It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Back alley abortions. Man, you progressives are really starting to sound like the liberal version of a Glenn Beck.

What do you think will happen if the GOP enacts the constitutional amendment they're promising, and abortion becomes illegal? Do you think abortion will just go away?

How is not wanted to go back to 1950 "progressive"?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Prohibition of anything has never worked, even abortion. If Trump appoints someone who reverses Roe V Wade it's just forcing it back underground to the horrible conditions it used to be in.

Nothing will change except for more deaths. That and a whole new bootleg birth control pill industry with people putting god knows what in them. Enriching criminals and probably a lot of people in government.

You realize it is extremely unlikely roe vs wade will be overturned, yes? We have had at least 2 republican majorities in my lifetime .... the USA still has yet to devolve into a Christian-Totalitarian dystopia and they hav only banned partial birth abortions .

It would go back to being a state by state issue like it was before roe vs wade. Also, you will be expected to pay for your own birth control.

If having to pay for condoms or orthotricyclen is your idea of " prohibition" then i suggest you spend 2 years with cancer in a state where Cannabis is banned or in a nation where Abortificacients are illegal.
edit on 10-11-2016 by DeathShield because: The koch brothers paid me to do it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If women are forced to have children the men should have mandatory child support until the kid is 18. DNA testing no exceptions. Miss 2 payment...go to jail.

If that was the case pro choice wouldn't even be an issue. The men would gladly pay for the abortion and birthcontrol pills and plan B would be available like mints in any public place bars and post offices all paid for by the federal government.

There would be free vasectomy kiosks in every 7/11 and pool hall.

Then how about a compromise?

Having a baby is entirely the woman's choice. Men have no legal standing or Authority on the matter with regards to how she chooses to go through with it or not. The choice is entirely hers. But on the flip side, if she is planning on having the kid and wants help raising it, she is required by law to inform whomever she believes may be the father within 6 weeks of finding out she is pregnant, and a paternity test performed if there is doubt on either end. The father can then choose to have parental rights if he wants, or not. If he chooses the latter, he has absolutely zero authority in relation to that kids upbringing, and that woman still has time to get an abortion. If the father chooses the former, then it's business as usual. In this hypothetical situation, Abortion is fully legal within 24 weeks as per Roe v. Wade. This allows the woman an 18 week window to figure out if she is pregnant and decide if she wants to have the child, while maintaining parental rights or obligations, some of which are utterly devastating to men, for fathers.

Deal?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: rollanotherone

Back alley abortions. Man, you progressives are really starting to sound like the liberal version of a Glenn Beck.

What do you think will happen if the GOP enacts the constitutional amendment they're promising, and abortion becomes illegal? Do you think abortion will just go away?

How is not wanted to go back to 1950 "progressive"?

I know this wasn't aimed at me but... for those of us on the right, non medical abortion is considered regressive.

Keep in mind, the alternative to your suggestion is letting the fetus develop into an infant and then after about 15-16 years, post-infancy, they can become functional tax paying members of our society.

Which is worse do you think?

A dead fetus, or a fetus who was given a shot at life and had to live in foster care until 18?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OMG, I just heard that the FEMA camps are actually baby stables and that all women in their reproductive years are going to be sent their just to be forced sexual intercourse and have babies! and when they get to old and no one wants them anymore, then they will be turned into sandwiches for white men!

ITS TRUE! TRUMP WILL MAKE ALL GRANDMA'S INTO SANDWICHES FOR WHITE MEN!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathShield

So, you're in favor, then, of making all abortion on demand illegal, through a special constitutional amendment, like the GOP has promised?

Sorry to burst you moral bubble, but in that event, illegal (back alley) abortions will still happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathShield

originally posted by: underwerks
Prohibition of anything has never worked, even abortion. If Trump appoints someone who reverses Roe V Wade it's just forcing it back underground to the horrible conditions it used to be in.

Nothing will change except for more deaths. That and a whole new bootleg birth control pill industry with people putting god knows what in them. Enriching criminals and probably a lot of people in government.

You realize it is extremely unlikely roe vs wade will be overturned, yes? We have had at least 2 republican majorities in my lifetime .... the USA still has yet to devolve into a Christian-Totalitarian dystopia and they hav only banned partial birth abortions .

