It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well, thank you Buzzy!

I am glad to hear you are seeing what I already had seen from Sessions: he believes in the rule of law wholeheartedly. That's why I think he is perfect for the job. He would prosecute TRUMP if he felt it was appropriate to uphold the law.

Believe it or not, I want to understand your position as well. Knowledge is a good thing. Feel free to ask me anything.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Now it's "voter law".... and how he has suppressed the vote. And he has. He's stammering about the law law and nope and nu uh....nope. No. No bigot. That's not true.

and I am really appalled that he has said to EVERY ONE OF THE BIG QUESTIONS that the media have been discussing ----- he says "Well, I don't know about that. I haven't researched that. I haven't looked into that. I will have to look into that."

omg.

Now we're on to immigration again - his questioner is pressing him on his anti-immigration stance.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes. I really do. In fact --

---------another protestor!

ETC: Yes, I do want to understand. The guy is just focused on semantics and law TO A FAULT.

edit on 1/10/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Well, thank you Buzzy!

I am glad to hear you are seeing what I already had seen from Sessions: he believes in the rule of law wholeheartedly. That's why I think he is perfect for the job. He would prosecute TRUMP if he felt it was appropriate to uphold the law.

Believe it or not, I want to understand your position as well. Knowledge is a good thing. Feel free to ask me anything.

TheRedneck

Okay, but now it's turned to the elephant in the room ---- he wanted to be a judge. He was not hired. He is now in a position to be an utterly corrupted "prosecutor." I am listening to him......it's a tricky thing, see, because HE WANTED TO BE A JUDGE, and has acknowledged that HIS VALUES are different.

See? He just said --- judges advance their political agenda.... he just acknowledged that. This is getting interesting....Executive overreach, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

In the spirit of fostering understanding between our cultures...

I believe that every citizen has a right to vote once and once only in a given election. Given that, I believe that some form of voter identification should be required. I oppose any such system that restricts any citizen's right to vote, but I do not believe requiring ID restricts anyone from legally voting.

The situation I think you refer to was brought by people who believed their absentee ballots were being changed. According to the subsequent investigation, that was happening. The people prosecuted were black, yes, but so were those who complained. This was not about a bunch of rich white guys trying to stop poor blacks from voting; it was a group of blacks in official capacity changing ballots legally submitted from black voters. It had nothing to do with restricting access. It was about illegally changing people's votes.

I respect the fact that he is honest enough to admit when a question references something he is not informed of. I value honesty.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I missed the part about activist judges. Did he say it as something that happens, or as something he thinks should happen?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OH GOD.....

Now Cruz has grabbed the mic.

OH god

oh and now another pair of actors pretending to be incensed protestors......

this is so horrid.

Wow....and he's gained AT LEAST 25 pounds. Nice flat-top, too.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
anyway - another break here.

Yes, I'm watching the MSNBC version ---- not the Breitbart or Infowars version.......

I understand there are other hearings going on that are not on this channel I'm watching.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Please look at the published evidence. The topic was brought up about how attorneys can be "activists" and also how judges are "activists."

A brief google search turned up nothing....but it was a topic.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here you go, people. Sessions Confirmation Hearing coverage from The Hill Follow it yourselves......
Just remember that what comes out of his mouth IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY.

There is NO back-pedaling allowed. Being grilled by 105 senators does not sound like something I'd want to do........
but what the heck.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sessions tries to speak around this by taking a page out of Kellyanne Conway’s book of saying a bunch of words in the form of recognizable sentences that in their entirety don’t mean anything.

Source

ATS is the right-wing version of forums now. DailyKos is the left-wing.

Alternet is officially (in my opinion and on my list of sources) sensationalist. Like the equiv of Alex Jones. And ATS is now Breitbart Lite.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

ER, I was respectfully asking for your input. I have not been able to watch all day, and I wanted to know the context they spoke of activist judges.

TheRedneck

edit on 1/10/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This press conference is really impressive. Just listening to the woman from the lawyers....he really is cutting himself off from the Trump Org. I'm impressed, relieved, and think maybe I touched the bottom so I have a toehold on the ground...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
holy hell!!!!!!!!!!! He is pledging to put ALL PROFITS HE HAS FROM OVERSEAS UNITS DIRECTLY INTO THE U.S.TREASURY.

Oh wow.
Okay, I'm sold. Let him in.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
OOOppss! Yeah. He just lost his train of thought. Going off about the wall......and they're nice and great and love them and here it is reimbursement......

he's feeling very tense.

Until now, it was exemplary and very presidential behavior. Oh well. So ----- the time since my last post to this one is the amount of time I was being really impressed......

now he's rambling and doing the word salad thing......

tremendous wonderful brilliant very very big so big and love them and so nice and wonderful and tremendous

LOL!!!! It was his fifteen minutes!!
now we're on the "fake news" thing. ughhgh

edit on 1/11/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
LOL LLINNZEEgramm.
see - he does not forget prior transgressions.....so much untapped bitterness. I know how he feels, as they explained in that docu that I posted before in another thread.....he was an outsider competing with the big kids...he wanted to be as glitzy as they were.."I'll show them!"..... I was horribly treated by 'the cool kids' in my one-high-school town, too.

I walked away 40 years ago and haven't been back, though.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

ER, I was respectfully asking for your input. I have not been able to watch all day, and I wanted to know the context they spoke of activist judges.

TheRedneck

Have you had a chance to get up to date? I had to quit watching it before I saw your post......

this really is gripping.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now he sounds like a mobster threatening Russia and China --- that they will show some respect!!!!

They are going to respect me. Even if we don't get along. China China - yes......Japan, Mexico --- ALL COUNTRIES will respect us far more than they do under other administrations.

Not bad.
Fairly prezzy....

he'll say to his kids, "You're fired."

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What's weird in my own experience, observing myself: I didn't watch Obama's goodbye. (I didn't watch the Golden Globes either, but that's different.) But I am watching this. And the Sessions thing. And the Intelligence Powwow....

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think it's weird how no one wants to perform at the inauguration.

Not even any good ole' boys? Alan Jackson, or Travis Tritt??? Garth or Brad Paisley or any of those current superstars???

I'm stymied at every turn in this sequence of events. Fascinating.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join