It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Ivanka could buddy up with Megyn Kelly and they could do some serious triage for this country - if Ivanka has the guts, that is. I wonder how close she is to Melania? And what about little Barron?

Oh well. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I really want to see what a Megyn Kelly that's free from Fox is like :-)

I'm sure she and Ivanka would have a hard time tag teaming to save America - what with Daddy hating Ms. Kelly and all. But who knows - right? :-)

This next year I'm going to try and not make too many predictions - it's like somebody turned the gravity off

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Did you see the movie? Gravity?

INTENSE. It makes you realize how fragile and alone we SEEM TO BE.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

And to overcome our fragility and aloneness, we unite to fight. Sister Giant

There's no stopping now.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I did - it was so intense. We definitely are vulnerable

And dependent on our environment

:-)

Don't get me started...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

And to overcome our fragility and aloneness, we unite to fight. Sister Giant

There's no stopping now.

Never heard of Sister Giant! Thank you!!
I'm getting my news from The Atlantic now. Their daily email is great for headlines, and the writing and editing are ALWAYS ALWAYS top-notch. Real journalism. Real facts and well-thought-out opinions by experts.

It is the closest thing to "real news" that I can find right now.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Good to know that about The Atlantic. Thanks!

The lies need to stop! Living in a post truth world, we need to find our way through, and cut down, the ugly weeds. "Stop the Lies!" .... it's going to be that much harder with Liar-In-Chief Trump, but it must be done.

Re Sister Giant... I hadn't heard of it before, but I like the idea. "We must not be passive. We must not be silent. We have much to do." I think we'll here more from this action in time.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OOp!

Trump national security pick Monica Crowley plagiarized multiple sources in 2012 book

sigh

shoulder slump

deep breath

edit on 1/7/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

haha add that to this .... Obama is not even black!

Monica Crowley forwarded smear that Obama has lied about his ethnicity

Now, he was not born in Africa, but the father was from Kenya, the father was from Africa. And according to this genealogy -- and again, because I haven't done the research, I can't verify this -- but according to this guy Kenneth Lamb, Barack Obama is not black African, he is Arab African. And yet, this guy is campaigning as black and painting anybody who dares to criticize him as a racist. I mean, that is -- it is the biggest con I think I've ever seen.

and going back further....

Trump National Security Pick Monica Crowley Pushed WMD Lies And Smeared Refugees As Terrorist Infiltrators

"Monica Crowley said on the October 8, 2002, edition of Fox News’ Fox Wire that “we do know that Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction.” She continued, “We know he has chemical weapons, we know he has biological, and he has a nascent nuclear capability.”

P Trump Barnum is merely adding another cast member to his new show, The Unbelievables and Gullibles.

There will be so many fires set by appointees in the Trump Administration, many steps will be required to stomp them out.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So, Sen. Jeff Sessions hearing is today.

I am trying really, really hard to keep an open mind about his character. He is saying "that's not true" in the face of reminders that he has a record of being unsupportive of abortion even for sex-trafficked youths who are impregnated by johns --- and for voting AGAINST protection of violence against women, gays, etc. Voted AGAINST women and LBGT being protected by HATE CRIMES.

First he says "that doesn't sound like something I would say." And his challenger said "YOU DID SAY IT!" Then he says, "Well, things are taken out of context," he says. Now he's yammering about "state's rights" making it irrelevant for federal attention to hate crime legislation.

He just keeps saying, "It's the law - we will follow the law" or now he's trying to "justify" his vote against protections of violence against tribal members, etc......

He is a bigot, and a racist, and it doesn't matter to me that he once prosecuted two KKK guys. Big whoop. Of course he should have. TheRedneck as said "he killed the KKK" --- well, obviously he did not. They still exist. And he made a remark about "I used to think the KKK was okay, but then I found out some of them smoke pot."

Like POT is worse than violent racism and white supremacists. He's ADMITTING IGNORANCE on things! He said he still thinks Roe and the Hyde Amendment were mistakes. "But it's the law."

I just can't relax about this guy.

edit on 1/10/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

He's just saying "I will, I will, I will follow the law." I don't find him charming or amusing, or even very bright or devoted (how can he not have reviewed his own statements and recorded status on the issues?). The only thing I see in him is him being DEFENSIVE. And justifying his own bigotry under the 'vocabulary' of law. He is all and only ABOUT THE LAW.

Fourteen Hundred law experts - from all over the country - every state that has a law school (only Alaska doesn't have one) --- all SAY IT'S A BAD IDEA.
This guy is obviously a hater, self-righteous, and only gives LIP SERVICE to the interests of those for whom he gives not ONE CRAP.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Lindsey Graham and Jeff Sessions are holding a church service here --- I can't hear what the protestors are shrieking -- but these two men are LIVING THE CARICATURE that they represent.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is now meeting Vasquez, an engineer who fought in the army, and being asked why he thinks the LAW IS MORE IMPORTANT than humane treatment.

