It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump said he plans to immediately deport 2 to 3 million criminal undocumented immigrants.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Not true.

I work day in and day out with green card holders from normal families back home.

That is an outright lie. I know and meet yearly people that have work visas for a LIMITED TIME...which can be yearly employment.

My sister in law visited for medical treatment and saw my daughters birth.

Nobody said that visas don't exist.

I said some people don't meet the requirements for one.

Your sister-in-law probably got a tourist visa. That is not a pathway to citizenship. Neither are temporary work visas.

People having green cards doesn't really say how they got them. I know a bunch of people that got their green card during Reagan's amnesty and were able to sponsor their families. Not everyone has that chance.
edit on 14-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Are you saying that someone that came over here to start a new life has not made friends with anyone willing to write a letter in their behalf? How long have they been over here?

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Vector99

That's what he had been saying all along. Every time he talked about illegal immigration he talked about the crime, and criminals being brought over from south of the border, but the left didn't want to listen to the truth and instead made their own claims even proclaiming that "he will ban all immigrants"...

That's because when he talked of criminals and illegal immigrants, they said, "You hate mexicans!" because he said Mexico was sending (not officially, obviously, just as a figure of speech) rapists, murderers and more into the country. In all fairness his way of putting things was constantly causing more harm than help...

Actually by the official stats, over 70% of the illegals from Mexico are OTM -- the official acronym for "other than Mexican." But to us they're coming through the Mexico border, so technically Mexico is letting them, even if they are from South America or African countries.

He wasn't saying every single illegal was a criminal, but he was saying some were, and that all criminals -- "all of them" would be "gone."

People interpreted that to mean that anybody mexican would be deported, not even just all illegals (which I don't think he ever said or meant to say, so much as all law-violating [besides entry] illegals) but literally all *mexicans* which they took to mean RACE -- that's utterly insane, any citizen is an American!

Me and anybody I know would not even allow such things around us. I have never expected that is what DT meant or intended but everybody else I know watches TV or reads stuff like facebook (I don't) and they all seemed to get that impression.

I know people literally afraid the gestapo is going to sweep through houses looking for basically anybody non-white. Or gay! (Crazy, DT has always been in support of gays. Has even said so more than once. Even held up a big LGBT sign at a rally -- first time anybody on a Republic ticket has done something like that. But he WILL appoint a conservative judge so when asked if he'd appoint a judge who might reverse rulings like that, he said he very well might.)

This gestapo fear is so ludicrously out of touch with reality. It just makes me so irritated at the media and SJW B.S. that has promulgated all of this fear in the name of trying to get everyone else to hate who they hate, and feel utterly desperate to vote for their side less the devil seize them from their homes in the night. It's like a bunch of teenagers, but sadly they're the voice of authority on the news or internet. All the influence, none of the sense of responsibility.

RC
edit on 14-11-2016 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2016 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Are you saying that someone that came over here to start a new life has not made friends with anyone willing to write a letter in their behalf? How long have they been over here?

They have to be relatives:

an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older

a family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older

a family member of a green card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder

green card through family

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They have to be relatives:

an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older

a family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older

a family member of a green card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder

green card through family

Really, I wrote two letters for friends from Turkey and one from China and they got their green card, but tbh they had a stack of letters, great people. Also they had a letter from their current employer. No relatives. In other words if they have a lot of character references that show they're a good person and are employed they're going to get their card imho.

www.letterspro.com...

STM
edit on 14-11-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Really, I wrote two letters for friends from Turkey and one from China and they got their green card

They may have come under one of the other usual categories asylum (which needs no explanation and probably no relative sponsor) and green card through job

Green Card Through a Job Offer: You may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.

Green Card Through Investment: Green cards may be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs.

Green Card Through Self Petition: Some immigrant categories allow you to file for yourself (“self-petition”). This option is available for either “Aliens of Extraordinary Ability” or certain individuals granted a National Interest Waiver.

