It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

He is pledging to put ALL PROFITS HE HAS FROM OVERSEAS UNITS DIRECTLY INTO THE U.S.TREASURY.

Yes, so his Russian mobster friends don't get it! lol

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

It's really interesting. The woman talking about the "wall" between Trump and his companies did a good job.

I like the HUGE TAX he'll put on any company leaving the US. I like how he'll put ALL PROFITS from the Trump Org's overseas holdings in the US TREASURY.

That's really really commendable and VERY IMPRESSIVE.
It shows real integrity. For a change.

edit on 1/11/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

sigh... I wish I could share optimism with you in re to integrity, but I can't. Donald Trump has no integrity, never had and never will.

And IMO he has no grasp of a world outside his own head. He is truly a pathetic character in the drama about to unfold.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I agree. I'm simply listening to what his handlers have presented to us. OBVIOUSLY this is the work of his sons, his daughter, his lawyers, etc. He may have been told to sit down and zip it, and to behave.

god.

anyway - regardless of the puppetry or script, this whole thing has my attention as a historical event to rival any.

From an anthropological point of view.....

omg....just now - stream of consciousness thinking - I recall I dreamed the other night that someone bit my fingers so hard that I thought they would come right off.......!!! What is that??

ugh.
Anyway...sorry, everybody, but - yeah, this is just a sort of "open house" thread ---- as you navigate your own way through this stuff, here's where you can post it for the community to consider. If you want.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

1. Congressional term limits. Which he promised

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

Hi hi, so ----- couple of months now ---- what are your responses/reactions to his actions and behavior?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That's a good list of things we could start with. Infrastructure is a very good starting point, but that also brings up another issue.

How will we pay for it?

If the Republicans and Trump follow through on their promises to lower taxes, where will the funds come from? Where will the funds come from to build the wall?

I don't think they thought this one through very well.

good question.

today it was answered:

THE TAXPAYERS WILL PAY FOR IT. But Mexico will "reimburse us" by paying tariffs and taxes and lots of fees to come here at all. The wall.

The TAXPAYERS are going to front the money, and then Mexico's economy is going to pay us back.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hi hi, so ----- couple of months now ---- what are your responses/reactions to his actions and behavior?

He is not even POTUS yet. So anybody that is willing to throw him under the bus or give him huge accolades at this time is likely a political cheerleader.

So I think we need more time. However even though I always felt he was a conman and I didn't vote for him, I do like that the MSM and hollywood are annoyed by him. I also like the fact that Clinton is not our POTUS.

So far I'm where I always was with him . He can go eitherway make positive changes cause of his ego , or he will be a lobbyist shill like Hillary would have been.

I did like how he came across as being human today in his speech versus spitting out canned trained response to the press.

I think the whole Build a Wall thing is BS and stupid.

I like that he said he was going to make it not attractive for companies to take jobs overseas.

I think bringing back manufacturing jobs to the US is a short term goal.It Won't address bigger issues facing the American middle class like outsourcing good jobs or work force automation right around the corner.

I'm on the fence on the people he has hired for his team. I can see it as a good thing to hire insiders but that can also mean more of the same?

So yeah , Im still in the Uhm and skeptical middle of the road about him , but still with a slight tiny of the tiniest slight chance of optimism that I would have never had with Hillary.

Hillary was where the politician mold came from. Lets see how it progresses.

In regards to the following:

1. Congressional term limits. Which he promised
Will see, but not good so far from what I can see.

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector
He has done more than the rest so far by putting a 5 year clause to prevent this.

6. Transparency
He has been more transparent than the rest by the fact that he is not scripted when he talks nor does he have the press on his side like Hillary. But will see.

edit on 09131America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jan 2017 14:09:38 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I don't usually watch, just catch news/commentary afterward. So, I read this from Trump news conf... "does anyone in this room think Hillary Clinton would be tougher on Putin than me?".... Uh, Donald, that's exactly what they think. People voted for you for a couple reasons: you were not going to be as tough as HRC and you were going to be nicer to Russia. People didn't want a "warmonger", so now you'll be tougher than the "warmonger". But, yeah, Donald, turn it all into a pissing match, or, in your case, a golden shower.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Why does it look to me like a 'green screen' behind Rex?

The focus of the shot, the digital pixelation.......

not that I'm saying he's a fail ----- but - why does the screen look like his image is superimposed upon some other scene that is taking place?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
so ---- Tillerson live feed......

the guy in the blue tie ----- I'm thinking Secret Service.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yeah guys and gals....I can't do any more today. I'll catch up with you all later

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My impressions on the press conference:

It appears to me that Trump is probably working harder than the current President. He has worked up a legal wall around his business that looks like it absolutely forbids him having any contact with his business. And it wasn't done with a rubber-stamp form... this was carefully thought out and custom prepared to ensure not even a hint of perception of conflict of interest can get through.

