It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Muslim set to take over the Democratic National Committee?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Interestingly it was rural America majority the one that gave Trump the vote, yes they are very much Christians and they are very much supporters of religion, but ignorant fools they are not, I know I live in the south, and rural southern states are not all white.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Burqas are super liberal. So is the most oppressive religion on the planet.

And thats why Trump won, lefties. Its a direct reaction to what you are doing.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It is truth, the bible is very violent, but is mostly the old testament that is the history of the humble beginnings of the Hebrews.

Now even if the Man is Muslim and very well prepared when it comes to his credentials to lead the DNC, he will have to deal with public opinion.

Public opinion happen to generate the votes in America.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Burqas are super liberal. So is the most oppressive religion on the planet.

And thats why Trump won, lefties. Its a direct reaction to what you are doing.

I think, when it comes to Muslims, they see on TV and on the internet Suicide bombers blowing themselves and innocent standers-by to kingdom come because ... I dunno.... their sister talked to a friggin Sunni and not a Shiite....wtf knows...What I do know, is that I guarantee you this, when they DO see it, they are saying "awwww hell no, that aint happenin in MY country"... and they would be right.
edit on 12-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Don't be sorry, this only cemented my desire to become none religious establishment supporter and learn as much about religion as I could, because I could not follow what I never even as a child could support.

I made sure that I married a man that was with the same views as me and my children were brought with the freedom to chose whatever they wanted to worship as adults.

I do respect my father and never debate religion with him until this day.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

For the record, you seem to be misunderstanding something about the DNC.

It is a private organization not a public office.

It's funny how people claim to be experts on the Constitution but don't even know when and where it applies.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

(post by buster2010 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neo96

Sure they do that's why they threw the diehard Christian to the side and voted for a person that has broken just about all the commandments

Well we sure know that Team Clinton broke:

Thou shou not steal.

Thou shall not murder.

Thou shall not commit adultery.

Still haven't figured out why the left lost this go round. I see.

I wasn't talking about Clinton i was talking about Cruz. I keep forgetting that TCK's need everything explained to them.

Well I was.

Even left out the bear of false witness against thy neighbor.

Trump critics have absolutely no moral high ground here.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wish i lived in an America that this wasn't seen as provocative. But I don't. And the fact that this is even happening shows me that the Democratic party just does not get it.

I'd love to embrace them. And for me, personally, the religious faith of their leader is irrelevant. But to the folks I call "neighbor" out here in the sticks, this is a poke in the eye.

The only way the DNC will win another election any time soon is if they get more people to urbanize. Because this is a step in the opposite direction from the people who voted for Trump.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Sure they do that's why they threw the diehard Christian to the side and voted for a person that has broken just about all the commandments

Well we sure know that Team Clinton broke:

Thou shou not steal.

Thou shall not murder.

Thou shall not commit adultery.

Still haven't figured out why the left lost this go round. I see.

I wasn't talking about Clinton i was talking about Cruz. I keep forgetting that TCK's need everything explained to them.

Well I was.

Even left out the bear of false witness against thy neighbor.

Trump critics have absolutely no moral high ground here.

Typical tkc tactic can't refute it make something up and run with it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And just WHAT was made up ?

www.10commandmentslist.com...

Trump critics have broken every one of those in spades.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Wow, and this is what is wrong with conservatives. Who knows what is going to happen to the DNC but its really sad that you people are attacking someone based on religion. Also very ironic because conservatives are the same crowd that believes everyone is attacking their religion and religious rights.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

For the record, you seem to be misunderstanding something about the DNC.

It is a private organization not a public office.

It's funny how people claim to be experts on the Constitution but don't even know when and where it applies.

Context is king. I said:

Ironically, the US Constitution even bans religious tests for federal positions (Article VI, Clause 3). So when combined with the First Amendment's "freedom of religion" clause, it appears that the US Constitution is supportive of this move as well.

Do you understand what it means for evidence or testimonies to be "supportive of" something? I literally laid out 2 examples from the Constitution that support the idea that religion shouldn't matter in this case.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I cant say I am surprised by this thread. The hate is strong right now. If Sanders and Warren say he is good to go for the job I am on board. Unlike some people I don't give a # about your religion only your actions.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Unlike some people I don't give a # about your religion only your actions.

I agree with that statement.

But I would like to see less religion being pushed in politics.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I cant say I am surprised by this thread. The hate is strong right now. If Sanders and Warren say he is good to go for the job I am on board. Unlike some people I don't give a # about your religion only your actions.

Maybe you will answer me.

Why is he the only person in the media who is followed by his religious tag as much as by his party affiliation tag?

Because if the intent is to not worry about religion, then you would treat his like every other politician's which is to say that I would have to go and look it up. Instead, in pretty near every article where he is mentioned (and I linked to one earlier), he is listed as Keith Ellison (D) and Muslim. No other Congressman is ideintified in this way. They do not say Nancy Pelosi (D) and Catholic every time she is brought up no matter what they issue is, and in fact, in the article I linked, he was being discussed solely as being a contender for the DNC Chair. So, if religion in unimportant to that position, and I agree that it is ... why list him that way? It doesn't matter what his religion is, but they went out of their way to tell us anyhow.
edit on 12-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

In the court of public opinion religion is still a big issue in the US, that is a fact.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
*shrug* It's a ploy by the Dems to seem 'all inclusive.' He can't be any worse than Wasserman.

Ellison strikes me as more of a politician than anything else. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Christosterone

Is it possible that the Dems are simply hiring someone based on their credentials having little or nothing to do with their religious beliefs?

Especially when you consider the fact that all of the monotheistic faiths are very flawed.

Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran.

They may feel Ellison is the best choice, that's there prerogative. However trying to claim Islam doesn't have issue nowadays is disingenuous.
Which major Religion is currently involved in a Religious civil war and a religious war against every other religion? Islam is the only religion that fills that bill at the current time. What religion as has the worst Guy and women's rights issues?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Simple it will rile up some people allowing more eyes on which equals more money. Look at this thread a TON of people are solely focused on his religion but they might be possible going to the source for more info.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join