It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aide Kellyanne Conway: No plan to pursue charges against Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I want to hear it from Trump himself, not his "former" campaign manager.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Awesome. Now we start with the ad hominems. Why are you mad at me? Your savior is the one who is walking back his promises.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

If anything, it shows that he, like most people, just want to move past all the negativity of the election and try to work across the aisle. Has he chosen to continue investigating, it would likely have made for a gridlocked administration.

I think you'll see numerous shrewd and calculated business-type decisions coming from him.

Awesome. I was excited to see how you guys would bend over to forgive Trump for breaking one of his bigger campaign promises and you are off to a great start.

So you'd rather have him continue to go after Hillary and burn the country down in the process? How about the broken promises from Obama? Shovel ready jobs, if you like your plan you can keep it, etc.

I'd consider a bigger campaign promise being one that actually benefits the country, not continues to divide it. If you call that bending over, then yes, count me in...

You guys are amazing. Trump walks back his promises and I'M the villain for calling him out on it. This thread is seriously not disappointing. Y'all's mental gymnastics never cease to amaze me.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! I thought this decision would make me really angry. But I can't stop giggling. All that bluster and concern for her victims. Four years from now, when the rural and coal jobs don't appear, there will a gnashing of the teeth.

Nah. They'll just forgive him and blame the left for bringing it up. Just like this thread.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
Of course not. The charges will come from the work of the FBI which is well underway and they will put the results to the new justice department and they will make a just decision whether to indict her and Bill.

Indeed, if Trump DID still have hopes about prosecuting Hillary, it would not be prudent to say so, because that would just invite a pre-emptive pardon.
So here's a conspiracy theory possibility; he is lying about his intentions now, in order to be able to pursue them more effectively when in office.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
He didn't walk back on anything. He's not even in office. First, he does not investigate anyone. That is the FBI. The FBI will likely push the investigation forward to the DOJ once Lynch is gone. That will take months before she is gone.

Second, there are dozens of FOIA lawsuits which are actually more hurtful to her since they are seeking monetary retribution. 10's of millions of dollars in fees and fines. All of those lawsuits are moving forward and won't be impeded by the DOJ and SD anymore. These are CIVIL cases. Trump has no skin in that game.

You watch, she is going to settle those cases just like Trump University in the end. No way she can afford to keep paying lawyers to protect her and her staff at the SD and foundation for several more years. She is only worth 110 million from estimates. No telling what it has costs her so far. Likely getting in the 10's of millions. It should be a big story, what is this doing to her finances? Media is completely ignoring it. Just like they ignored that Trump was much stronger than what they were projecting.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The nth campaign promise rolled bask. haha. Many knew this was how it would be.

link   
I think he's not pursuing her because he wants the riots and protesters to quieten down, he doesn't want to add fuel to the fire, I believe it's a smart move.

If he doesn't pursue her over her emails but the FBI pursues her over the pay-to-play allegations so on so forth Trump will still get his wish without enraging half the country even more.

link   
That's because she didn't do anything criminal. After wasting $100,000 of the taxpayers money "investigating" her the republicans will just say, on nevermind. Once again the public has been duped.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If anything, it shows that he, like most people, just want to move past all the negativity of the election and try to work across the aisle. Has he chosen to continue investigating, it would likely have made for a gridlocked administration.

I think you'll see numerous shrewd and calculated business-type decisions coming from him.

Awesome. I was excited to see how you guys would bend over to forgive Trump for breaking one of his bigger campaign promises and you are off to a great start.

So you'd rather have him continue to go after Hillary and burn the country down in the process? How about the broken promises from Obama? Shovel ready jobs, if you like your plan you can keep it, etc.

I'd consider a bigger campaign promise being one that actually benefits the country, not continues to divide it. If you call that bending over, then yes, count me in...

You guys are amazing. Trump walks back his promises and I'M the villain for calling him out on it. This thread is seriously not disappointing. Y'all's mental gymnastics never cease to amaze me.

I certainly didn't call you a villain. My main point is that I believe he chose the lesser of 2 evils. Had he continued pressing for further investigation, the threads from the left would be calling him out on that. Also, as someone else already pointed out, he's pretty much a bystander to the process anyway, with the FBI and DOJ handling that.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

Saw this coming a mile away. I'm excited to see the Trump apologies for this walk back.

