It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl suspended for using child-sized butter knife to cut peach at school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The eleven year old Florida middle school honor roll student was suspended for six days for cutting a peach to share with a friend using a child-sized butter knife she had brought to school, which violated the county's weapon policy.

Moreover, the The Pembroke-Pines Police Department has evidently investigated the violation and has given its investigation to the state attorney's office.

This could lead prosecutors to file criminal charges against the girl.

Link to story

I am just continually amazed at the stupidity of these policies and their enforcement of such "offences". Are they so concerned that this item could be used as a weapon that they pretend it's a big deal, comparable to a which hunt some four centuries ago?

I submit that a sharp tipped No. 2 Pencil is a more capable weapon which not only is capable of impaling a victim, but the lead tip might also poison the victim should it break off inside the wound.

None-the-less, this is the kind of mentality that cause states to write some of the most ridiculous law and policy that defies common sense and, in my opinion, logic.

Maybe Obama will pardon the girl and Hillary before leaving office.
edit on 18-11-2016 by imd12c4funn because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The silliness has no end these days!
Oi.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Yet the police and AG do diddly squat when a cop shoots an unarmed innocent 11 year old......

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
IMO it's policies like this that contributed to Trump getting elected.

2nd

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: imd12c4funn
The eleven year old Florida middle school honor roll student was suspended for six days for cutting a peach to share with a friend using a child-sized butter knife she had brought to school, which violated the county's weapon policy.

Moreover, the The Pembroke-Pines Police Department has evidently investigated the violation and has given its investigation to the state attorney's office.

This could lead prosecutors to file criminal charges against the girl.

Link to story

I am just continually amazed at the stupidity of these policies and their enforcement of such "offences". Are they so concerned that this item could be used as a weapon that they pretend it's a big deal, comparable to a which hunt some four centuries ago?

I submit that a sharp tipped No. 2 Pencil is a more capable weapon which not only is capable of impaling a victim, but the lead tip might also poison the victim should it break off inside the wound.

None-the-less, this is the kind of mentality that cause states to write some of the most ridiculous law and policy that defies common sense and, in my opinion, logic.

Maybe Obama will pardon the girl and Hillary before leaving office.

Well they actually do not use Lead anymore. Its Graphite and clay. BUT I agree with your point that a sharpened pencil is more dangerous. Hell even large rocks on campus could be used as a deadly weapon. Or a heavy math book. Or fists. Or shoelaces.

Well crap. We should just treat schools as if they were prison yards to keep the kids "safe"

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Never bring a child-sized butter knife to a gunfight.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I was waiting for someone to mention the lead free pencil thing.

I have a fishing tackle box full of lead weights I no longer use too.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How did it go through the metal detector?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
MORE zero tolerance from the PC kiddies.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
pencils have a place in the classroom.
butter knives from home not so much.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

I would be confident in the idea that an honor roll student in a middle school would be proficient in the inner workings of metal detectors, and could easily defeat a metal detector in the act of smuggling in such a weapon.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nah he will pardon Hillary but not her, and rightly so. That little girl needs to rot for her atrocious crime.

ETA: /sarcasm .......(apparently that was necessary for some people reading this)

edit on 11/18/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
pencils have a place in the classroom.
butter knives from home not so much.

How about in a lunch box?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Yeah! And how did she smuggle it past the strip search?

ETA: /sarcasm.....(apparently that was necessary for some people reading this)
edit on 11/18/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Vote with your feet. I suggest New Hampshire since it was selected as the most free state in the United States. It also has among the best economies. Imagine that, the most free state also has among the best economies. Wow, huge coincidence there.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

#Peachlivesmatter

Utterly stupid that this child is getting punished for simply cutting and sharing some peach

Just what kind of message does that send to kids ?

No wonder the world keeps getting worse with each generation if these are the kind of messages we're sending out to each generation

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
zero tolerance strikes again. ffs, it is a butter knife, you couldnt stab someone with that if you tried.

edit on pm1111201616America/Chicago18p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

edit on pm1111201616America/Chicago18p12pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How do we know about this?

Parents went to the media?

I've become very wary of these stories where parents have to blow it up in the media.

. . . more to the story.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is not a new issue, I was friends with a girl who went through the same situation over 30 years ago but her suspension was for 3 months.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Stragne how all of you can see this is extraordinary actions against a little girl innocently cutting a peach. And yet undocumented immigrants who only came here to work and seek a better life are criminals and deserving of immediate deportation, even if it breaks up their family and sends them back to a worse place. Those outlaw undocumented immigrants! And oh btw the "criminal" undocumented immigratns Trump speaks of might only have traffic violations. How many of you actually looked to see what sort of crimes they've committed and whether they served any time? Too much effort.

Evil butter knife wielding children and illegal aliens from other worlds are invading these lands! We will protect ourselves by enforcing insane laws! By God's grace we hired an insane leader who can do this finally!
edit on 11/18/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join