It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is a Muslim set to take over the Democratic National Committee?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No manners? Absolutely. I DO have no manners, I will agree.

But, if he wants me to take anything he has to say seriously, then as far as I'm concerned, he has plenty to prove to me. I'm not whining and I simply don't care what you OR he thinks. That wont change my outlook that, until he proves some level of intellect to me, I simply regard it as noise and process it accordingly.

ETA: You opened yourself up to anyone "coming to you" the moment you decided to champion the cause of someone else by errantly professing that he had nothing to prove to anyone. So you bet I'm gonna take you to task on that.
edit on 13-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

But, if he wants me to take anything he has to say seriously, then as far as I'm concerned, he has plenty to prove to me. I'm not whining and I simply don't care what you OR he thinks. That wont change my outlook that, until he proves some level of intellect to me, I simply regard it as noise and process it accordingly.

Give it a rest

It is what it is

So you bet I'm gonna take you to task on that.

edit on 11/13/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
You're obsessed with Islam.

Try harder.

Last time I checked the Republican Party wasn't appointing an Islamist to head our party…

So who is more obsessed?

-Chris

Appointing a Muslim is not the same thing as appointing an Islamist. You're an ignorant bigot, with emphasis on the ignorant if you think Trump is going to go through with all the policies he campaigned on. Furthermore, Leviticus says people should stone someone to death for working on Sunday, so I'm not sure where you're getting all righteous from. If it's from the fact that Islam has more wrong with it today than Christianity does, sure, but that doesn't mean this fellow couldn't have more liberal values than most American Christian republican conservatives, and the fact that you can't put that together is what makes you a bigot.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Give it a rest

It is what it is

I guess like your buddy up there, you like talking just to hear yourself talk....it is what it is, that phrase has no meaning at all.

Ill rest when I damn well feel like it - not for you to decide. You are, however, free to ignore me which you don't seem to be willing to do...but here's to hoping.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ill rest when I damn well feel like it - not for you to decide. You are, however, free to ignore me which you don't seem to be willing to do...but here's to hoping.

Suit yourself. I can do this all night long. Or until we both get posting bans. You might be doing me a favor

I'm sure you do hope I ignore you - but here's exactly (and I mean exactly) why I won't

I love this place - for some reason. I like intelligent discussions. I seriously enjoy getting into it with people who are honest and have some integrity - and understand what manners are

Frankly - I am sick and tired of people who are needy, arrogant and demanding. If you are snotty to me - or somebody I like and respect - you get what you get

If you have something meaningful to say and want to stick to the topic, then say something meaningful, intelligent - and stay on topic

If you just need everyone to pay attention to you, and you're not willing to be polite - you get what you get

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

You say a whole lot of nothing.

It's not really your place to jump to someone elses defense NOR make the assumption that anyone questioning another poster should be ignored because in YOUR view "they have nothing to prove"....this website was engineered upon the premise that proof and information is a valuable commodity and I find YOU to be mannerless by stating anyone who asks for someone to prove themselves should be ignored.

So do me a favor, love the website, love ATS and love all the things about this place that you choose to, but please do ignore ME, as a last favor to me since this is getting ridiculous and I'm going to end it here so that it can get back on topic for those that want to continue the conversation.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

...this website was engineered upon the premise that proof and information is a valuable commodity and I find YOU to be mannerless by stating anyone who asks for someone to prove themselves should be ignored.

You chose to confront me for no good reason. So...you don't even believe what you're saying

So do me a favor, love the website, love ATS and love all the things about this place that you choose to, but please do ignore ME, as a last favor to me since this is getting ridiculous and I'm going to end it here so that it can get back on topic for those that want to continue the conversation.

You really should have taken your own advice and ignored me earlier

I was reading along in this thread - and some of it was actually intelligent. Why don't you go ahead and get back on topic then - I'm sure everyone would appreciate that

Toodles

:-)
edit on 11/14/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: earlier :-)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Appointing a Muslim is not the same thing as appointing an Islamist.

That may be true, if you want to nitpick, but there is no real practical distinction, for this discussion. If Islam can be used to describe the community of Faith of Mohammad, and a Muslim described as a follower or submission to the Will of Islam and by extension the will of god, then it can be posited that the distinction here is nominal. At least in the way he used it.

You're an ignorant bigot, with emphasis on the ignorant if you think Trump is going to go through with all the policies he campaigned on.

Wait, let me get this straight, someone is now defined as a bigot because they believe that the incoming administration will actually crystallize their campaign promise? That's pretty funny to me.

Furthermore, Leviticus says people should stone someone to death for working on Sunday,

yea. And the bible also said some guy in the sky's son walked on water and turned water into wine. I'm thinking the bible ... I take that back ... that all religions are chock full of alchemists.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
To be fair if they are a US citizen then the government can not bar a Muslim from serving as that would violate the 1st Amendment.

