It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Riffrafter

I hope President-elect Trump has a "mind" and moves things forward.

Overturning Roe V Wade and declaring a fertilized egg's rights to life is more sacred than a woman's right to autonomy, which is what Trump and the GOP have promised, is NOT moving forward, it's moving backwards.

Did you vote for that? Did you vote for back alley abortions? Did you vote for woman to lose contraceptive options? Did you vote for more teen pregnancy? If not then speak out! Donald Trump and the GOP are NOT the Second Coming of Christ.

I never said he was the 2nd coming.

As a matter of fact, I am not a Trump fan. Never have been.

But I, and many others are *sick* of the status quo and could not vote for that lying, corrupt woman. So we voted our only other choice.

Unless you're saying that I should have just held my nose and voted for her anyway.

If that's the case, I understand.

But I won't -and didn't - do that. And neither did many others as is obvious by the election results.

Wake up people. We have - and we have arrived.

And we are not leaving. Not now, not ever. And we VOTE.

Get used to it.

edit on 11/10/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

And we are not leaving. Not now, not ever. And we VOTE.

So everybody else loses their voice after an election? Remember, the PEOPLE spoke and Hillary won the popular vote, but lost the electoral college.

Did YOU vote for back alley abortions? More teen pregnancies? Did you vote for giving a fertilized egg more rights than the woman that it belongs to?

Do you think that you can't have an opinion outside of party lines, because of your devotion to Trump? Or, are you really in favor of alienating women from their own autonomy?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You're not paying attention windword.

You're so busy with being up on your "soapbox" that you don't see what's right under your nose.

And until you open your eyes, discussion is pointless.

You're smart....you have a mind.

Please use it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Why can't you address the contents of my posts and address my questions to you?

Are you afraid to take a personal stand? Afraid to think for yourself and draw conclusions that may be outside of party lines? What are you afraid of?

Are you afraid that The People will speak up and stop the GOP from enacting these threats?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

We come a long way, this idea that we woman can not get birth control under Trump is idiotic, where have you been for the last 50 years.

No even the religious fundamentalist has been able to get rid of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

why should your work pay for your cancer treatment???
why should the taxpayer pay for your kids because your work couldn't find it their heart to insure your birth control?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

No even the religious fundamentalist has been able to get rid of it.

But they have been relentless in their efforts and now they have a clear path to do it, with the GOP controlling the White House and both Houses.

Donald Trump promised to work toward overturning Roe V Wade.

The GOP has promised to enact a constitutional amendment giving rights to a fertilized egg, above and beyond the autonomy of a woman, making abortion federally illegal and would criminalize the IUD, The Pill, Plan B, etc., and making Roe V Wade irrelevant.

Those are facts. Don't stick your head in the sand, dear. Back alley abortions are returning.

edit on 10-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Why can't you address the contents of my posts and address my questions to you?

Are you afraid to take a personal stand? Afraid to think for yourself and draw conclusions that may be outside of party lines? What are you afraid of?

Are you afraid that The People will speak up and stop the GOP from enacting these threats?

I'm not afraid of anything. It's a fault of mine....

OK - I do not believe for one second that any of your fear mongering worries will come to pass. And I sense that you don't believe it either. So why post this crap?

That's a serious and genuine question.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That is the last of my worries, no even Bush 8 years was able to abolish abortion, windword is not going to happen.

You know that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

With specter of President Trump, who vowed to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the ACA, that now covers contraception, and with a predominately Republican Congress and House whose party platform promises to make abortion illegal by bestowing constitutional rights on the unborn, chances are that after January 21st, 2017, your access to contraception may be cut off!

You mean people will have to pay for stuff?

How very dare they! Don't they know that society cannot function if people are required to pay for stuff themselves?

Expecting somebody to take any form of responsibility for their own actions is the greatest and most wicked of infringements of civil liberties. Downright unconstitutional.

I bet all those Trump voters are regretting their decision now. You Trumpsters have made your own bed, you'll have to lie in it. In comfy pajamas, with silk sheets and big fluffy pillows, all bought using the money from the well-paid job you got after Trump Made America Great Again. I hope you feel really terrible knowing that, even as you lie there watching Firefly Season 2 on your 99" holographic TV, some Barista with a degree in Basket Weaving is being forced to pay for their own box of condoms.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That is the last of my worries, no even Bush 8 years was able to abolish abortion, windword is not going to happen.

