It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to Saddam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If he is found guilty, what will we do with him? Will we let the Iraqis hold him? Perhaps the U.N. in an attempt to garner support? The latter I doubt.

I find it hard the U.S. will actually inprison him, that would strike a lot of anger with in the "extremiste" culture and would have ill effects on our country.

What will we do? We have a man that Iraq can't contain, the U.N. can't have and the U.S. can't afford to abuse.

I really think this is a puppet show, and that he will end up in France (they offered him an estate shorlty before the invasion so I hear).

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The same thing that happened to Manuel Noriega, he'll just rot in a cell until he dies. Personally, I would hang him from a rope in downtown Baghdad, blindfold the people and let them take swings at him like a pinata.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well, as I see it, the best option would be to try him after the "elections", get the courts set up through the directions of the "new" government, and let them take care of this mess.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
"If he is found guilty, what will we do with him?"

"We"? He is being tried by the Iraqis. His fate is in their hands. I see a rope in his future, not quite long enough to reach the ground without stretching his neck several feet in length.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Saddam, Marcos, Noriega(sp), Pinochet, and Rob Snyder are going to be on the Surreal Life this spring. I hear Kadafi is going to make a special appearance.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Saddam, Marcos, Noriega(sp), Pinochet, and Rob Snyder are going to be on the Surreal Life this spring. I hear Kadafi is going to make a special appearance.

There has to be at least one chick though.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by skippytjc

There has to be at least one chick though.

There is, Rob Snyder!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
imo, he'll conveniently pass away due to "kidney failure" before he can testify how the CIA and the bush's orchestrated the gulfwar and Iraq occupation.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
He is not a prisoner of the US, even though we hold him in prison.

Sometime in the next year after the Iraqi elections, Saddam will go on trial for Crimes against against the Iraq people.

He will be tried by the Iraqi court, and he will be put to death by the Iraq people.

I think this will be a fast trial and execution, all done in 2005 or early 06.

On a personal note,

After Saddam's trial and he is found guilty, I think he should be ground up slowly into small chunks and fed to the dogs of the Kurds.

This way there is no grave or memorial to this madman!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm wondering how will Saddam be found guilty of anything? Lets take the assumption that everything he is accused of he is 100% guilty. From everything I have read, almost everything that happened during his tenure as dictator of Iraq was handed down to subordinates with little or nothing in the way of any type of paper trails leading back to Saddam himself. As for witness testimony, given the violence in Iraq, what Iraqi in their right mind would dare speak out against Saddam? Perhaps those that are so naive as to think that they and their families won't be targeted as a result. I don't think Iraqis are that dumb though.

What is going to happen is that Saddam won't make it to trial, or at least conviction alive. The U.S. will kill him in prison or at least pretend to and that will be the end of the public's awareness of Saddam Hussein.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
For all the atrocities he has commanded and committed, he deserves no less than to be sentenced to death.

Look back a few years ago when he gave the order to gas thousands of Kurds. he deserves everything he gets for doing that.

I for one will be taking great interest in the outcome of his trial, no matter how farcical it will no doubt become.

Sorry if i have come across too strong about this issue and have offended anyone.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
For all the atrocities he has commanded and committed, he deserves no less than to be sentenced to death.

Look back a few years ago when he gave the order to gas thousands of Kurds. he deserves everything he gets for doing that.

I for one will be taking great interest in the outcome of his trial, no matter how farcical it will no doubt become.

Sorry if i have come across too strong about this issue and have offended anyone.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

Biker,
None taken by me. I hope things are going well with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He will be tried and executed for his war crimes against humanity.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They could reprogram him and extensively microchip him, then send him back for trial in Iraq...

Even if he bust's out he will lead us straight to the resistance stronghold...

Then Kaboom!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Executed?

I dont see how this is a viable option.

Won't it enraged thousands of his supporters? How does this effect the stability if Iraqi. Won't keeping him alive be the best bet?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
imo, he'll conveniently pass away due to "kidney failure" before he can testify how the CIA and the bush's orchestrated the gulfwar and Iraq occupation.

Spot on!

But he wont ‘die’ before Daddy Bush gets to slap him about the face with a glove for being a bad business partner.

“You absolute cad Saddam, take that” *thwack*

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine

Originally posted by radagast

Spot on!

But he wont ‘die’ before Daddy Bush gets to slap him about the face with a glove for being a bad business partner.

“You absolute cad Saddam, take that” *thwack*

Daddy Bush will have to wait in line behind Chirac, Schroeder, and Kofi Annan since they were in bed with Saddam until March 3, 2003.

Won't keeping him alive be the best bet?

There are far more Iraqis willing to pull the trigger on Saddam than there are supporters, so no, keeping him alive is not the best idea.

And whether or not he has millions of supporters, he must pay for his crimes.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Saddam is already dead. End of discussion.

That man was swinging in the wind by the time a lot of you responded to this thread.

Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
For whatever reason this thread was bumped, and as we already have a multitude of Saddam threads, the below linked topic will remain open.
Please post your comments on the execution here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join