It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH LIVE: NYC crowd marches against election of Donald Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

See, this is part of the problem.

You up there on your island are so insular that you forget there is an entire country that doesn't think and/or live like you do.

A lot of people in New York think of them with contempt as somehow less, but really, the only difference is that you folks live in a city and we live in the country, but pack us together and there are still more of us.
Actually, your issue is assuming I'm not aware of that, but thank you for your presumptions... I work in data analysis and have a background in macro policy analysis, so it might behoove you to not assume anything... You are right that there are some problematic people who look down on rural or small town folks. But there are also rural folks who try to project anti urban stereotypes.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So most of these protestors are apparently saying they are Bernie supporters. So now that bernie supporters are back to bashing Trump, they are worth covering indepth by the main stream media.

Remember when Bernie supporters were protesting at the Democratic convention. See the main stream media didn't feel like that was worth covering. But now these Bernie people need to be heard.

Glad to see the MSM hasn't been shamed into changing their tactics.
True.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

These are more fake protesters. The Yellow signs, are the same signs you can find at all of the recent George Soros funded "protests."

George is NOT happy that he wasted all of that money trying to destroy our country, and failed.

Answer Coalition

The same criminals that created all of the anti-Trump "protests" and violence, are at it again. The globalist traitors are so upset right now. I fear for Trump.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hermit777
a reply to: marg6043

I agree with you on this.. but now i must stop.

so Takecare all tomorrow is another day.

Oscar Out...

Mr. Hughes?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

We haven't had 8 years of liberal policies. We've had 8 years of a democrat president and most of that time with an obstructionist congress where very little liberal policies have actually gotten done.

Obamacare? That was created by a conservative, and then conservatives hated it just because Obama made it.

Bailing out the banks? That's hardly a liberal wealth distribution policy.

TPP and TTIP? Not liberal.

Obama was interventionist, hardly what you would consider a "liberal" trait.

What specific policies have been particularly liberal? Anti-gun rhetoric? That thing that's not policy but just words? Obama refusing to say "Islamic terror", again, the kind of thing that is rhetoric and not policy.

The only things that come to mind are the climate change agreement and the deals with Iran and Cuba.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't think people get it riots vandalism hurts any cause. Protests over who won an election is the exact reason Trump won. These groups believe there wants supercedes everyone else's they are somehow more important. Problem is fly over country is just tired. They see things as they need to change we see all to often a group trying to push there beliefs on others. Compromise isn't an option look at any issue for example guns. People believe no one should own guns. It's not enough that they can choose not to buy one they want to make sure no one can. Move on to health care everyone should have to pay for everything like contraception doesn't matter if they need it or not. What we are seeing is a backlash to people trying to push there beliefs on others.

Here is the reality we are all amarican's doesn't matter if you are Democrat republican or other. We live in a Republic and we vote to put representatives in office. Just because your candid ate lost doesn't mean it's over. There are plenty of options run for city council or take the time to write congressman. If something is wrong start a movement to correct it. Help the homeless take part in your community. Without people caring about what happened around them and expecting others to solve thongs for you will get you no where. If your only concerned with how things run every four years than don't expect a change. Last part of my rant you can't force your ideas on others sometimes it takes compromise sometimes it takes persuasion but I'll say making a scene isn't going to bring people around to your point of view. If you can't convince others your point of view is right than maybe you need to rethink your point of view. I have republican friends there convinced I'm a communist but when are argue a point and explain my views they reluctantly admit I'm right.
edit on 11/10/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
a reply to: TrueAmerican

We haven't had 8 years of liberal policies. We've had 8 years of a democrat president and most of that time with an obstructionist congress where very little liberal policies have actually gotten done.

Obamacare? That was created by a conservative, and then conservatives hated it just because Obama made it.

Bailing out the banks? That's hardly a liberal wealth distribution policy.

TPP and TTIP? Not liberal.

Obama was interventionist, hardly what you would consider a "liberal" trait.

What specific policies have been particularly liberal? Anti-gun rhetoric? That thing that's not policy but just words? Obama refusing to say "Islamic terror", again, the kind of thing that is rhetoric and not policy.

The only things that come to mind are the climate change agreement and the deals with Iran and Cuba.

liberal policies? The bathroom bills passed even with Obama as President. You know, the ones our current VP pushed.
edit on 10-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
At what point does an angry mob surrounding the president elects house become a national security problem? Protestors better not get violent.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

but it appears they may heading towards

It's your thread, you can't be bothered watching a 2 hr video to see "where they are headed". Why should we waste our time

Will this turn violent?...Hope not.

You tell us, it's your thread...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hehe it was live when he was posting.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

These protests are huge

1000, 2000, 5000, what do you define as huge in a country of 319 million?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: EchoesInTime

1000, 2000, 5000, what do you define as huge in a country of 319 million?

A Trump Rally is apparently huge.
edit on 10-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well then he should have put more info out there by watching the whole 2 hrs, we're not doing his work for him. I though with the election over ATS might lift it's standard. Apparently not

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Democrats protesting democracy.....oh the irony.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And vice versa. Trump was crying about the election being rigged right up until Election Day!! Funny how Trump and his supporters have shut up about now that he's won.

And ironically enough, Trump supporters have already been arrested for voter fraud but of course the conservative camp is quiet about that too.

It's highly likely that the election was rigged, just not well enough.

Allegedly (and I've not got a good source for this hence the disclaimer, though I am fully prepared to believe it) the "public majority" for Clinton came out of the states that had already been identified as high risk for voter fraud. In the states that had more secure voting procedures, that lead didn't materialise.

So, she may not even legitimately hold the majority public vote.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Can't say I'm not surprised at the protests happening. I saw this coming just like a good many others have as well.

What I can't recall is protests happening after the 2008 or 2012 election. Oh never mind finally found one for 2012.

Anti-Obama Protest at Ole Miss Turns Unruly

I'm sure there has to be more of them. But I can't recall anyone being shot or cars being set on fire.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Don't disparage left-over meatloaf.I love meatloaf.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

but it appears they may heading towards

It's your thread, you can't be bothered watching a 2 hr video to see "where they are headed". Why should we waste our time

Will this turn violent?...Hope not.

You tell us, it's your thread...

I shouldn't have to explain...but it seems you're in need of lil help and some special attention.

I posted the live link shortly after the protest began as a march miles away...and have been watching and commenting during the march and as they reached Trump Tower.

Even a half-assed effort of looking at the thread, on your part, would've made this obvious.

Hope that clears things up for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

What I meant was unless it's my personal job or trade or livelihood being attacked, there would have to be major civil disruption physically affecting me before I could get involved in a real protest. You know something like occupy wall street on a grander scale. Otherwise I couldn't afford the time. Those not working if they care to protest, might sound like a good idea.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join