Sounds like we have people comparing Trump to regular politicians again. This election should have PROVED to everyone that Donald Trump FAR more talented and successful in getting what he wants.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

think logically for a minute....
do you believe what was said about trump's tendency towards sexual assault and beyond??
he has marriages and then goes on to have affairs...
do ya think that maybe, just maybe all those affairs have had some unintended consequences that he might have had to take care of??
he might just see abortion as a useful friend!!!
in which case, he's not gonna do anything with it except what the male dominated legislators on both the federal and state levels have been doing....
passing legislation that they know will get shot down in the courts...
and, I don't care how biased they make the supreme court, they will never allow a law that doesn't protect the life and health of the mother.

and well, if you are so concerned, start writing to his wife.... she might feel the same way as you do about not wanting to live most of her adult life pregnant. and well, she probably holds the one thing that would convince trump not to do what you are saying he wants to....
no abortion, no birth control access....
no sex!!!
if women would hold that in their hearts....
the gov't would be handing out birth control free of charge!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You know that.

Nope. I know no such thing. I'm as serious as a heart attack about this. But, time will tell, and I hope I'm wrong. Will you speak out against it, should it come up?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

And Republicans are the fear mongers LOL

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I have no doubt that Trump has paid for dozens of abortions! But, that's not the point. The wealthy will always be able to have access to abortion, legal or not. Poor and middle class women will resort to illegal abortions.

Trump doesn't care about intellectual honesty. I believe that he'll bargain with woman's reproductive rights, which the GOP is frothing at the mouth to curtail, to get his wall, or some trade agreement.....

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is pure, unadulterated bull#. This is the year 2016 and I am so sick of people fear-mongering on wedge issues like this. Come on, think deeper. We are not going to back-slide on social issues FFS! Trump is a NYC playboy, reformed Democrat. He has tons of gay friends and runs in a fairly sophisticated social circle.

What needs to happen is that ATS and the rest of the country need to grasp that the old political paradigms are DEAD. They died on Nov 8th. The old coalitions are broken. # is not the same anymore and propaganda like this is just not going to work.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

And Republicans are the fear mongers LOL

Do you think that Trump was lying when he promised to appoint judges that would overturn Roe V Wade?

Do you the GOP is not serious about the RNC Platform on the Sanctity and Dignity of Life section?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

No. I think he was politicking and pandering.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
Sorry, but this is pure, unadulterated bull#. This is the year 2016 and I am so sick of people fear-mongering on wedge issues like this. Come on, think deeper. We are not going to back-slide on social issues FFS! Trump is a NYC playboy, reformed Democrat. He has tons of gay friends and runs in a fairly sophisticated social circle.

What needs to happen is that ATS and the rest of the country need to grasp that the old political paradigms are DEAD. They died on Nov 8th. The old coalitions are broken. # is not the same anymore and propaganda like this is just not going to work.

How is it fear mongering to base what you think of Trump and his policies on what he's said himself?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

How very dare they! Don't they know that society cannot function if people are required to pay for stuff themselves?

Expecting somebody to take any form of responsibility for their own actions is the greatest and most wicked of infringements of civil liberties. Downright unconstitutional.

no, there is a bigger infringement of civil liberties...
let me ask you something....
those who you see as not taking any form of responsibility, were they paying for their birth control before obmacare was in effect?? or are they holding medicaid cards and using them for their doctor's visits and prescriptions?

so let's cut that one out now....
if they have insurance, then they are taking more responsibility onto themselves than the ones who you are now giving birth control to!

so, what is the biggest infringement?? to have someone who is making enough money not to be eligible for medicaid, who then finds herself strapped for money, and then finds out that her insurance also doesn't cover the birth control that she's been told by the doctor she needs to prevent a pregnancy that would be life threatening for her... and she is sitting there looking at her grocery money, her rent money, her gas money, her utility money and wondering, just where she can come up with enough money to buy the birth control....
should be reduce the number of meals her family eats, should she risk being late with the rent and hope that the landlord is kind, maybe she could walk the few miles to work..... maybe they could go a time without electricity.....
while at the same time....she is looking at her paycheck stubs and the amount that is taken out in taxes and knowing.... that a portion of that is paying for those who just want what she really needs!!!!

so, you don't want your taxmoney paying for it, and you don't want her insurance covering it....
fine... then free up that little bit of money that she is being taken out of her paycheck to pay for other people's healthcare!!! the medicaid, the chips, the training for doctors and nurses, the research!!!
it's not healthy for a women to have baby after baby... it harms her body.... birth control should be considered a part of healthcare.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join