Everyone in the country saw this coming. She escapes no matter what. Either Obama gives her a pardon and raises the hackles of the far right or Trump magnanimously lets her go and prevents such along with squelching Obama's power and showing the world that he is no longer needed. Further, putting ex-presidents and first ladies in jail is not a good strategy and would further divide the country. A unified country is more important than vengeance on Hillary and her Flying Monkeys, so she will get to ride off into the sunset proclaiming her innocence at violating practically every security rule in the course she said she completed [and lied about, of course.] She and Willie will enjoy the fruits of the Clinton Foundation after they pay the fines and reimburse the foundation for fraudulent expenditures. She may try to reinsert herself into the political process but I suspect that her health issues may curtail those efforts. She gave her all for the Presidential race and seems too tired to mount another campaign.
I hope that Obama pardons other corrupt officials so that the world knows who is guilty. Loretta Lynch certainly could use one for her collusion along with a few other appointees, although a jailed AG would be interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I certainly didn't call you a villain. My main point is that I believe he chose the lesser of 2 evils. Had he continued pressing for further investigation, the threads from the left would be calling him out on that. Also, as someone else already pointed out, he's pretty much a bystander to the process anyway, with the FBI and DOJ handling that.

Sure. If you say so. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy though, and after listening to that idiotic rhetoric Trump and your camp spewed for months leading up to November I'm going to call you guys on it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Obama has no intention of pardoning Clinton. Nor did he ever have an intention of doing so. He never even HINTED at doing it. So talking about it is just dishonest. Though your post is by far the funniest in the thread. It's like you are walking a fine line between the "LOCK HER UP!" chant and trying to forgive her in the name of country unity. Lol.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Obama has no intention of pardoning Clinton. Nor did he ever have an intention of doing so. He never even HINTED at doing it. So talking about it is just dishonest. Though your post is by far the funniest in the thread. It's like you are walking a fine line between the "LOCK HER UP!" chant and trying to forgive her in the name of country unity. Lol.

She is definitely guilty of security violations through indifference and personal convenience. Just for having her Filipino maid print out TS material for her would do the trick, along with lying to Congress about her private server. Obama's intentions are not known by either of us. Perhaps he and Trump made a deal to save Hillary and the country the trauma of a trial.
As the OP stated, there are more important things to do. Good-bye Hillary.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Got to love the Libs. If he prosecuted her it's a witch hunt and wasting govt money and everyone's time. If he doesn't its OMG he's breaking all his promises.

This is why we don't care one bit how you feel about it. No matter the outcome you'll always be whiny little crybabies.

He is breaking his promises - I don't care to know your feelings towards my feelings, I want to know what Trump Supporters think of him walking that back?

Since he spent so much time talking about the fact that he would pursue charges.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

She is definitely guilty of security violations through indifference and personal convenience. Just for having her Filipino maid print out TS material for her would do the trick, along with lying to Congress about her private server. Obama's intentions are not known by either of us. Perhaps he and Trump made a deal to save Hillary and the country the trauma of a trial.
As the OP stated, there are more important things to do. Good-bye Hillary.

Sure. Sure. Just stealing myself for the four years of apologies from the Trump crew as they defend all the broken promises he will leave in his wake.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You all laughed when I voted Vermin Supreme. Who's laughing now?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He needs to follow through on this one

#LOCKHERUP

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Clinton was shown to be a national embarrassment, and a liability to the democrat party.

Nothing good will come from further investigations, not for anyone. The Clintons are elderly. Investigations of their foundation haven't been ruled out.

Ultimately, it really isn't Trump's call. But I think it is a good one if he in fact did it. It's time to move on, let future history judge Clinton as it will.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So this is a big surprise...not.

Yah, otherwise they'd have to arrest themselves, everyone. And what a can of worms that investigation would open. I bet Hillary hid way more than just some Emails. Herbert Hoover blackmailed everyone wth all the dirt he collected.

All that talk about jailing Hillary, just election fodder it seems.

In a perfect world. But shes out now. Good riddance. Having a show trial would just put her in the limelight again. Hitlers prominence got a boost from his court appearances during the "Beer Hall Putsch" trial.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join