It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Who and What is the "Alt-Right?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is because you have no argument, all innuendo and bs.

Unlike Mrs Clinton who chose a kkk member as a mentor.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I posted plenty of sources. I can't help it if you don't want to trust them. Plus I don't care anymore. People such as yourself I don't bother expending the effort with these days. It's not worth it when all I receive in return is belittlement and blank dismissals because you can't be arsed to read the stuff I post. So good day. Like I said we have nothing further to discuss.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

none that show what you claimed

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The alt-right phrase was used as a pejorative, and piece of ad hominem, against Trump and his supporters. There is no actual group of the alt-right, by the fact that they have no leader, no meetings, no membership process, no common cause, no common ideology, nothing in common besides that they supported Donald Trump.

well said sir

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Some of this could be coming from agent provocateurs to a degree .

Oh definitely! "Never let a crisis go to waste" and all that rot.

I have no doubt that people are provoking -- or trying to provoke -- much worse conditions in an already volatile situation. The whole way issues have been framed for public consumption is to provoke as many as possible. Some are angry, some are fearful, I'd so most are confused and frustrated. It's a powder keg giving off sparks.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not trying to speak for anyone else or argue anyone else's points for them, and I'm not casting any racist aspersions or ulterior motives or anything on you, but there are indeed openly brazenly racist folks who are interpreting all kinds of racist things into Trump's campaign speech and policy positions, openly supporting Trump, etc. I've read their words. And I won't give it any of it any more attention or energy than that, so I won't be posting any of it here. You already have a few sanitized-for-public-consumption sources. They are out there. That's a fact.

You can deny that they make up the majority, and I would agree. You can deny that Trump shares those racist views, and I won't disagree. There are plenty of ways and means to address the fact and what it means in the bigger picture, but it is a fact.

You could also ask the poster to explain why this or that is significant to them, what it means to them, what it suggests to them, why it worries or frightens them, and then discuss the issue on that level -- actually trying to understand different perspectives.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here, but from the outside it just comes off as some kind of gotcha game to browbeat another poster. And that's not cool. In fact, it's exactly the opposite. We need to work together to find solutions... not continue the divide-and-conquer game that's ruining this nation.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm not trying to speak for anyone else or argue anyone else's points for them, and I'm not casting any racist aspersions or ulterior motives or anything on you, but there are indeed openly brazenly racist folks who are interpreting all kinds of racist things into Trump's campaign speech and policy positions, openly supporting Trump, etc. I've read their words. And I won't give it any of it any more attention or energy than that, so I won't be posting any of it here. You already have a few sanitized-for-public-consumption sources. They are out there. That's a fact.

I do not disagree with you.

However posts were made that stated this was in response to trumps actions. I asked for sources for the actions and got none.
I don't deny there are racist idiots in this country. I don't deny that they supported trump. Show me where trump called a kkk member a mentor or any similar ACTION and I will be happy to concede.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
meh,
it's supposed to sound intelligent when describing a group of them americans who don't act like us americans.

sad;
separation anxiety disease.

keep the ploy of separation as a good thing.

it's not "it's you and me kid"- it's "it's us against them"

thanks dubya

not

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I do not disagree with you.

However posts were made that stated this was in response to trumps actions. I asked for sources for the actions and got none.

Thank you for that -- I see my disconnect here.

I'm going to blame the media. Trump has said many things that were less than well-thought-out and easily played into something it's not. At least not necessarily if that makes sense. But those comments have been easily and evilly played by the media, letting lots of folks read into it what they want.

For example, Muslims here legally (even born here) fearing that they will deported right along with the Mexicans here illegally... and racists hoping that they'll all be deported whether legal or illegal.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A lot of answer in this thread are off to me.

The Alt-Right is so 'conservative' it's radical. That's the most basic definition I can think of. An example being the Westboro Baptist Church saying God says to mass kill Gays etc. Not exactly traditional or reserved.

