It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest invention in history?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by Brazilian_Combat_Pilot
Greatest invention has to be the beer

No matter how much we all love it i dont think this can be atribuited to any major events of great signifigance.

You should live in New Orleans for a few years

Ahhh, i have been proved wroung once again, there is nothing in the world that beats beads and beer.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i think greatest invention to me is LIGHT and TV. i cannot survive a day without TV thou. I need light cause i am scare of dark

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hrtw
i think greatest invention to me is LIGHT and TV. i cannot survive a day without TV thou. I need light cause i am scare of dark

If you didn't have light, you wouldn't be scared of the dark.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
yes you would, there just wouldn't be a damn thing you could do about it! haha

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You're all wrong in my opinion, it's obvious...

...the best invention was this website!

ATS Rox!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Had a disscution in school today about what is the greatest invention ever?
Personaly i think it is fire, if fire were never invented where would we have been today.

My teacher said bi-focals
someone else said Tivo
Sliced Bread

What do you think was the greatest invention ever?

Thats easy, it's soap. Disinfectants. Without these the standard and length of our lives was appaling. No invention has done more for us.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This might be of interest to some of you, not quite inventions, but gadgets -

www.mobilepcmag.com...

(You might be suprised with no 1)

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
1. APPLE POWERBOOK 100, 1991

Yea that one poarticluar surprized me but i saw one that caught my eye that i think its a wonderful one that no one has mentioned yet,

20. SWISS ARMY KNIFE, 1891

So useful, i can say more than 90% of people on this board have one or more, i knoe i have had one since i was about 4, its got everything it in, its a survival kit in one.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Linux!! Power to the People!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wendellion
You're all wrong in my opinion, it's obvious...

...the best invention was this website!

ATS Rox!!!

You're close

But I still say the greatest invention is ATS's search tool

Greatest Invention Ever

(Just paying omage to titian)

[edit on 8-3-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I would have to say the first weapon. If we didn't make it, we'd probably be somewhere in the medieval ages.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'd say the knife. It can be used to hunt and eat and carve words and other utensils and to play knife games. You can't forget random stabbings. And where would the most basic surgeries be without knives? Oh, there are more. But I'm tired.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by SmileyMan34]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have to say it!

The greatest invention has to be the Universe, come on, God made all the stars, planets and mankind in a day! Then he invented light! So not only did he create such beauty, but he did it in the dark!

Plus, if the Universe had not been invented how could any other inventions have been made! However, all this is only believable if you're a die-hard Christian, and I'm not...

..so I will have to say mankind! Sperm + Egg = Baby! The joys of parenthood!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The way the definition of invention seems to be getting stretched, I offer as the greatest invention, time. Next would be space, then energy, and matter.....all very fundamental firsts for sure.
The Hydrogen atom is close to the ultimate invention, being the base building block of all.

But, really, inventions? these things are not what was meant when this thread was started.....

Humanity's epic changes in direction attributed to a key discovery is likely what was desired by the original query.
So, with that in mind, I would say the greatest invention is duct tape. Name anything more universally useful when something breaks or comes apart and is needed to be fixed asap......duct tape works.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It all started when we invented the question.

You know, that thing that makes you ask, "Why?"

Some would say it was invented in the Garden of Eden.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Recent inventions.

1. The Light Bulb...Where would we be with out it.
2. The Internet/computers
3. The Tranister
4. Ctrl+alt+Del keys

5. The IC engine

Old stuff

1. Languge.
2. Math
3. Wheel
4.Tools/wepons
5. Gun Powder

Just a few. Suprized no one said light buld though.

Zintac

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
the best invention in history is right in front of us our brain with this we have moved out of our environment and now can mostly mould it in our own image and all other human inventions stem from this and over time we will adapt our own brain even further

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Id go with the Plough.U know for the fields.The plough made it possible to produce a lot more food.More food=Healthy longer life.Longer life=More time to invent more things.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well i think the greatest discovery was electricity. The i dont know if this woul eb an invention or discovery, Anti-Biotics. What about polymers like plastic, you can make superstong stuff. IDK to many to choose from, FLight, Radio, COmputer, or In a couple deacdes the Nano machine will be a graet invention, Small enough to be put into your body and destroy viruses or bacteria which will be a great medicl leap.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
inventing woman gotta be 1th on my list

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Mr Alexander]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join