It would go back to being a state by state issue like it was before roe vs wade. Also, you will be expected to pay for your own birth control.

If having to pay for condoms or orthotricyclen is your idea of " prohibition" then i suggest you spend 2 years with cancer in a state where Cannabis is banned or in a nation where Abortificacients are illegal.

All I can base what I think is going to happen on is the ideas of the president-elect. Trump said himself he'd nominate people that are supportive of overturning Roe v Wade. What else am I supposed to base my opinion on? Some kind of vague notion that "It just won't happen"?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My word!

You would have thought no woman anywhere ever got her abortions or had any birth control prior to Obamacare!

How did we poor, put upon women manage it?

You manged it because the federal court decide in ROE vs WADE that women have the right to make decision about their body.

Trump will appoint a fundamentalism God fear judge to the court and ALL woment will be stripped of the right to :abortions. as many types of birth control that they have the imagination to list.

He also promised to punish women who have had abortions.

Its not about Obama care...it's about your right to choose being taken slowly away from you.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am not anti abortion, mainly because like drugs use, it will happen regardless of whatever laws are made. But man I do feel sorry for any individual that has to make that decision, it's just down right depressing.

Ever watched any abortions on video? Man oh man are they depressing and tragic.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: windword

We come a long way, this idea that we woman can not get birth control under Trump is idiotic, where have you been for the last 50 years.

No even the religious fundamentalist has been able to get rid of it.

You are correct. The reason this has been true is that for decades now the US has had presidents who believe in womens right and they select Judges who were balanced in their views. As president all Trumpette has to do change two budget line item: free contraception and defund abortions.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

the only abortions that are funded by the federal gov't is those that are actually needed for health reasons, and possibly due to rape, not sure....
as far as the free contraception, it's not actually free anyways is it?? there are means based programs that will provide it free, but if you are talking about obamacare or health insurance coverage...
it is not free!!! you are paying for the coverage, that yes, it provides many services free...
well, when compared to the other free services that are included in healthcare, I don't see birth control as being any less worthy than those, and the idea that we should be buying coverage that doesn't provide coverage is just refusing the position that birth control deserves to have.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

And we are not leaving. Not now, not ever. And we VOTE.

So everybody else loses their voice after an election? Remember, the PEOPLE spoke and Hillary won the popular vote, but lost the electoral college.

Did YOU vote for back alley abortions? More teen pregnancies? Did you vote for giving a fertilized egg more rights than the woman that it belongs to?

Do you think that you can't have an opinion outside of party lines, because of your devotion to Trump? Or, are you really in favor of alienating women from their own autonomy?

For the 10th - and final - time.

I am NOT a Trump fan - never have been.

What I am a fan of is stopping the BS - and your OP is nothing but BS.

Can you please stop the bull#?

It's nonsense...and offends the sensibilities of those who actually have a mind.

Thank you and have a great day!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So, you think Trump and the GOP are lying then? If you don't believe Trump's own words and the GOP platform promises, why did you vote for them?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Birth Control is crap.

If you don't want to catch anything including some hit me ups kid.

Don't Do It. Close your legs. Keep it in your pants. Now was that so difficult?

Learn self defense.

Don't be dumb.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

lol.... staying married once you decide you have enough kids might be!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
Birth Control is crap.

If you don't want to catch anything including some hit me ups kid.

Don't Do It. Close your legs. Keep it in your pants. Now was that so difficult?

Learn self defense.

Don't be dumb.

That's your advice, really?? Don't do it. Wow!!!

Here's an idea. How about you don't do it. You keep it in your pants.

While those of us who enjoy sex do what we want and take birth control so we can do it and not worry about having kids.

WTF does learn self defense have to do with it??? Is that about Rape???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So, you think Trump and the GOP are lying then? If you don't believe Trump's own words and the GOP platform promises, why did you vote for them?

Stop.

Just stop.

You're making an ass-hat out of yourself.

Seriously...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Stop.

Just stop.

You're making an ass-hat out of yourself.

Seriously...

I don't see that at all. Help me understand something. What are you judging Trump on if not by his words and ideas and those of the people he's considering appointing? I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I really want to know.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join