It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump said he plans to immediately deport 2 to 3 million criminal undocumented immigrants.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I've seen different. If they aren't employed then yes, they'll be turned down for sure, if they are and they have a lot of hand written character witness letters they have a good chance.

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

If you say so. I have seen the opposite and have not found anything that indicates that personal letters of recommendation can be used as grounds to waive the basic requirements.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The LAPD (Los Angeles Police) says that they're not gonna help President Trump.
www.msn.com...
Woe on the LAPD! Los Angeles needs the President, more than the President needs Los Angeles...in a lot of ways.

Here's a quote:

...During Beck's tenure as chief, the department stopped turning over people arrested for low-level crimes to federal agents for deportation and moved away from honoring federal requests to detain inmates who might be deportable past their jail terms. On Monday, Beck said he planned to maintain the long-standing separation. "I don't intend on doing anything different," he said. "We are not going to engage in law enforcement activities solely based on somebody's immigration status. We are not going to work in conjunction with Homeland Security on deportation efforts. That is not our job, nor will I make it our job."

I am all sympathy for LEOs being in hard positions, or ending up in untenable positions. He's right that a city Law Enforcement Officer has a certain job description, and a customs, immigration, or border officer has a job description and it's obviously completely different. And it sucks for LEOs to have to take on stuff related to border stuff, as states which have passed laws related to this have learned.

However, a direct refusal to obey the orders of the President is pretty much something that could get even a four-star General retired. The diff being the general would have the professional maturity to voluntarily retire because they didn't want to follow it. They would not feel "entitled" to hold their job, pointedly tell their boss's boss's boss up about 182 levels to get forked, and then still keep their job like it's no big deal. Let alone do so in the media.

I think the media's sold everyone on this concept, directly or indirectly, that gestapo jackboots are going to march through neighborhoods seizing innocent people.

Trump already made it clear he's pulling federal funding from Sanctuary cities. This is exactly the attitude that is going on with those -- we don't care what is legal, or what is constitutional, or what the feds say, we're going to continue the illegal stuff and shelter illegal people *even when they are convicted criminals.* If he lets that kind of thing slide it'll be all downhill every trying to get a handle on sanctuary stuff, so he probably won't.

I suspect police leaders will be attempting to "soothe the frantic locals" in cities with a high illegal population by saying things like that -- it's not our job, we don't plan to make it our job, don't be afraid of us -- and I understand they're in a situation where they might feel like they need to.

But to me, it's an example of how F'd up the situation is -- thanks to NOT having better border security for the last 20 years -- that there are SO MANY illegals that officials have to be either scared of them, or scared of their votes, or scared because they are scared.

I feel great compassion for many of the illegals (who are not criminals), I feel sorry for the police, I feel sorry for the country in the situation. I feel pretty certain that once they secure the borders decently they will offer some kind of gradual application for citizenship. (With that many people, at best it wouldn't start for years, and even then it would probably take 20 years to get through it, and that's with a lot of funding and human resources thrown at it.) They can't say anything now because the border would be overrun -- even subtle indicators from politicians send "surges" through the border with hopefuls. But it wouldn't even be practical, or affordable, to deport everyone, not to mention inhumane in many cases and really complicated for a ton of reasons. I trust it's gonna be a lot more ok than anybody scared thinks it is right now. But we're just going to have to wait until the first things (secure borders and export of known criminals) get taken care of. THEN we will see what is planned. At that point, even people who came in yesterday will have been here for years already.

RC

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I have never understood people wanting to allow criminals into our country. Roughly 40%-60% of all of our deportations are illegals that are also CONVICTED CRIMINALS!!!

How is removing criminals from society a bad thing?

When Trump said they aren't sending their best, he was telling the absolute stone cold truth. Go visit a border town if you do not believe me.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I have never understood people wanting to allow criminals into our country. Roughly 40%-60% of all of our deportations are illegals that are also CONVICTED CRIMINALS!!!

How is removing criminals from society a bad thing?

When Trump said they aren't sending their best, he was telling the absolute stone cold truth. Go visit a border town if you do not believe me.

I'm simply not going to let this point go away. If they are here and didn't come through the legally applied system (eg. they entered our country illegally)...THEY ARE CRIMINALS! Lets see...trespassing, breaking and entering, if they even walk our roads they are stealing, use any benefits including medical...stealing.

Some people can disagree with what the law states and with our process, but that doesn't change what it is. Any of your "undocumented workers" are CRIMINALS. Period! Any statement stating otherwise is a lie making the person saying or typing it a liar.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'm baffled at the people I know and see on the internet reacting to this as if it's a bad thing.
I fully support our country being a place for immigrants to enhance their lives(not that I'm sure that's possible these days). However, there's a process that must be done and if one can't take the time for that to be done, then I'm not at all sorry that they cannot join this nation and/or must leave. It's very simple really.

On the other hand, I have to agree with Chappelle's statement on SNL:

"Oh, they're not goin' anywhere. You're actin' like everybody's gonna pick their own strawberries."

We're not exactly a nation that eschews cheap labor.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Who needs to watch sitcoms nowadays? With El Trumpo in charge America is becoming hilarious.
Aren't Americans criminal immigrants by nature? I mean..the Indians say hi!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

If you dont want to do it legally GTFO and dont come back.

I just hope we don't cause great strife south of the border.
Trump has to realize that he's going to change a way of life
for millions of people. They were allowed a way of life for so
long. Coming and going as they please, sending money in support
of whole families.

How many children will go hungry? That concerns me a great
deal. What a GD mess?

edit on Ram111516v27201600000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Aren't Americans criminal immigrants by nature? I mean..the Indians say hi!

Not at all I'm an american, I was born in the U.S.A. And I had nothing to do
with what happened between human beings two hundred years and a whole
world ago. So you can't muddy the waters like that at all. Besides, if this isn't
my country?

I'll just take it again.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Make that 20-30 million and we would have a good start.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Appoint Sheriff Joe as Attorney general and you will hear a massive scurrying sound on the US borders as illegals run all over each other trying to get back across to their side of the border before getting caught. Wont cost us a dime to get rid of them if we do it right and it will save trillions nationally.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Leaven it down to what it actually and honestly is...

Undocumented workers wouldn't come here if there were no businesses here to hire them...

Business likes undocumented workers because they are easier to exploit than people who would stand up for their right to be treated fairly on the job and be paid a fair wage...

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it...

Enjoy your giant fall backwards...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182
Appoint Sheriff Joe as Attorney general and you will hear a massive scurrying sound on the US borders as illegals run all over each other trying to get back across to their side of the border before getting caught. Wont cost us a dime to get rid of them if we do it right and it will save trillions nationally.

Good ole Sheriff Joe is not qualified to be AG. He's not a lawyer.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Meh, what does it mean when the IRS hands out ITINs to undocumented workers so they can file income tax returns?

ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I think he will be back in some capacity to help.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I doubt it. He just lost his own election and has become an expensive legal liability. He has no place in government.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The LAPD (Los Angeles Police) says that they're not gonna help President Trump.

www.msn.com...

Woe on the LAPD! Los Angeles needs the President, more than the President needs Los Angeles...in a lot of ways.

That will be fine - they don't need to help. They just need to stay out of the way, which I am sure they will.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I doubt it. He just lost his own election and has become an expensive legal liability. He has no place in government.

We'll see, but don't be surprised.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Good.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wonder how the big corporations are going to cope. Illegal immigrants are terrible apparently, unless they are picking your tomatoes in Florida at a few pennies per bushel, or picking grapes for a pittance in Napa Valley.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join