It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Trump's space program look like?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'd like to see an orbiting Space Hotel...a la 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I'd like to see NASA further develop ties to the private sector. The plans that Elon Musk has for example show a continual 'shuttle' service back and forth to Mars. The technology he is talking about needs more funding to accelerate it.
This is also one area where the USA could ramp up immigration - for example Musk can't hire Russians, Chinese, etc... people to work on his projects. It's one area where there is actually a shortage of talent to address via immigration.
edit on 13/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That hope has some obstacles. National Security is a huge (YUUUUUGE) one.

As has been pointed out, NASA and the space program as well have provided a long list of technological discoveries that have made present technology in the private sector so advanced. But there are other technologies that can be used for National Defense. Those technologies are kept secret for obvious reasons.

If we can establish friendly ties with Russia and China, perhaps some restrictions can be relaxed... I would personally like to see that happen. Those type of relations were simply inconceivable before November 8th... now, maybe there's a possibility.

There are consequences, very dire consequences, to being a global bully. Past administrations seemed to ignore that. Let us hope this one does not.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You're all kidding yourselves! Trump's space program is - and I've put a lot of thought into this - a lot of thought since last year - it's gonna look like the Ferengi Alliance.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
You're all kidding yourselves! Trump's space program is - and I've put a lot of thought into this - a lot of thought since last year - it's gonna look like the Ferengi Alliance.

You made me laugh.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

And if a "ship" full of toxic nuclear waste explodes just after take off, or on the launch pad? What happens to all of that stuff? Vaporized and spread over most of Florida?

On second thought: I'm coming around to your plan.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

for the amount of money that goes missing from the gov't till, it wouldn't surprise me if we already have a fantastic space program. they just aren't telling us about it, they want us to be surprised when we wake up on day to find that all the bigwigs blasted off to live on that paradise of a space colony on mars or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

for the amount of money that goes missing from the gov't till, it wouldn't surprise me if we already have a fantastic space program. they just aren't telling us about it, they want us to be surprised when we wake up on day to find that all the bigwigs blasted off to live on that paradise of a space colony on mars or something.

The next frontier I think is a take off- land-take off ship of the ilk that Elon Musk is developing. I'd love to see that. I still remember watching the shuttle landing years ago and being amazed. It's good for the world to see such innovation and achievement.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

Hey, the Ferengi had a very viable space program.

If you really wanted to be insulting, you would have chosen Pakleds.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Wouldn't having a highly educated populace make America great again? As apposed to sending our best and brightest to die on another planet? While the uneducated stay here and destroy the rest of the planet. Ya that sounds like a great plan.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

. . . it wouldn't surprise me if we already have a fantastic space program. they just aren't telling us about it, they want us to be surprised when we wake up on day to find that all the bigwigs blasted off to live on that paradise of a space colony on mars or something.

Personally, I think we do.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join