It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

WATCH LIVE: NYC crowd marches against election of Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So does anybody know how many people are demonstrating out there tonight?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Aww...it's raining. Most of these proud lil warriors will be back in mom's basement in the Bronx, eating leftover meat loaf by midnight.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So does anybody know how many people are demonstrating out there tonight?

Not sure. How many university students and unemployed people are within a subway ride from the location. Take that number and subtract half for people that don't care and subtract another 25% of people that are too stoned to go out and the number might be something like that.

Disclaimer: the above statement was meant for entertainment only and was not a scientifically conducted study.

link   
Protest or not, they will wake up tomorrow and still have Trump for POTUS-elect.
I felt the same acceptance for Obama after a few days into his first go around.
Wasn't my choice but I had to respect the choice that was made.

edit on 9-11-2016 by havok because: words :MNKY:

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I would think that she might be more desperate than we think, obsessed in fact. She might have hoodwinked the impressionable. Like I said loosing wasn't an option, and I doubt weather she has heard any conciliatory tones from Donald with regards to locking her up....so this might be a foretaste of what she is capable of. I would guess she needs indemnity for her and Bills past sins at this stage before she goes quietly.

link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It's good you added that disclaimer. If it's one thing we learned this cycle - polls are crap!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
please.... this is just an excuse to riot and loot stuff from stores

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
CNN asked some of them why they were protesting, they had absolutely no clue why they were protesting.

They don't like Trump I got that. But other than that they said something about the polls being wrong, wanting to know who all of the people were he was bringing together, wanted to support friends, etc.

They have no clue that they the protestors and their arrogance and people like them are a huge reason why people got fed up and voted for Trump.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They just had Michael Moore taking a selfie.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I've already stated my position and I'm not here to pick a fight. It's done now and people need to accept the result and turn their attention to the future. I do however want to take issue with what you're saying. Take from it what you will.

"exactly what the American people wanted"

Last time I checked, Trump was behind in the popular vote. That means that a majority of Americans who voted did not in fact want the result. I'm not here to argue for or against the existence of the electoral college either but trying to spin this as a "popular mandate" from the people simply isn't factually correct.
edit on 2016-11-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I could very easily direct them to quotes saying he wants to unite this entire country, all races. But they would continue to deny it...waste of time arguing with them.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to: Grambler

Interesting. With the polls and all the MSM chest pounding they all thought for sure they had it in the bag, so then when they lost it really was an UPSET... and that's on the MSM too. Like I said they should be protesting the MSM the New Yorkers that is.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Dude. These leftist loonies are the equivalent of far right militias, they should not speak for an entire political spectrum of people.

However, these are exactly the kind of people pushing me away from the Democratic Party.

Supporting a traitor for President!

edit on 9-11-2016 by PauHana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

100,000 votes is not a significant margin.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Now they're chanting "gays rights are human rights". I missed the memo where Trump did something to the gay community.

Ha. The chant rolled right from "gays rights are human rights" to "F Mike Pence".
edit on 9-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Considering Pence backed down at the 11th hour ... it's not like he did anything more than scare gays.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Whether the margin in 5k, 100k or 500k (which IIRC is how much more of the popular vote Gore had), it is still a larger number than the other.

No matter how "insignificant" you find 100,000 people to be, the fact remains that more people voted for Clinton than did for Trump. That's just those who voted for the two major party candidates. Add to that the number of people who voted for a 3rd party candidate or wrote a name in and you've got millions more.

There's no way to turn that into:

"this is exactly what the people wanted."

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

He's embraced the LGBTQIA+ community more than any other Republican even I hear. They just want to scream and march so they feel they're a part of something.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: projectvxn

I've already stated my position and I'm not here to pick a fight. It's done now and people need to accept the result and turn their attention to the future. I do however want to take issue with what you're saying. Take from it what you will.

"exactly what the American people wanted"

Last time I checked, Trump was behind in the popular vote. That means that a majority of Americans who voted did not in fact want the result. I'm not here to argue for or against the existence of the electoral college either but trying to spin this as a "popular mandate" from the people simply isn't factually correct.

Dude quoting the popular vote when the difference is 300,000 out of 59 million each and she won california lol sad

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The USA is a constitutional republic, not a democracy. Doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join