thick enough material that you don't feel totally exposed.

I posted the bikini pic (and the turquoise hair pic) because WeRpeons was offput by tats and dyed hair. To each his own!

Even if I was a perfect 10, I wouldn't wear leggings without covering me bum!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Hahaha no!
I'd carry off those leggings way better than that gentleman, I don't have a beer belly for a start.
...and you'd get a frontal shot if I was wearing them just so you could enjoy the image of my man curves.
Oh I love equality

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I work in a hospital, overseeing their volunteer program. We have a lot of college-age volunteers, and we have a strict dress code and a "no jeans" policy. Many of our nice young lady volunteers, who otherwise have a modicum of common sense, seem to find it perfectly acceptable to wear yoga pants with short tops, because they are "not jeans", so technically (in their minds) they are within the dress code. I have to lecture the volunteers far more often about yoga pants than jeans. I just don't think it's appropriate for them to be walking around in a professional environment with their bottoms hanging out in form-fitting pants. And every time I have to correct them on this, I feel like a little old granny and a scold. But seriously, it is just not okay in a professional environment. It's a battle I fight every day now. I've been pushed to the point that I'll allow them as long as their butts are covered up with a long tunic or shirt. I don't want half my job to be taken up with asking the volunteers to please cover their bottoms, but there you have it.

Personally, I love yoga pants, but I do wear long shirts with them if I wear them in public, which is rare. I still have an okay butt for my advanced age, but no one needs to see it!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhoswen

I understand your sentiments in a professional environment.
I'm curious though, if a male volunteer wore the same leggings would you treat them equally with the rules?

Not to be off topic but many years ago in the civil service (UK) it was a hot summer and shorts were banned for all genders but short skirts were allowed. Same with men sweating in shirt and tie but female blouses were effectively tee shirts.
I got union backing that I was going to wear a short skirt and blouse if short trousers and short sleeve shirts were not allowed.
It was blatant gender discrimination they knew they couldn't win, they backed down and shorts were allowed.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Absolutely, males are subjected to the same rules. I treat everyone fairly and apply the same rules to everyone, male or female. However, I have far more female than male volunteers (about 90% female), and in general, I just don't have the same dress code issues with males. I sometimes need to tell the males that their pants are wrinkly or that they need to put their shirts through the wash, but that's about it. But yeah, if a guy came in wearing yoga pants and a short shirt...same lecture, same rules applied, 100%.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhoswen

Haha brilliant

I'm all for the equality thing and in the same vein of those who rightly defend women being criticised for their woman curves when wearing tight clothing then the same absolutely must be applied to any man wishing to show his man curves in leggings or whatever.

Camel toe or banana and a couple of tangerines, if it's covered by material then I'm easy...just so long as equality applies lol

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Lol. This thread is great.

Definitely no problem with yoga pants. Funny that it makes people so uncomfortable. Some people wouldn't survive in many of the towns I've lived in. In places where there's lots of fit people like Colorado, yeah almost every girl wears yoga pants. They look great and there's nothing wrong with it.

Maybe teach your kids to become comfortable with seeing the form of the human body instead of shielding them from it thus creating a weird curiousity they should never have in the first place. It's only sexual in your mind because many of you are uncomfortable with your own bodies, closet pervs, and leer at women who wear form fitting clothes. Creepy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join