He totally totally refused to even address the 800,000 people who are here by no fault of their own, and have CONTRIBUTED TO OUR SOCIETY......

deporting them is what Sessions wants. He thinks they should be deported. He says "the job is about enforcing the law" - and is being challenged about his lack of - UTTER LACK of - the ability to give a crap about anyone.....

just yammered about philosophy --- without answering the question. HE NEVER DID ANSWER IT.
He would deport those people without batting an eye.

I would like to see a documentary about this clown public figure and his upbringing in that tiny cross-roads town in S Alabama. Local boy makes good. Now he's in a gold-fish bowl. It must be hell. I would decline the offer.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay - now - his expression ------ after being called out about those 800,000 "illegal" residents.

He ran out the clock on the above question, and now a cheerleader came on and is saying "we know your heart" - and then handed him a platter of index-cards so he can promote something he did that he's proud of. He is trying, really hard, to separate himself "the man" from himself "the Attorney General."

I officially now feel bad for him.....now he's joking around with misogyny "the wife is always right".

They're saying it's a "caricature" that has been presented to us.....calling the "context" card....but has been presented with his own words. Defending Your Life is one of my favorite movies. This guy, Jeff Sessions, has the very best of intentions...I am convinced of that --- but is woefully misguided about taking a stand himself. Huge conflicts of interest.

He looks scared. I can understand that.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here's the thing. He is ALL RULES. All rules.

There are too many of us who do not comply with the rules. He is all hung up on THE RULES.
Apparently at the expense of individual injury and insult.

Ugh. On the spectrum. More machine than man?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
He's denying that waterboarding ever happened?
He is saying "the military did not waterboard anybody." ?????????? Saying it never happened?

Now we go to slander and media ---- fraudulent media ----

Obeekaybee --- this man, as intelligent as he obviously is, he is just as damaged or "atypical" as Trump!

The rules the laws the rules the laws the rules the laws ----- and the rules. Because laws. Rules. This person is aspergery.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That's the job of Attorney General: enforce the rules, i.e. the law. That's the job description.

Do you not understand that?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That's the job of Attorney General: enforce the rules, i.e. the law. That's the job description.

Do you not understand that?

TheRedneck
Of course I do and do not make fun of me.
I am saying that exactly.

The rules. The law.

He is doing a fantastic job deflecting to "the law." You said 'he would prosecute his own mother'... I am now seeing that for myself. I understand the job.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN ONLY SEE BLACK OR WHITE. Laws. Laws are arbitrary. THere are VERY important reasons not to trust that he will keep his ingrained and stout opinions to himself. It's VERY clear that he never should have been on a High Court, ever.

It seems as though he's saying "I won't be a judge, I'll just be the prosecutor" WHEN WHAT HE IS - IN HIS MIND - is a Supreme Court also-ran who is now getting his 15. He is AS JUDGMENTAL as he can be.
And a warmonger.

You know what, though? I have thought about you often. I read what you said about him earlier in the thread. He is being raked over the coals.......

I'm only watching this - and it ain't fun - because of my regard and respect for you, and an honest and even homework-involving attention to the concerns with which you and yours live. I realize that your area of the nation is far different from the nifty suburbs of Midwestern cities....

and I am truly interested in understanding how you came to your beliefs, what your life has been like, and make sense (reconcile) in my own mind these aspects of you. In many ways you are kind and sincere, but your hatred for liberal ideals like social services and public education and welcoming immigrants doesn't fit in with the Christian prayerful image.

This now seems like Sessions would be JESUS ON EARTH. Sitting in judgment on "the lawmakers". ???????

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

He is saying "the military did not waterboard anybody."

Technically he is correct. The CIA waterboarded.

ETA Unable to watch. Going by what is posted at ATS.

edit on 10-1-2017 by desert because: ETA

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

He is saying "the military did not waterboard anybody."

Technically he is correct. The CIA waterboarded.

ETA Unable to watch. Going by what is posted at ATS.

oh......ooohhh.....yeah. So - the semantics thing.

The precision thing. Like Spock or Data.

So where is the humanity? We don't need a human if it's something a computer can research in 1000th of a nano-second. He's great with "the law" verbiage - to a neurotic degree -
but the understanding of humanity, compassion and empathy, seems totally remote to him.

Technical speak only. Not a shred of humanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

It's a very interesting hearing. I'm watching it on MSNBC, because I couldn't find C-SPAN faster......

he is being challenged on ALL of this stuff. There are the prosecutors with hard questions and glaring blips --- then there are the cheerleaders and bromance southern-boy bonding and

Now there's another protestor! WTF!!! Who goes to shout and be disruptive in the Capitol like that?????

wow

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join