It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Permits Free Energy Technology Despite Threats From UK, US, Saudi Arabia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

How about the Sun?

Fusion. You're extracting binding energy from the nuclei.

The planets and moon are all running around producing energy, creating magnetic fields, and moving along. That is energy, and more than one type.

Moving in an orbit and rotating do not require further energy expenditure. Nor does sustaining a magnetic field, although the way planets do it probably extracts energy from the rotation of the planet. So no, planets and moon are not running around producing energy.

The earth is producing heat inside the core from radioactive decay. That is energy. So, yes it does produce energy.

Fission also gets its energy from nuclear binding energy. Like fusion, but through a different mechanism.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Or, you know, instead of expecting others to go on wild goose chases "investigating" nonsense claims, you could post some verifiable objective evidence for your claims.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: 3danimator2014

i get it

if you don't believe it
you won't investigate

gee
wonder how far human progress would go
if we all thought like that...

What? What does following idiotic made up stiries of murdered engineers have to do with humanities progress ?

I understand the SCIENCE. That's enough in this case.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

if you simply dismiss something cause
you don't believe its true

The fact is that I don't believe in free energy,

then your keeping your mind closed
and are trapped by the illusion of knowledge

if everyone thought like this
human progress as a whole would suffer

3d i apologise for being rude

edit on 29-11-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

i don't expect anything
if you want to jump on my post
be sure you understand where i'm coming from

my 1st post

maybe you can start your own investigations before dismissing so readily

shock and horror for suggesting keeping an open mind
and not letting your own belief cloud an investigation

- 3d

if your going to dismiss something
just because you don't believe it
that's pretty closed minded

Claim ?

Stanley Meyer died suddenly on March 20, 1998, after dining at a restaurant. His brother claimed that during a meeting with two Belgian investors in a restaurant, Meyer suddenly ran outside, saying "They poisoned me

i merely pointed out dismissing such information without your own proper investigation
is careless

nonsense claims

is your opinion

or have you thoroughly investigated the claims for yourself
before dismissing them...?

before you jump at this post
i never said i believe either way
just dismissing information cause you don't like it
i.e think it's nonsense
isn't a fruitful approach in uncovering truth

edit on 29-11-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

You know it was back around 2004 or so when the Human Genome Project hypothesized (or so the mainstream media said at the time, in several places) that what some called "junk DNA" in our genome was extraterrestrial in nature. Obviously, at this point in time that hypothesis cannot yet be proved.

But if true, we might all have a bit of the alien in us, eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Bedlam

So then, semantics is at the heart of your objection. "Free energy" might be the wrong description, but the idea that there are energy sources unknown to man, untapped by man, is not difficult for me to accept.

They actually have to be sources, though. Magnets, springs, buoyancy, gravity and a number of others are NOT.

A sure giveaway that the article is bogus is if they invoke Tesla. It's a sort of free energy Godwin's Law.

Yes, Tesla is so damn irrelevant and far out that those federal agents who got to his NY apartment quickly after his death were completely wasting their time and our tax dollars, right? LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And found his "death ray"...a resistor decade box.

Of course, he'd been communing with glowing pigeons. Maybe one of them gave him secrets.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

But every free energy huckster invokes Tesla. It's traditional.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

And found his "death ray"...a resistor decade box.

Of course, he'd been communing with glowing pigeons. Maybe one of them gave him secrets.

Tesla himself was a free-energy or something or other huckster. In science and engineering he was mostly irrelevant by the 1920's.
edit on 29-11-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
Tesla himself was a free-energy or something or other huckster. In science and engineering he was mostly irrelevant by the 1920's.

It would be interesting to see a biography from a non-KoolAid drinker that correlated his deteriorating mental state with his designs and wild hairs.

It always seemed to me that all his big successes were early, and as time went by, you got more showmanship, wild ass claims and the occasional real bit of engineering, then towards the end it was obvious his ability to visualize was gone and pretty much everything he said was bogus.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

if you simply dismiss something cause
you don't believe its true

then your keeping your mind closed
and are trapped by the illusion of knowledge

if everyone thought like this
human progress as a whole would suffer

3d i apologise for being rude

No, it's just that no one has shown that the laws of thermodynamics as we know and apply them are flexible enough to permit free energy. Every claim, every blog, every device to date has been a hoax. My mind is open enough to free energy when proper scientists discuss it and show the maths behind it.

Maths . Maths. Maths. Physics runs on maths. Without maths to back up ones idea, theory, device etc... One has nothing. Scientists use maths. Hoaxers use YouTube.

Let me say it one more time.

Let's see the maths. If you are going to claim you have broken one of the pillars of our knowledge and understanding of physics...then you really ought to be able to back it up.

Otherwise, you might as well be the drunk weird guy down the pub bragging and talking sh*t

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

But every free energy huckster invokes Tesla. It's traditional.

And the words "open source", even though they still ask for money

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Actually zero point energy and some quantum mechanics do exploit the law of thermodynamics. In fact the laws are not understood in reLatin to the quantum world.

There have been a growing number of papers showing that in some instances the classical laws of thermodynamics, such as limits on the Carnot efficiency, can be violated by exploiting negative entropy of quantum fluctuations.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

My mind is open enough to free energy when proper scientists discuss it and show the maths behind it.

i apologise again
i totally misread you

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

My mind is open enough to free energy when proper scientists discuss it and show the maths behind it.

i apologise again
i totally misread you

Not a problem. I do the same think a lot!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

i apologise again
i totally misread you

Not a problem. I do the same think a lot!

I hope you do some research then. Just because many scammed have spouted pseudoscience doesn't mean they weren't trying to ride real research coat tails. Many places are researching single heat baths, and many aplications for zero point energy including cosmic shielding in space.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Its always the same few closed minded idiots that come here to debunk and talk trash about free energy. These ATS trolls think they are omniscient. They are not even wise enough to know that they know nothing.
edit on 6-12-2016 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

Being opened minded doesn't mean believing every fanciful claim that comes along.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The problem arises because of how most people have a minimal 'popular science' level of knowledge on a subject rather than any true in depth information. Couple this with an attention seeking ego and suddenly this titbit of information is elevated to the heights of Einstein in the eyes of themselves and similarly minded people.

Free Energy is a perfect place for this to manifest.

Being open minded and thinking outside the box is fine, but one must understand where the actual boundaries of the box are and what is inside it for that to be relevant in the slightest.

Zero-point-energy is an hilarious example which people invoke and yet do not appear to really understand the issue of using it to extract energy. One doesn't simply tell atoms to "right, give me your energy and go to the zero-point energy state" and suddenly PLOP! energy comes out. The supporting apparatus thus far has not been developed which gets anywhere near that process, nor in the current state being anywhere even 1% useful.

Entropy is a cruel mistress.

For all the credibility most of the free energy claims are, I might suggest that since the process of liquifying nitrogen requires energy to be extracted, that this energy can be usefully used as free energy. All you do is tell nitrogen to liquify and boop, i can power my house! And what is great about it is that all i have to do is dump the liquid out on my lawn and it vaporizes again! no greenhouse emissions at all!
This is of-course absolute garbage.

Also the amazing part is that most of these free energy devices are constructed and look very similar to actual manufactured home and industrial devices. The best form are those which are basically transformers and demonstrated by people who don't know how to use ammeters and voltmeters.

Be open minded, but don't let your brain fall out.... who said that? feel like its an old quote.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join