It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl suspended for using child-sized butter knife to cut peach at school

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Wait until lab analysis confirms the peach was organic so they can slam her with bringing in a known biohazard for distribution.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

um, this has zero to do with the immigration issue. This is about a little girl getting suspended for cutting a peach with a butter knife and getting suspended for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They probably tazed her to get it away.

Nothing is more dangerous than a 6 year old girl and a butter knife and a peach.

Next time she should build a clock and wire it into a briefcase.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That's a brilliant thread!! Is there anyway we could flag anyone who agrees with this? I doubt it Even better, anyway to move this nationwide to identify any one person who agrees with this?!? Until we can make common sense match up with law we are all fkt. I remember taking a plastic knife to school to cut my tomatoe for my sandwich cause otherwise the breads all soggy! Don't remember a teacher thinking it was a lethal weapon! The state were in! ... I wonder wil it get better? Will we go full circle? Will our kids laugh at us "you couldn't take a plastic knife to school to cut Ur sandwich ?!!? Lol" .. I hope so. a reply to: imd12c4funn

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is a result of the out of control bureaucracy where these idiot bureaucrats are afraid to make a decision out of fear of it coming back to hurt them politically.

It is like this all over our country, particularly with how government regulates businesses and industries. Most of the public just doesn't see this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
MSM has made America nuts. It is a butter knife. Next they will ban nail files if they haven't already. There are lots of things that can be used at weapons, maybe they should be dropping Art because they use spatulas in art. What about cooking in school, don't they teach kids that anymore? They will teach them how to microwave TV dinners. Oh wait, you have to cut out a film on those over the potatoes. What about kids working with paper, they need scissors and they are weapons.

What about hot lunch, they usually have butter knives there and forks too, forks are dangerous weapons.

We need to step back and think over the direction our country is going in. People are profiling people because they know how to cut a pear or peach with a butter knife. Almost all the boys had pocket knives when I was a kid and nobody took one out if they got into a fight. No kids around our town ever thought about killing a lot of other students with a gun or knife. I guess the people who decided to tell us how to raise our kids failed miserably. We need to straighten those people out.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Press charges? They'd be insane to do it. Because then they'd have to prove the butter knife is a weapon, being miniature, and justify it in the presence of housekeys, which are surely allowed to be carried by children.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Gawd! If only she would have used a sharp rock! Send that girl to survival camp and teach her to use more organic tools. At least then she could have claimed it was a science project of some sort.

But whatever, knives of all sorts are prohibited. It was dumb to bring it to school regardless of how harmless it was. Bickering over interpretation is trite. The law is the law.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ha!
Very good! Tinysicktears unwrap that bubble wrap! Grow up, use some common sense, and if u need every aspect of your life legislated then you don't deserve the freedom to make your own decisions in life.(great restraint held cause I don't want to get banned.. But... Really!)
a reply to: Alien Abduct

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Safety pins are allowed by student protesters and they can actually break skin unlike a buttter knife.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My sister got suspended for something similar. She used the knife on one of those tiny 2" leathermans to start the peel on her orange. She got suspended the week before her high school graduation and almost ended up not being able to walk on graduation because of it. This was fifteen years ago before all this ridiculousness, but still was a bunch of BS.

Meanwhile, I witnessed a high school fight where one guy grabbed a handful of sharpened pencils out of a locker and stabbed the other guy twice.

Stupid rules don't stop violence. I can hurt somebody way worse with a hardcover book than I could with a plastic knife. Should we ban those?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Safety pins are allowed by student protesters and they can actually break skin unlike a buttter knife.

Safety pins or diaper pin.

Lol

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

They are not undocumented, they are illegal. They should not be here, they are breaking the law. Who cares if they have a record. If they want to become a United States citizen, they can do so legally. In fact, the government needs to begin proper punishment for the violation of national security, deportation isn't enough. Perhaps deportation using a catapult would be suffice, and inexpensive.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Pity for your sister. Uk is going the same way , here in Ireland we use a bit of common sense, chats with the parents, even guards tell ppl to cop on rather than take an issue further.. What happened to personal responsibility? a reply to: scojak

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

pencils have a place in the classroom. 
butter knives from home not so much.

Your response is out of context.

More like, does a child proof utensil, a butter knife, belong in the cafeteria?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is about as good of an example of why home schooling should be the norm as a person could find. Well, maybe the Pop-Tart is a pretty good example also. I've never been shot with a Pop-Tart though, so I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
First time for everything you home schooled wierdo!!!
Lol- kiddin. But U can't hide from life. Id hate to keep my kids hidden indoors for fear of some a hole venting outside. Swift slap in the chops and a good talking to bout sort Ur life out and watch urself usually corrects the course. a reply to: Blaine91555

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Excitedly awaiting the details of the police investigation. Does anyone know how long it could be to determine if this knife was a fisher price or a smith and Wesson?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

Not home schooled but I am old enough to have gone to schools before the madness started.

We all pretty much carried pocket knives and if seen using one to peel an apple, a teacher might ask to borrow it to peel theirs. Never a stabbing, never anything more than a couple of meaningless fist fights in an entire year. Only REAL bad behavior was punished and those in charge actually had critical thinking skills and no interest in PC madness. If a kid was dangerous they were gone and schooled at another location, away from those who were not. Common sense still existed in education then.

Odd how many adults have become too incompetent to teach or control children's behavior and then given jobs doing just that.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

She obviously was a tiny teen terrorist send to infiltrate our schools!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join