It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aide Kellyanne Conway: No plan to pursue charges against Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's administration will break a campaign promise and not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday.

"I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content" to fellow Republicans, Conway said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

So this is a big surprise...not.

All that talk about jailing Hillary, just election fodder it seems.

I know Trump would not waste any time in investigating Hillary once she lost, he'd just happy she did.

And in all honesty, he probably has better things to do.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Saw this coming a mile away. I'm excited to see the Trump apologies for this walk back.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If anything, it shows that he, like most people, just want to move past all the negativity of the election and try to work across the aisle. Has he chosen to continue investigating, it would likely have made for a gridlocked administration.

I think you'll see numerous shrewd and calculated business-type decisions coming from him.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

If anything, it shows that he, like most people, just want to move past all the negativity of the election and try to work across the aisle. Has he chosen to continue investigating, it would likely have made for a gridlocked administration.

I think you'll see numerous shrewd and calculated business-type decisions coming from him.

Yes. Including the one where he played the American public like fools in order to get elected.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Awesome. I was excited to see how you guys would bend over to forgive Trump for breaking one of his bigger campaign promises and you are off to a great start.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It is one campaign issue I don't care if he backs out on.

While he can/will/should be accused of flip-flopping because of this and additional promises, I will say that as a more moderate conservative I'm actually glad that he won't be doing at least some of the things he campaigned on.

I would think that those on the left would be somewhat relieved as well. Although like I said he is definitely still fair game because of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Let this be the start of Trumps Broken Promises train. Prepare for many more stops along the way!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If the Democrats want to criticise this decision, they will have to borrow their argument from Oscar Wilde;

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy.

(Cecily to Algernon- "The Importance of being Earnest")

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'm not a democrat. I'm just laughing at Trump supporter hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966
It is one campaign issue I don't care if he backs out on.

While he can/will/should be accused of flip-flopping because of this and additional promises, I will say that as a more moderate conservative I'm actually glad that he won't be doing at least some of the things he campaigned on.

I would think that those on the left would be somewhat relieved as well. Although like I said he is definitely still fair game because of it.

You want my opinion on this? I think he SHOULD prosecute her now. After all that bluster. Go for it. I want to see the Republicans shamed for pushing a witch hunt when she is cleared of charges. And hey, I was wrong about the election, if there is TRULY something there and she is guilty then she goes to jail. Win win.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, the only thing that is going to take down the Clintons is natural causes. I don't think one single human on this planet has the ability to touch them.

It's so crazy that certain people in this world can get away with whatever they want, while Joe Public is always under intense scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not a big surprise at all. There are no charges to pursue because she didn't break the law!

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's administration will break a campaign promise and not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday.

"I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content" to fellow Republicans, Conway said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

So this is a big surprise...not.

All that talk about jailing Hillary, just election fodder it seems.

I know Trump would not waste any time in investigating Hillary once she lost, he'd just happy she did.

And in all honesty, he probably has better things to do.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Of course not. The charges will come from the work of the FBI which is well underway and they will put the results to the new justice department and they will make a just decision whether to indict her and Bill.

If that doesn't happen, we can easily assume that the system is still rigged and will remain so no matter who gets elected to "drain the swamp."

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Very disappointing If true, Though i would like to hear it from Trump himself. But if it IS true, This decision alone will make Trump a one term president.

(post by Christosterone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The swamp can't drain if you don't pull out the biggest pig.

Failing to continue the investigation of the Clintons May turn out to be his biggest mistake. This kind of power doesn't die, it continues down through the generations.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Awesome. I was excited to see how you guys would bend over to forgive Trump for breaking one of his bigger campaign promises and you are off to a great start.

So you'd rather have him continue to go after Hillary and burn the country down in the process? How about the broken promises from Obama? Shovel ready jobs, if you like your plan you can keep it, etc.

I'd consider a bigger campaign promise being one that actually benefits the country, not continues to divide it. If you call that bending over, then yes, count me in...

+2 more 
link   
Got to love the Libs. If he prosecuted her it's a witch hunt and wasting govt money and everyone's time. If he doesn't its OMG he's breaking all his promises.

This is why we don't care one bit how you feel about it. No matter the outcome you'll always be whiny little crybabies.

link   

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! I thought this decision would make me really angry. But I can't stop giggling. All that bluster and concern for her victims. Four years from now, when the rural and coal jobs don't appear, there will a gnashing of the teeth.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Meteor 2016!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join