It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl suspended for using child-sized butter knife to cut peach at school

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

. . . a couple of meaningless fist fights in an entire year.

That's triggered me. My school had three fights a day every day. We always had a lookout on duty and the alarm went up every time a teacher approached. The lookout watched through a narrow gap and the teachers never knew we had a constant watch on the staff room door.

I saw darts, airguns and garbage bins used, but never a knife. If I'd seen a butter knife I would have fainted. Thank God this terrorist child was caught.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Probably a plastic one?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I wonder if she has a permit for that fully-automatic sawed-off butter knife.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

For some odd reason, our teachers actually trusted us not to go all Hannibal Lector on our classmates with our deadly butter knives...

God, I used to carry my pocket knife at all times, at school or no. My car had a rifle in it during hunting season, or a shotgun, depending upon my druthers that afternoon after school. Leave it at home, and lose valuable huntin' time? Never. ...and I wasn't the only one.

Times have changed, and not necessarily for the better.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

For some odd reason, our teachers actually trusted us not to go all Hannibal Lector on our classmates with our deadly butter knives...

God, I used to carry my pocket knife at all times, at school or no. My car had a rifle in it during hunting season, or a shotgun, depending upon my druthers that afternoon after school. Leave it at home, and lose valuable huntin' time? Never. ...and I wasn't the only one.

No, they have not changed for the better.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I get it, but I think in future you actually have to specify sarcasm, the lot that will take that last comment seriously is ridiculous! Eg, managed to sneak a pencil sharpener in, unscrewed that blade! That mofos done now son! Oh wait, I'm in 3rd grade , not county! /sarc ! a reply to: Kester

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's exactly the world I grew up in. If the neighbors noticed us walking towards the hills with a rifle over our shoulder, nobody thought anything of it. My first vehicle had a rifle rack that was often occupied and nobody thought anything of it. Nearly all of us had our scout knife or a pen knife in our pocket all of the time. Then the belt cases for folding hunters got popular and we wore them openly in school. Nobody cared.

It's a sad place we have evolved into, where tools like a knife are now evil and the sport of target shooting is hated by people who have seldom been outside an inner city sardine can. I worry about kids growing up completely detached from nature, where their food comes from and living in fear in a large city. It's no way to grow up. It's no wonder they rebel.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I get we all need a distraction after the election, but is this whole thread just commentary? I don't think there's one person who would agree with this, so we're all just agreeing and saying the same thing, no point here! I'm out ! ( hopefully!!!

Edit; unless we get some idiot who believes this a right thing to punish some kid for a plastic knife!!

edit on 19-11-2016 by Midnite247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Truthfully, though, I hated dodge ball in school...but perhaps, this allowed some kids to vent. Now, they are forced to hold it all in and the chance for them snapping is more heightened?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Truthfully, though, I hated dodge ball in school...but perhaps, this allowed some kids to vent. Now, they are forced to hold it all in and the chance for them snapping is more heightened?

I don't think it's because they're venting. I think it's because we take this stuff, lock it away, and make it a big deal. The very act of banning something makes it taboo which in turn makes it more desirable. Throw in a healthy dose of kids being dumb and impulsive and you get people that seek out knives and guns.

I didn't grow up in a house with guns, but at the same time I had a bunch of toy guns and that took away their mystique. I think that's a large part of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

. . . a couple of meaningless fist fights in an entire year.

That's triggered me.

I do hope you have a safe space and a copy of Kumbaya

I saw darts, airguns and garbage bins used, but never a knife. If I'd seen a butter knife I would have fainted. Thank God this terrorist child was caught.

The thought of how much that peach must have suffered is beyond imagining

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I loved dodgeball, but I don't recall using it to vent, or express anger, of which I had plenty at that point in my life...elementary and junior high weren't especially pleasant times for me.

But there could be some truth to that.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Dodgeball was frustrating to me for a long time just because I wasn't quite coordinated in throwing and catching, but it was still fun in its own way.

We played several variations including guard the castle where everyone stood out of bounds and there were several foam pylons that were castles. If you knocked one over, you have to guard it until the next kid knocked it down. Everyone out of bounds was continually throwing balls, trying to knock over a castle to take their turn guarding.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Karate.

Seems most now are in some kind of Martial Arts.

They didn't have all this stuff when I was a kid. All they had was Little League - - and Oh, I got to be a cheerleader because I was a girl. Sucked.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Dodgeball was frustrating to me for a long time just because I wasn't quite coordinated in throwing and catching, but it was still fun in its own way.

Dodgeball sucked - - especially if there was a teacher who had a grudge against you.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Our dodgeball rules in second grade: line up in front of a brick wall and throw basketballs at those in line . Headshots were 3 points body shots 1 after 10 throws there was a new thrower

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes, times have changed. I carried a pocket knife as well. We could smoke in selected areas between classes. JROTC class let us target shoot M-16s in high school. If we got caught fighting, most of the time the coach would pull out the boxing gloves and make us duke it out in front of an audience.

I think I just triggered some people... but there were no school shootings. Imagine that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Land of the free, funny a person is probably more free in Russia or China.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The girl just brought a knife to cut peach.Nothing dangerous happen.
What's the most urgent ? weapon
I can't see the advantages of hand held metal detector.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Meanwhile... Terrorists roam free in the Streets of London...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join