It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite the name, yoga pants are NOT pants y'all!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Thank you and lol!

I've been wrapping a flannel around my waist when rolling out in leggings (pj's). No one wants to see panty lines

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you!

They are so comfortable. When I get home from work the professional clothes come off and comfy leggings go on, first thing. There is a little tune I sing while doing it too, just the word freedom over and over, lol. My husband loves it and will ask me to sing it even when I'm already in comfy clothes, lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I'll have to get one of those borat mankinis and wear it about.

It's super comfortable and keeps you cool on those hot days.

Would you care to post a photo?

Your face (identity) need not be in it!

Lol if i had one I certainly would.

I'm sure it would make for some interesting, ahem, discussion.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Women are given a green light in society to be sexually provocative; it's a sign of pride.

A man goes into a store wearing yoga pants and security is just poised over 911 button; it's a sign of perversion.

It's stupid both ways yeah.

I don't think women wear yoga pants to be sexually provocative, at least not most. They are comfortable apparently and it's an accepted look nowadays.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchulzyDE
What are they?

They are basically leggings:

Some of them are thicker material and have more of a pant leg bottom:

Those I don't mind too much because at least they resemble pants.
But then you get stuff like this:

This:

This:

And some of them are so thin they're see through:

Even if the chick is fit, I wish they would wear a top long enough to cover the hiney. I'm not offended or anything, it's just a pet peeve of mine. Like I said earlier in the thread, my mother hammered it into my head that if you wear leggings you should wear something over them that's long enough to reach past your gluteal sulcus.

Just my personal opinion, to each his own. *shrug*

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The first 5 pairs (photos 1 & 2) are really cute, IMO.
The next group of photos are just extreme, also my opinion.

I think perhaps the one of the issues, seems to me, is that the folks in photos 3, 4, and 5 are not buying the proper size clothing or wearing appropriate undergarments or even wearing the item correctly. Who on earth pulls their pants up so high? Besides Steve Urkel?

The last photo portrays someone who's rear would look like that even in a pair of blue jeans that fit correctly.

I agree that it is one's own choice and it doesn't matter, I suppose, in the scheme of all things. However, if my daughters are going to wear them, I would prefer them to look attractive and be somewhat conservative.

edit on 23-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Despite the name, yoga pants are NOT pants y'all

Well to be fair, they sort of are. In fact, if any modern garment should be called "pants", it is Yoga Pants as they are the most accurate to the original tight-fitting pantaloons/pants worn hundreds of years ago.

Google search. "Hyacinthe Rigaud louis xiv" and you will see Louis XIV wearing Pantaloons. Pantaloons were also worn by women as undergarments and the term was shortened to "Pants" in the 1840s.

This is why most Brits refer to underwear as "Pants" (regional), and were the confusion in the English language comes from when referring to pants as underwear or something you wear over your underwear. Because the original pants can be worn as an undergarment or over-garment.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

No problem here because I don't wear pants outside my home,
I only wear dresses or skirts out in public.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ha! I recently (6 weeks or so ago) had something of a meltdown, akin to a week long psychotic episode (long story). During this time I took it upon myself to shave my head as short as I could get it with some Remginton battery powered beard trimmers (I have had a flat top haircut for the last 13 years, & have alternated that sporadically with very long hair for the last 32 years).
The problem with that was, because of the amount of grey hair I have, I looked like I had alopecia. It was also very, very cold.

It all seemed like a really good idea at the time

edit on 23-11-2016 by EnochRoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EnochRoot

5 years ago I experienced a severe manic/PTSD episode (also a long story). I too decided that my hair needed to go. I actually went to a hairdresser and told them I wanted to look like Joan of Arc. Of course, right? I'm sure they get that all the time. SMDH. He cut it into a cute bob but I kept demanding "Shorter! Shorter!" So yeah....

I also bought a plane ticket to Europe (Rome, Berlin and Amsterdam). It was an awesome trip!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EnochRoot

Oh goodness!

Grow it! Grow it again as fast as you possibly can! That short in the winter?

I love the cold, but I would never even think of going about with a shorn head in it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
So, what's your verdict ATS? Post your opinion on this! Are you like "Yoga pants for everyone!"

or "Cover your ass!"???

Considering that I'm definitely looking when I see a woman wearing those - I'm pretty sure I'd never let my daughter (if I have one someday) wear those out of the house. I think if I let my daughter wear in public, clothes that are so skin tight that you could tell what religion she isn't, then I'd fail as a parent.

So, at least none for anyone under 18.
edit on 24-11-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Been a lurker for 6 years and your post made me speak out.
If you have a problem with yoga pants then you are envious, transgender inside or have sexual performance issues. Nothing less...
I'm a very proud, very masculine man (special forces) however my wife and my love is transgender. Bourn a boy but a woman through and through. I'm not afraid to say it and if yoga pants give you a problem then hello! There is more to be thought about with you my fellow human!!!
I'm not hear to put you down, I say come out or let the religious thing calm down and enjoy what we get to see in our lives. If you love women and long for your passion of the way they look then just take a peek and it's ok. You can love your wife & be there for her every day but still be human.
Otherwise, just let it go and put a pair of yoga pants on and feel that hot emotion inside as you finally feel normal enough to feel happy and shop for that blouse you desire.
My situation was not easy, but I found love in a human that taught me more then combat and I feel things I did not get to while killing children and women for the United States Government. Sounds crazy but I met a human that was beautiful in her yoga pants and when she told me she was Bourne diffrent I did not care.
If you do think those feelings of desire as a straight man then chill the fu*k out and realize you are a man that has desire and you can live just fine without action apon it. Or just put them yoga pants on and shut the hell up!
Either way you have showed me this site is a waste of my family time. So after 6 years i choose life and family over this WASTE of liner time I spend here.
In a way thank you for leading me to love and letting this shackle of bullsh*t the f*** go.
-WRC

edit on 24-11-2016 by GoManGohemi because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2016 by GoManGohemi because: Spelling

edit on 24-11-2016 by GoManGohemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I LOVE yoga pants. Definitely invented by a man, but made for a women.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GoManGohemi

1. I'm a female

2. I've stated several time on this thread, this is a pet peeve at best, I promise I'm not really that riled up about it. Just thought it would make a fun, light hearted rant thread.

3. I'm not satisfied with my body. I just had a baby in July and still need to lose 20 lbs. Also, I'm left with an umbilical hernia from 3 pregnancies which is going to need surgery to fix. But I promise I'm not being catty or jealous. Most of the women I saw had great figures. I was happy for them. Especially the ones that were clearly mothers (had their kids with them) it's really hard to get your figure back after going through a pregnancy.

4. I just personally feel that if you're wearing something that tight and that thin on your bottoms you should wear a top to cover your hiney. I wear skinny jeans all the time, which is the same silhouette, but a thicker material.

5. All of this is just my opinion and people can do whatever the crap they want. I REALLY am not upset about it.

6. I'm glad you've found someone so wonderful in your life!

PS I'm not religious at all.
edit on 24-11-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: add PS

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GoManGohemi

Take it easy. We are talking about a pair of pants here.LoL!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Take it easy. We are talking about a pair of pants here.LoL!

No we're not!

They're NOT pants!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Lol, I thought the same!
...makes me wonder who really has the issues in this thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No they are not, they are leggings!
Pants are worn under trousers

...well in Britain anyway.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

No they are not, they are leggings!
Pants are worn under trousers

...well in Britain anyway.

I apologize for yelling.

All of these different definitions of garments that cover the leg must be triggering me...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join