Green Card Through Special Categories of Jobs: There are a number of specialized jobs that may allow you to get a green card based on a past or current job, such as:

Afghan/Iraqi Translator
Broadcaster
International Organization Employee
Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
NATO-6 Nonimmigrant
Panama Canal Employee
Physician National Interest Waiver
Religious Worker

I didn't mention it in the previous post because most people don't fall into this category. You have to have a legit job offer (that is what the labor certification is for), money or some special ability.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So there ya go, a job offer should be no problem for most. And if they've here already which means they're supposed to go back to their home country and apply perhaps the laws can be changed to allow applying from this side of the border? I would insist though that they have a solid employers letter and many character reference letters and have a thorough background check and medical exam. Does that sound fair?

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

The labor certification is the hurdle.

I don't know why you ask me if that is fair. I'm not complaining about things being unfair. I'm just pointing out that many people don't get their papers in order because they don't have any way to do so.

Requirement for U.S. employers seeking to employ certain persons whose immigration to the United States is based on job skills or nonimmigrant temporary workers coming to perform services for which qualified authorized workers are unavailable in the United States.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The LAPD (Los Angeles Police) says that they're not gonna help President Trump.

www.msn.com...

Woe on the LAPD! Los Angeles needs the President, more than the President needs Los Angeles...in a lot of ways.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The more letters the better and being employed over rules all. If they can't bother themselves to even try they shouldn't be here. Most I've known are excited when they've made another level towards citizenship. If it's just a work permit you think they want then know that there are several temporary visitor worker type programs that are being discussed and would help their cause but still, imho they need a full background check and medical exam.

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I guess you missed the part that says that there must be nobody else in the US that can fill the spot in order to get the labor certification.

If there is, it's the end of the road even if they want to make it to the next level.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

No, I saw that. That's not a problem if it's labor or construction or carpentry or stone masonry but if it's engineering or similar then they'd have a problem, maybe.

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No, I saw that. That's not a problem if it's labor or construction or carpentry or stone masonry but if it's engineering or similar then they'd have a problem, maybe.

You got that backwards. Common abilities that any US citizen possesses means no labor certification, which means no green card through job.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That's the quota jobs. The U.S., especially the border states need additional workers, always will probably. They do have worker programs in a small degree already, we should enlarge them. But honestly, a stack of reference letters goes a long ways as well as a background check and a medical exam. Don't discount the personal references, they do make a difference.

If I were an immigrant worker that had been over here for a few years I would right now be busy collecting as many handwritten letters as I could to speed up and guarantee my request.

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You are talking about temporary job visas and that is not a way to a green card. No amount of letters makes a difference because you will not get the labor certification which is one of the requirements for legal permanent residency (green card).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I seriously doubt what you're saying. If they have a fat file full of good references from friends and various employers they are going to help you regardless. But just to be clear on this whole discussion it's only the people with criminal records that are being deported which is right imho.

The nice people just need to start working on their status, letters are a good way to start imho.

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The nice people just need to start working on their status, letters are a good way to start imho.

You can doubt all you want but I posted the requirements. If you don't meet them then what good is a stack of letters going to do?

The point we were discussing is why people (particularly the nice ones) don't get their papers in order. The answer is that they don't even meet the basic requirements so, they don't have a way to work on their status.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just left the site to relax for a bit and this is the first article I saw:

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Woman 'raped in a ditch for two hours after an illegal immigrant crashed his car into her vehicle and ran her off the road'

Roberto Carlos Flores Sibrian, 26, was arrested after allegedly raping a woman on the morning of Halloween

He crashed into the woman's car and then pulled her out and into a ditch where he sexually assaulted her for two hours, police said

Following the attack, the suspect fled the scene leaving behind his shirt and the victim called 911 for help

Sibrian is charged with rape and aggravated sexual battery, police said

Suspect did not have a permanent address and was living in the Fredericksburg area before the crime, authorities said

A sheriff's office spokeswoman said she did not have any further details about his immigration status

How much you wanna bet that he's has a criminal history? Enough imho. Any immigrants that come in need to come in legally and with full background and medical checks.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The letters go a long ways I was told by an immigration attorney. If they're employed too they should have no problem.

STM

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The letters go a long ways I was told by an immigration attorney. If they're employed too they should have no problem.

Only if they meet the other requirements.

If they don't meet the basic requirements then letters and being employed make no difference.

You keep dismissing what is most important.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join