The details are above my pay grade, but as someone who has owned a corporation... looks like he built that wall out of titanium. I also liked the part where he is donating all profits from foreign leaders directly to the Treasury. That's above and beyond, well beyond what I would have ever expected from an elected official. And as he said, unnecessary. Renting someone a hotel room is not a gift. But it's a fantastic gesture.

I loved it when the guy from his campaign who was supposedly in Prague... wasn't the guy from his campaign. Right name, wrong person. Oopsy, CNN!

The Russian hacking comments I liked. Trump explained his issue with the CIA (sounds like he just proved there are internal leaks), and promised to investigate... not just Russia, but all foreign powers. He's also taking a more pragmatic approach: not trying to start a war, but rather ensuring hacking in is no longer so easy to do. And I still say, the DNC, like the RNC, is NOT an official government entity... and most certainly should never have had sensitive national information in the first place.

The wall explanation sounded reasonable to me, and was pretty much what I expected. Get the thing built now, don't wait on negotiations with Mexico. I also never expected the Mexican government to cut a check with "Border Wall" in the comments. There are other, more realistic ways to get them to pay up.

But, as was just stated, Trump has officially done nothing yet (except separate from his company). He is not President until Jan. 20. So far I am pleased with him, but that will be the true test.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump explained his issue with the CIA (sounds like he just proved there are internal leaks)

No. He didn't, and there aren't. He said it was Russia (but everyone does it, too!). He was confronted personally by the collected heads of the intel agencies. He was told what's real.

He also says the TAXPAYERS will pay for the wall. He did some fancy soft-shoe dance about how it will be "reimbursed" in "trade tariffs" or "taxes", but 'it's all a wash.' Do you for one minute think that means you'll get some of your taxes back personally? Ha ha ha ha ha........no.
Just like the banks didn't pay us back - they keep gouging us in that same eye. And you keep thinking that's acceptable?

No. They won't pay for it. While I feel that I have given him the benefit of the doubt at every turn where it was possible, you seem less willing to accept the fact that he lives in a fantasy-world of his own device....one he can check out of anytime he likes, but he can never LEAVE.

He is out of touch with reality. Kellyanne is a total twit, by the way.

Like I said, I'm giving him a chance. I'd like you to admit where his weak points are.....
RUSSIA HACKED US.
Russia is even now using "kompromat" (faked sex tapes with look-alikes) to try to blackmail him. Russia is NOT. OUR. FRIEND.

The only thing "new" that Trump will say is when he's backing out of everything he promised to do......

while these hearings are FAR more important and interesting. He did a fairly good job of staying focused and only went off on his adjectival tributary of wonderful tremendous love for about a minute. He has established his style and it won't change. All the sniffing and gesticulating and stiff-necked posturing and spokesperson deployment just highlights how incapable he is of spontaneous dialogue himself.

The lawyer lady explained the divestment thing well - and I'm particularly enthused about his saying he will put ALL PROFITS FROM FOREIGN BUSINESS CONTRACTS DIRECTLY TO THE U.S. TREASURY.....except how in the hell will he enforce this if he's to be utterly isolated from those same dealings and their spreadsheets?

Eric and Don??

Somewhere in there he or one of his minions claimed he's "On a par with the Rockefellers" - yeah, right. But we don't get to see his proof of that. It's just him boasting. Considering himself equal to Rockefeller?
edit on 1/12/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
well the first thing you mentioned is irrelevant,,popular vote hasn't been and isn't presently an issue, sore losers are trying to make it an issue. Check this out, what if the dems decide to run a not very popular candidate like Bernie or Pocahontas and Trump won the popular vote ???? Either way you guys are screwed. Bernie and Pokie would get about 200 votes in South Carolina, about 2000 in Florida, get my drift ? First thing Trump needs to do is repeal EVERY executive order obaba just wrote, put all of those 1100+ armed drug dealers he just let out back in jail along with the terrorists that Obama let out of Guantanamo, that would be a good start.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: synthetichuman

welcome to the thread. please catch up. (armed drug dealers? No. only non-violent offenders were let out.)
"we" aren't any less screwed than you are, pal. I'm not gay, or brown or black or asian or middle-eastern. I'm a white woman - educated, and a home-owner and parent with many many miles behind me.

what's your story? The South is still, and has always been, behind the rest of America --- you should do some research into real history. Those born there are not to blame for having been born there - but they are personally accountable for their failure over the last 20 years to get up to speed with the world and general knowledge - there is NO PLACE in the U.S.A that does not have at least remote access to libraries. If you are on the internet, it is your responsibility to learn as much as you can and not just insult others.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

He said it was Russia

If burglars keep walking in through an open door and stealing your stuff, it's probably a good idea to close the door. It's probably not a good idea to start a fight with the biggest (and best-armed) burglar before you close the door. While you're busy getting shot at, the other burglars are still robbing you.

You're right in that Russia is not our friend. I wish they were. I lived through the Cold War. I remember having attack drills in school, where we stopped everything we were doing to hide under our desks and wait on the mushroom clouds (I still want to know what was in those desks to make them H-bomb-proof). I consider that a bad thing, and I would really like to avoid it. So let's close the front door and put a lock on it (establish effective cyber-security measures), and then fight back against anyone who picks the lock.

