It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH LIVE: NYC crowd marches against election of Donald Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As Hillary said some time ago..........

They need to be brought to heel.

Wonderful.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
They are Borg, and now the subspace signal that sends instructions to the collective has been severed Since last night when Trump stopped the Wedding between Uncle Sam & The Borg Queen!

So that is why they are milling around without a clear directive.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hermit777

No reports on that yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's a shame that grown adults have to act like this.

I call it poor loser syndrome, adults acting out like babies.

I guess we could blame their parents for not rearing them correctly.

I support Trump, had he lost the election I would have done nothing and moved forward and accepted the results.

Perhaps properganda TV is also to blame for being so bias.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not sure when the last time anyone got a majority of the vote of all eligible voters. Due to our abysmal voter turnout, I would imagine it has been some time indeed. This election it looks something like this in terms of the percentages of eligible voters:

46.9 - didn't vote (wtf)
25.6 - voted Clinton
25.5 - voted Trump

(the current margin according to the NYT is about 200k for Clinton)

As far as the popular vote goes, in the last three elections prior to this, the winner got a majority of the popular vote:

2012 - 51.06%
2008 - 52.93%
2004 - 50.73%

Personally, I'm uncomfortable with populist rhetoric about "mandates by the people" and yes, that would include Obama saying it. In this case though, it would be an even less defensible claim (it'll be some number around 47%).

It was inevitable that roughly half the voters were going to feel disinfranchised after this election I suppose. We have little choice but to live through it. I can tell you though that it's a very different experience from "this side" than it was in 2004 or even in 2000 when the sentiment was that the election had been stolen. There's a lot of anxiety.
edit on 2016-11-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

When the looting starts and the newscasters get offed. They will change their minds, and push for calm.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Reports of multiple shots fired at this.. Euronews.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Hey I am with you on the mandate thing. I will do you one better, I think many people that voted for Trump and Hillary actually didn't like them, and actually were protesting against the other candidate, so by know means is that a mandate.

But Trump and the Republicans won. When Obama was in, he expanded executive authority massively, and did went out on his own. Now the Republicans won and will get the same opportunity.

Now I hope that he reigns in this executive power, and tries to work with people from all sides, but we shall see.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but I do not.

Not even sure it's related to the protests.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Which is 25% of the total population that voted HRC and maybe 0.1% of HRC voters, 0.025% or 0.0025% protesting of the US population
yea that is just so bloody lame, the kids don't realize they are being used.

edit on 9-11-2016 by Hermit777 because: numbers

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't know about you, but I do not.

Not even sure it's related to the protests.

Appears not to be it was away from the protest.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She isn't playing fair, i haven't heard her call for calm, and its easily done .These flash mobs have suddenly turned up all over the country. Reasonable people would have done that at the first onset. Unless that's the way they wanted it to go.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Reports sat a man having an argument...shot into the crowd as he ran away. Police say they do not think it was related to the protest.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Cnn interviewing more protestors. They are saying blood will need to be spilled on both sides, that Trump is a racist and must be fought at all costs, that he will never be legitimate.

Remember when Obama won and the other side did these things? Oh wait they didn't. But remember, the left is the group of peace and love.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm not sure why you would assume that I'm ignorant of civics or unconcerned with the Constitution but you would be wrong.

A healthy chunk of my voting against Donald Trump was on 1A, 4A, 8A and 14A issues. I'm actually a supporter of gun ownership as well though I don't have a particular problem with expanded background checks within reason as long as their is a clear mechanism for correcting erroneous data. Though to be honest, I think it would largely be a wasted investment of resources.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So long as I don't have to pay for their lives anymore I don't care if these clowns march around for the next 8 years or off a cliff.
edit on 9-11-2016 by BigTownSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

yea Irony can be ironic.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm not sure why you would assume that I'm ignorant of civics or unconcerned with the Constitution but you would be wrong.

A healthy chunk of my voting against Donald Trump was on 1A, 4A, 8A and 14A issues. I'm actually a supporter of gun ownership as well though I don't have a particular problem with expanded background checks within reason as long as their is a clear mechanism for correcting erroneous data. Though to be honest, I think it would largely be a wasted investment of resources.

Fair enough.

I too voted on those same issues. Just for different reasons.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Just going to throw this out there. This was 2012:

The Gateway Pundit - Donald Trump: “Election Is a Total Sham and a Travesty”

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

100,000 votes is not a significant margin.

I can tell you now, that is being looked into.
Lots of double, dead, fake etc.
There is a large number of votes in Israel ( largest concentration of non-Government U.S. citizens) as well as tens of thousands of military votes are yet to be counted.

The Left has no majority popular vote.

Buck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join