It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Trump's space program look like?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

How would you get it up there?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

With ships! Fantastic ships, the best ships. Moon ships with moon people on them, sailing the ships in space to the moon!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I predict that he will promote a space tourism industry for two reasons: 1) it will help NASA support itself, 2) when he gets out of office he can open a hotel on the moon or mars.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I Don't Know . Space is YUGE , it just Might Appeal to Him ...........)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'd like to see an orbiting Space Hotel...a la 2001: A Space Odyssey.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Probably his first project will to be get Cher to Jupiter.

Oh, that's easy and we don't even have to develop intersteller flight capability.

Acid ...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

At least we have that same interest.

What will the Fundamentalists say?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Don't Know . Space is YUGE , it just Might Appeal to Him ...........)

We're gonna do space so good. It's going to be amazing.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, that's easy and we don't even have to develop intersteller flight capability.

Acid ...

The hardest part will be convincing Cher she's still performing to someone during the trip.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

make this viral!!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That's actually a very interesting question. I think it's going to be a tough nut to crack with them. The fundamentalists I know have zero interest in space. They're not openly hostile and "anti-space" ... rather they see zero value in it.

Trump will have to use his salesman skills to "sell" it to those people. Hopefully he'll do a better job selling space than he did steaks and bottled water.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

The delicious irony of sending Cher to Jupiter...is that Trump will be sending her to the Yuuuge RED Spot.
edit on 12-11-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

That's actually a very interesting question. I think it's going to be a tough nut to crack with them. The fundamentalists I know have zero interest in space. They're not openly hostile and "anti-space" ... rather they see zero value in it.

Trump will have to use his salesman skills to "sell" it to those people. Hopefully he'll do a better job selling space than he did steaks and bottled water.

Oh, yeah.

That may have seemed like a flippant question.

It wasn't.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, that's easy and we don't even have to develop intersteller flight capability. Acid ...

I think that's '___' . . . .
edit on 12-11-2016 by denybedoomed because: wow, can't even enter the word? dimethyltriptamine

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: ketsuko

Acid ...

The hardest part will be convincing Cher she's still performing to someone during the trip.

Easy. Just show her this while she trips ... I mean takes the trip.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yes, well, the religious fundies aren't the only people. You are going to see a lot of SJWs fighting it too. So much money going into this that could be for the children ...

But really, if religious fundies really fought space all that much, Kennedy never would have gotten the Apollo programs off the ground. The nation was much more religious in his day.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Let's not forget that it is a *REAL* possibility trump has access to some technology his (uncle?) obtained while cleaning up Tesla's lab. So there's always that to look forward too if true. Tesla was a true genius, I don't doubt a Trump of any generation would be wear they are now if they didn't pocket a few things from time to time. Would be nice if he used it to invigorate NASA and other private space programs.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

Look up at the moon tonight and dream of how nuts someone must be to walk on that dust ball. We spent too much money going there in the sixties, there is already a flag sitting up there. It wouldn't be a bad place to store our nuclear waste though. That way our kids wouldn't have to deal with it.

The naivety of your statement shows a lack of education!

This was one of the greatest achievements man has achieved and it was done by the USA, Im an Australian and Im proud of what your country has achieved, the technological advancement that were made earned 10 x fold on what was spent, so please educate yourself before criticising science.

NASA Spinoff technologies

Infrared ear thermometers
Ventricular assist device
Artificial limbs
Light-emitting diodes in medical therapies
Invisible braces
Scratch-resistant lenses
Space blanket
Aircraft anti-icing systems
Highway safety
Improved radial tires
Chemical detection
Video enhancing and analysis systems
Fire-resistant reinforcement
Temper foam
Freeze drying
Water purification
Solar Cells
Powdered lubricants

This is just a tiny percentage, but you get the point, pushing the boundaries has and will reap rewards.

A lack of education has nothing to do with my belief that standing on the moon is a waste of money. Is this lack of belief because I wasn't conditioned properly to believe it was necessary? Maybe that is it, I can think for myself and because of that I am not intelligent. Did you ever actually look at how expensive that space program was in the sixties?

I liked Star trek, it was a good fictional show, not reality. I liked I dream of Genie, but know Genies do not assist astronauts. People do not even know they have been conditioned to think that the cost of stuff like this was necessary and saying NASA is the only reason those things were invented is so wrong, the scientists at NASA would have worked somewhere else, maybe we would be better off now if they were inventing stuff instead of being in the NASA program. Can't you think of anything that is actually relevant. Tires and solar panels would have been invented along with a lot of the other stuff, NASA was not needed to do that, businesses would have done that. I suppose Tesla or Einstein would never have been great scientists if NASA wasn't formed either.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Have Trump give a speech in a hot air balloon. He is full of hot air, there should be enough to get the balloon aloft and up through the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

There is always some common ground...

As an amateur astronomer, I have often sat in my observatory, gazed at Mars, and wondered 'what if' we could travel there. I'd kind of written off the prospect of a manned mission in my lifetime, but I have some renewed hope.

<< 1    3 >>

join