Only voters can stop there election of a Muslim.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm confident what's really underlying this is the desire for this to become a Christian Nation. Which is, of course, precisely not what the Founding Fathers established. Christians get elected. No problem. Someone from a different religion and the sky is falling.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

You've got nothing to prove enlightenedservant - we know you

Thanks.

originally posted by: alphabetaone

You've got nothing to prove enlightenedservant - we know you

Wrong...he has plenty to prove to me, I don't him from shinola

Though you can go kick rocks for all I care. I'm not jumping through hoops for anyone, and going by your previous posts, I wouldn't want your approval anyway. If a jerk thinks I'm in the right, then I'm probably doing something wrong.

Besides, what do any of your posts have to do with the topic? This thread is about Representative Keith Ellison possibly being the new leader of the DNC.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, honestly...

:-)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
then I'm probably doing something wrong.

Yea, probably.

Besides, what do any of your posts have to do with the topic? This thread is about Representative Keith Ellison possibly being the new leader of the DNC.

Everything, you jumped on me questioning my challenge to you about religions actual relevance versus perceived relevance. Go hold your pity party elsewhere and read back through the thread if you want to establish context....it's not my job to keep reminding you, especially when I keep a mental track of anything I DO decide to reply to accurately.

Besides, you've got that all wrong, just like most everything else you've posted thus far in here...the topic is about a Muslim set to take control of the DNC...the TITLE is the topic, and anything in relation to that end has everything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

My words:

Your response:

Besides, you've got that all wrong, just like most everything else you've posted thus far in here...the topic is about a Muslim set to take control of the DNC...

You do know that Representative Keith Ellison is the Muslim that the OP is referring to, right? And he's not set to take over the DNC (like you said); he's possibly set to take over the DNC (like I said). The thread title has 2 "clues" to this for those with even a slight understanding of English and grammar:
1. The very first word of the title is "Is". That means it's asking a question, not stating a fact.

2. The title ends with a question mark, which also means it's asking a question, not stating a fact.

If you actually looked deeper into this issue, you'd see that at the time of this thread's creation, Ellison hadn't even said if he'd accept the offer yet. The last I'd seen, both Howard Dean (a former DNC Chairman) and Martin O'Malley have also been considered for the job. And since the new leadership wouldn't become official until sometime next year (barring unforeseen circumstances), this is all pretty moot.

Why are you trying so hard to derail the thread?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see what the problem is the OP is complaining about.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

So you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

My words:

Your response:

Besides, you've got that all wrong, just like most everything else you've posted thus far in here...the topic is about a Muslim set to take control of the DNC...

You do know that Representative Keith Ellison is the Muslim that the OP is referring to, right? And he's not set to take over the DNC (like you said); he's possibly set to take over the DNC (like I said). The thread title has 2 "clues" to this for those with even a slight understanding of English and grammar:
1. The very first word of the title is "Is". That means it's asking a question, not stating a fact.

2. The title ends with a question mark, which also means it's asking a question, not stating a fact.

If you actually looked deeper into this issue, you'd see that at the time of this thread's creation, Ellison hadn't even said if he'd accept the offer yet. The last I'd seen, both Howard Dean (a former DNC Chairman) and Martin O'Malley have also been considered for the job. And since the new leadership wouldn't become official until sometime next year (barring unforeseen circumstances), this is all pretty moot.

Why are you trying so hard to derail the thread?

First of all, stop talking to me as though I'm some neophyte trying to work up a resume.

Secondly, it's not my thread I'm regurgitating the title....the title questioning if a Muslim is set to take control of the DNC.

Thirdly, youre throwing fluff argument into your response to give the appearance that you are actually more well informed, that amounts to absolutely nothing.

Lastly, your inability to glean ANY valuable information from context says a lot about you, and why I take nothing you say seriously thus far.

Why are YOU so emotionally involved in a thread that you call moot and responding to me if you think I'm derailing anything... I suggest that it is YOU who are trying to derail the thread which is why I responded to your childish "wuttttttt" antics in the first place.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I called this a year ago....she should have put him on the ticket...she would have won.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In my state, if a city can't meet its financial obligations or can't handle its own affairs whether because of misfeasance, malfeasance or corruption or abuse of power, it gets taken over by the state. They appoint a controlling board to handle their affairs and to straighten out their accounts. The DNC is far from bankrupt, but they have shown to be unable to handle their own affairs. Why not have a committee appointed to clean them up and to get their affairs in order.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
In my state, if a city can't meet its financial obligations or can't handle its own affairs whether because of misfeasance, malfeasance or corruption or abuse of power, it gets taken over by the state. They appoint a controlling board to handle their affairs and to straighten out their accounts. The DNC is far from bankrupt, but they have shown to be unable to handle their own affairs. Why not have a committee appointed to clean them up and to get their affairs in order.

I would say it's likely because the DNC is a private organization.

It's somewhat of an apples and oranges comparison. Yet, they probably should bring in SOMEONE to clean them up...it just cant be forced upon them.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

In the last census I said my religion was the Justice league, and as a member of the Justice league I am appalled at the derision that my religion is forced to endure.

Yes some of my fellow members have committed certain dubious acts but those people do not represent the entirety of the Justice League. Lex Luthor has run a very dirty campaign and so has the JLA to a lesser extent but do we blame Green Arrow for something Superman did?

If Aquaman is the right man for the job, hire him for his expertise and not because he comes from under the sea if you catch my drift.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join