It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Muslim set to take over the Democratic National Committee?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

I take a huge joy in watching the Democratic Party implode

Savor every minute of it...As for me, I am stocking up on pop-corn for watching the soon to be cannibalistic frenzy that ensues when the GOP has eaten their scape goat in Gov. and fully owns all 3 branches of government with nothing to offer but policies that make it much, much worse for the people that voted for them.

First up...Trump's explanation of Trumpcare sounds just like Obamacare, but 50X more expensive for everyone absent a mandate (We might just get socialized, single payer medicine yet!)...That..and the whole wall thing?...ahem..kind of a metaphor...deportation force?...not happening...deporting all immigrants...lets just keep doing what we have been doing...deport Bad Criminals..

You should keep up on the back-paddling.

Oh...what happens when the cannibals finish eating the last sane person?
edit on 14-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There's something you're missing. They don't care if Trump's policies screw up the government. They've wanted the federal govt gone since at least Reagan, when he would proudly proclaim that "Government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem". They never own the screwups that happen under Republican watch. They always find some new scapegoat, even when they control all of the levers of power.

Just look at all of the supposed "conservatives" who blame liberals, progressives, unions, Democrats, illegal immigrants, Muslims, etc for their ills even though they live in Republican-controlled States; Republican-controlled counties; Republican-controlled cities; have conservatives as bosses, landlords, and local officials; and have Republicans representing them in both the federal House of Representatives and Senate.

Put it like this, Reagan, Bush I, and Dubya Bush all ran massive federal deficits but Republicans only remember about balanced budgets when Democrats are in power. Bush and Congress's "Bush tax cuts" even erased the budget surpluses left over by Clinton's 2nd term. Reagan traded weapons with Iran in exchange for US hostages, but Repubs only complain after Obama did something similar. Reagan's administration did nothing for the first several years as GRIDS/AIDS rates exploded in the country, but they don't get any blame for that either.

His and Bush I's CIA sent coc aine into America (particularly into inner cities) to fund right wing death squads in Latin America, while funding & arming the future Taliban and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. Yet they turn around and blame the inner cities for having the drugs they imported and blame Muslims globally for the atrocities committed by the groups they backed. WTF?

Dubya waged 2 ridiculously expensive wars in Iraq and Afghanistan while never paying for them, which added both of their costs directly to the federal deficit. Yet they never flinched. They passed the Patriot Act, implemented torture on a large scale, set up Gitmo, and have the 2008 financial collapse on their resume. But they will never own up to those, nor feel any sense of remorse for them. Remember, they just elected someone who's proudly proclaimed that he'll bring back waterboarding and "a Helluva lot more" . There's always going to be a new bogeyman to deflect to and a new scapegoat to blame for their screwups. Always.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How are we talking about Trump here??? I thought this was a topic about the DNC chair and his religion.

LOL.....this is one of many things wrong with American politcs: you guys just cannot help yourselves from joining in tit for tat. Folks complain about "the other party" never owning their mistakes. DOing that while going off topic to join in a tit for tat just falls flat on me.

No wonder im sick of politics. At this point I hope the whole US gets obliterated so we can start over. None of ya'll seem to desire (or deserve) to have a prosperous, peaceful nation.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

And once again, you're off topic. (facepalm)

As for the topic: I'm actually hoping Ellison and Dean work together as co-leaders of the DNC. Dean's "50 State Strategy" is essential to overturning their recent setbacks at the State and local level. A direct alliance with the Green Party would also do wonders, with the "Green Democrats" being their answer to the "Tea Party". I think I'll also work with/for the actual progressive Democrats and local Greens to make this a reality.

Though they'd be fools to rely on the DNC to implement that strategy alone. The Congressional Progressive Caucus and the Democratic Governors Association need to start working on this ASAP.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I'm confident what's really underlying this is the desire for this to become a Christian Nation. Which is, of course, precisely not what the Founding Fathers established. Christians get elected. No problem. Someone from a different religion and the sky is falling.

Blame our media and government. The US has spent the last 40 years making people from the ME hate us, and the last 15 years driving this fear home into every living room in America.

If there's a fracture point, media will start working to widen it. Its how they function.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Assuming you're talking to me, I can't respond to a post? Especially since I've brought up the DNC's reasons for picking Ellison at least 3 times now.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Assuming you're talking to me, I can't respond to a post? Especially since I've brought up the DNC's reasons for picking Ellison at least 3 times now.

Im not talking to any individual. Just making an observation.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
LOL.....this is one of many things wrong with American politcs: you guys just cannot help yourselves from joining in tit for tat. Folks complain about "the other party" never owning their mistakes. DOing that while going off topic to join in a tit for tat just falls flat on me.

Yep, you're right!

The reason it becomes tit for tat is because context gets lost (either intentionally or subconsciously, I have my suspicions on which) to the degree that some people completely forget what and why another person responded to them in the first place.

If you want to see in this thread how strawman is out in force simply start at my post here and watch the bricks fall into place.