The Alt-Left is so 'liberating' it's oppressive. What immediately comes to mind is the 'culture appropriation' story where someone couldn't express themselves without someone else being offended.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The alt-right phrase was used as a pejorative, and piece of ad hominem, against Trump and his supporters. There is no actual group of the alt-right, by the fact that they have no leader, no meetings, no membership process, no common cause, no common ideology, nothing in common besides that they supported Donald Trump.

What about Black lives Matter? It is a slogan that people rally around but it has no leader, no meetings, no membership process... I guess it doesn't really exist either.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Like Social Justice Warriors, snowflakes, and BLM terrorists?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Like Social Justice Warriors, snowflakes, and BLM terrorists?

Actually, yes! At least if you mean that in the sense that social justice warriors and snowflakes are very loose groups of diverse of people, and no, it's neither fair nor accurate to lump them all together with the worst among them.

As for the BLM terrorists, do you mean the government Bureau of Land Management kind? Or the social Black Lives Matters kind? Actually, it doesn't matter. Both are established entities with self-defined purposes, so neither would fall into the above, and everyone involved in either one knows they are identifying with the entity.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
A lot of answer in this thread are off to me.

The Alt-Right is so 'conservative' it's radical. That's the most basic definition I can think of. An example being the Westboro Baptist Church saying God says to mass kill Gays etc. Not exactly traditional or reserved.

The Alt-Left is so 'liberating' it's oppressive. What immediately comes to mind is the 'culture appropriation' story where someone couldn't express themselves without someone else being offended.

You said that very well and regarding each extreme, I agree -- thank you! I think that plays a big part in the emotional reactions as well. There are many going to extremes, and it should not be ignored; but nor should they be considered the norm or mainstream.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What about Black lives Matter? It is a slogan that people rally around but it has no leader, no meetings, no membership process... I guess it doesn't really exist either.

Slogans exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The latest character assassination attempt by the media is against Steve Bannon from Breitbart. I watched a hit piece against him on my local news station. The buzz word associations were racist, anti semetic, white supremist, Breitbart, Donald Trump administration.

I was just shocked that they just throw it all out there so blatantly despite the fact it's categorically false. Breitbart is not white supremist, I've read the site for years and listened when Bannon wad on the radio and still sometimes now. That guy is not a white supremist racist or anything like that. Hes carrying the spirit if Andrew Breitbart who was also accused of being racist. He's so anti establishment, anti mainstream media, anti profession left that the left are threatened by him. Their MO is just to label their opponents racist and destroying their character.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 16-11-2016 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Fear - Lack of Control - Becoming Obsolete - - - is a survival motivator.

I've never seen more of the above than I did on election night coming from the left-biased MSM.
The Biggest Media Meltdowns to Trump's Win

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

The latest character assassination attempt by the media is against Steve Bannon from Breitbart. I watched a hit piece against him on my local news station. The buzz word associations were racist, anti semetic, white supremist, Breitbart, Donald Trump administration.

Yes. So many names... and so little evidence. I have tried to find anything Bannon's said or done that is any kind of "ist", and beyond the accusations of his ex-wife during the heat of a divorce and custody battle, there's nothing. Many accusations, but very little of substance. Even a woman making accusations on CNN this morning finally had to boil it down to nothing more than guilt by association -- because the racists support him, he must be racist too.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Breitbart is just full of the same old disinfo from the other trench in this partisan pseudo battle between left and right.
This BS hit the fan machine only adds to the division, let's compare two articles with regards to Trumps impact on the stock market to make a case:

Stock Market Crash Anticipating Trump’s Win: Just Like Reagan

VS:

Defense Industry Stocks Surge Following Donald Trump Victory

900 points plunge, OMG!
Run in circles, crap into your pants and buy some Raytheon stock! Bannon or his paper wouldn't tell you that they've (both they, pun intended) earned big bucks on the other planet earth as well, but heck... he's a great guy, right?

Damnd, there are my mil-ind complexes again... where's the medicine?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join