Incidentally, Russia did nothing we haven't been doing to other countries. The only difference is this time it was done to us.

He also says the TAXPAYERS will pay for the wall.

Fine. Considering the benefits that wall will bring with it in terms of less human trafficking, less illegal employment leading to more legal employment, less illegal import of dangerous drugs, and less violence along our southern border, I think it's a good investment anyway. I believe he might be able to get the funds from Mexico, but if he doesn't... at least we get the border secured.

Oh, and I have never expected to get anything "back personally." That is just unrealistic.

I'd like you to admit where his weak points are.....

The biggest weakness I see at this time are his inexperience and possibly unrealistic expectations of the office capabilities. I thought he sounded more Presidential during the press conference, but he is still somewhat of a loose cannon. That has worked for him in business, but I am not convinced it will work as well in politics.

I am concerned that his lavish lifestyle may prevent him from having realistic expectations of how average people have to live... but that seems to be a constant in politics, not restricted to him.

On the issues, I do have some disagreements with him. The largest is that I do not support the War on Drugs. I think he does, and I have no doubt that Sessions will aggressively pursue the present laws. I wish Obama would have pushed legalization when he had the opportunity, but I guess raising insurance premiums was more important to him.

I also don't expect Trump to aggressively support anti-trust legislation, something I think is badly needed.

I want to see the new healthcare plan before I praise it. Obamacare is a complete and utter failure, but that does not mean anything is better. I want better, not worse. I also want to see the few provisions that I agree with (like pre-existing condition coverage) maintained. Outside of single-payer, I do not see how that is feasible.

There will be more after Jan. 20, I'm sure.

except how in the hell will he enforce this if he's to be utterly isolated from those same dealings and their spreadsheets?

Because that is a provision in the trust he has set up. Eric and li'l Don will be in violation of the trust if this stipulation is not followed, and could be prosecuted or at least divested from the business themselves. That's what all those papers were for. Trump has established exactly how the business will run down to the smallest detail, and then specified that he cannot have any access to the business information except the profit/loss statements. He still owns the business, but he has no control over the business save what's in those papers.

That move shocked me. He cost himself untold millions, possibly billions, of dollars in legal fees and future lost opportunities just to avoid any conflict of interest. That is unprecedented.

And appreciated.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The South is still, and has always been, behind the rest of America

That's very bigoted of you to say, Buzzy.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No. It's true. It is neither disrespectful nor bigoted. There are metropolises in the south that are modern --- and classy, educated people there, too. But there is an indisputable unwillingness to conform to anything considered "liberal" there, and for you to deny that is ridiculous. The ultra-conservative no-gays no-abortions dry-county only-Jesus people are holding the south back. For heaven's sake -- some GREAT PEOPLE have come out of the south. Yourself included.....

but in general --- well - it is what it is.

Some of the smartest and most talented people around hailed from there (and have LEFT).
I'm not as naive as you think. My husband is a rural Missouri "redneck." I know what I'm talking about.
The South is behind the curve of modern society.

They are the leaders of this "anti-progress" movement. Because THEY LACK THE EDUCATION and means to get out of it!!

A REGION LEFT BEHIND: LOST OPPORTUNITY IN THE DEEP SOUTH.

First in a series.
Read Part 2: Graduating, but to what?
Read Part 3: A grim bargain
Read Part 4: A lonely road

Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia. Even Diane Sawyer is from there!!!

Sheesh. Stop being so defensive. I care that you and yours are cared for! What do you not understand about that????

I have absolute sympathy and compassion for the plight of the people down there. I DO understand it. You can keep ignoring that obvious fact, but I am doing my level best here to find bridges across this chasm of ours. Are you????

WHAT ARE YOU DOING to build this bridge, man?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I wish they were. I lived through the Cold War. I remember having attack drills in school, where we stopped everything we were doing to hide under our desks and wait on the mushroom clouds (I still want to know what was in those desks to make them H-bomb-proof).

SO DID I!

Do you really think you're that much ahead of me? Sir, I have two grown kids, 28 and 26. I turned 58 right before thanksgiving. Been around the block, visited MANY places, have relatives in the South, and am not in ANY way unfamiliar with the way of life down there.

Give me some freaking credit PLEASE.

You REALLY need to meet me halfway here. I am investigating and watching and sharing my impressions ---- i have more than once, in several threads, tried to say "okay, Trump said this that I agree with." Even recently I have acknowledged and applauded the things he has said he will do that I agree with!

Gimme me a break, dude. I grew up in freaking KANSAS.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

History of Appalachian People in US | Appalachian mountains - Pt 1

Watch it for more information......

there are also other docus that highlight the facts of the Appalachian and southern region. It's not an insult to say they are left behind....because they are.

Rich in culture, and bounty ---- but it has become a mess........

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join