I keep getting this feeling of an agenda and I cant put my finger on the why...it will come out though.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

That may be true, if you want to nitpick, but there is no real practical distinction, for this discussion.
Then you're a bigot too.

Wait, let me get this straight, someone is now defined as a bigot because they believe that the incoming administration will actually crystallize their campaign promise? That's pretty funny to me.

No, that's what makes someone ignorant. They're a bigot because they believe being a Muslim and being an Islamist is the same thing.

edit on 14-11-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: alphabetaone

That may be true, if you want to nitpick, but there is no real practical distinction, for this discussion.
Then you're a bigot too.

Wait, let me get this straight, someone is now defined as a bigot because they believe that the incoming administration will actually crystallize their campaign promise? That's pretty funny to me.

No, that's what makes someone ignorant. They're a bigot because they believe being a Muslim and being an Islamist is the same thing.

Welllll....considering I understand the context in which he meant it for this particular discussion, I'm pretty friggin happy right about now that I live in the good ole US of A where I have the right to actually be a bigot if anyone is to believe your definition of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And now they are looking to appoint a new head of their party whose religion is based upon a God whose primary earthly mouthpiece married a six-year-old, consummated said marriage two years later, and whose subsequent caliphates saw hadiths written specifically enumerating punishments to be levied for homosexuality....

Believe it or not, you can be a Muslim without doing any of stuff. Kinda like how most Christians don't support The Children Of God (Abortion Clinic bombers), the waves molestations, The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition.

Socrates had a 9 year old boy

People are crazy. I'm sure Keith Ellison does none of that stuff.
edit on 14-11-2016 by StookieWilliams because: Incomplete

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The real question is:

How could anyone, even a serial killer, be any worse than Debbie Wasserman Shultz or Donna Brazile? (spelling)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In a much needed update on this topic, today Representative Ellison has officially announced his bid for leadership of the DNC.

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) on Monday formally launched his bid to become the next chairman of the Democratic National Committee, offering a show of strength by simultaneously releasing the endorsements of 40 elected officials, state party chairmen and labor leaders.

“Democrats win when we harness the power of everyday people and fight for the issues they care about,” Ellison said in a statement. “It is not enough for Democrats to ask for voters' support every two years. We must be with them through every lost paycheck, every tuition hike, and every time they are the victim of a hate crime. When voters know what Democrats stand for, we can improve the lives of all Americans.”

It was clear from the outset that he was a favorite for the position among liberal advocacy groups and lawmakers, including Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.), the runner-up in this year's Democratic presidential primaries.

But Ellison has also already won the backing of some establishment party figures, including outgoing Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid (Nev.), who announced his support on Sunday, and Reid’s expected successor, Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.).

Keith Ellison makes DNC bid official, rolls out 40 endorsements

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Great to hear that Ellison is gaining support.Way better than Dean who I'm sure is already talking to Bill and $Hill about being an adviser for Chelsea.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
OP, your president elect has told you to stop it.

Seriously though, he seems qualified. That's how I make my decision. I look up their record of public service to see if they stand by their word and make sure their voting record reflects my beliefs.

I don't just vote for random celebrities who come out of nowhere blowing smoke up my butt while they lay on a thick facade of changes to the status quo and ultimately pull the greatest bait and switch ever by installing the same Washington insiders who got us into this mess like some people...thanks a lot guys!!!!
edit on 14-11-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Great to hear that Ellison is gaining support.Way better than Dean who I'm sure is already talking to Bill and $Hill about being an adviser for Chelsea.

I hope he'll be better than Dean, but Dean was pretty successful as DNC Chairman. He made sure they actually challenged candidates everywhere, even in heavily conservative areas. I don't think it's a coincidence that after he left, the Republican Party took over Congress and started taking over everything at the State and local level.

Either way, the left wing needs put aside its differences & work together if we're actually intending to make a comeback.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If the democrats actually care about racism then Ellison is out..
Today was not good for Ellisons chances...

talkingpointsmemo.com...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Does the ADL have a lot of influence over who the DNC pick?

edit on 2-12-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: less is more

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet
a reply to: Christosterone

Does the ADL have a lot of influence over who the DNC pick?

Typically democrats use the adl as a bludgeon against conservatives...

Yes, to a certain extent, being labeled as having "disqualifying remarks" is a big deal for a party whose own identity is shaped by race and gender…
So defamation is a big factor when considering who will head their party especially knowing how much they have leaned on those issues historically...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
You're obsessed with Islam.

Try harder.

Last time I checked the Republican Party wasn't appointing an Islamist to head our party…

So who is more obsessed?

-Chris

Religion shouldn't even be thought of when a person is considered for a job. That is unless you are one of those deluded people that thinks America should only be run by Christians.

why are you so hung up on Xians?

First of all it's Christians not Xians and my problem isn't with them but rather the evangelicos who know jack# about what Jesus taught much less practice what he preached.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join