It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Should No Longer Be Allowed To Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That system is due to our democratic principles, when the majority of people decide who our leaders are it has to be a very simple and basic decision, any more and the LCDs get confused and violent. I've come to accept this reality: you can't fix stupid, and they ultimately decide which oligarch gets to rule over us. The oligarch's system works because average Americans are not responsible or intelligent enough to make real political decisions.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

So I guess I'm saying, why not tests for the candidates for elected office rather than the voters? Why not a more stringent criteria for being eligible to run for office?

I do agree with that.

Only the most ruthless and cunning should be eligible to rule America. Maybe we are already there.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

As are many others. In terms of a reset however, I think that's what it would take.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

A reset is the eventual and inevitable solution. The corruption has become so entrenched into every single branch of government that you can't expect it to fix itself or produce a solution from itself in the form of a candidate. Or another way to put it is, would you expect a man robbing your home to hand you a gun to shoot him with? The solution will never come from the source of the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

I agree. I've said many times over the past few weeks that any change involving the federal government will have to come from the bottom up. The lines that separate the powers are gone. Our checks and balances have gone off the ledger.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

My only worry in the change through the bottom up scenario is that by the time someone with righteous ideals and policies reaches a seat in washington that they will have had to compromise and sellout so many times to further their cause that they themselves have become corrupt as the rest. If you don't play ball their way you don't get far and if you do play ball they have dirt on you like they have on all of each other.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Unless you go with a randomization by say, a roll the dice system. Every 3 years, and 9 months people are picked from a lottery of random other people.

Then give them tests, and if they pass, they can run the country for a set time.

AND, you set the pay to minimum wage, and it's a part-time position.

Any Lobbying, and it's prison. Any bribery, prison.

link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

They're allowed to vote it just doesn't count.

link   

The solution will never come from the source of the problem.

Oh but there will be a solution, when Americans are truly fed up, we will elect the 'outsider' who has been presented to us by the source of the problem. It was something I pondered when Ron Paul was running, he was a gauge to see how many people were slightly aware of what is going on, once that gauge red-lines it will be total lock-down America.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Try to take away my vote and you'll meet the only thing you'd have a harder time taking from me. I'll keep my vote, thank you.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I think Ron Paul was a true rogue and had truly good intentions. He knew exactly what needed to be done to put the country back on course to being a true constitutional republic again. Abolishing the federal reserve and going back to a sound monetary policy being key to that change. To stop policing the world another and to stop government spying on its own people. A limited government with minimal involvement in peoples personal lives is what the founding fathers established and for good reason. The more a government gets involved in peoples lives the more of a mess it creates.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

While I agree that no persons right to vote should be taken away, I say also that you should use that other thing you defend so lovingly to take back the power of your vote. The peoples vote lost its power in 1913 and now the true power to influence government lies in the hands of the corporate elite and bankers.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly. It's easy to sit on one's couch and complain about how bad things are. But there's nothing more patriotic than working to make sure that all of our citizens can have better lives. Whining alone does nothing.

Also, an end to democracy would be just what the world's powerbroker's want. Getting rid of voting would hand them the final bits of power and make it cheaper for them to keep control. At least my voting has a direct effect at the State and local level. Plus, I find a bit of pleasure in seeing them spend huge gobs of money just for their preferred candidates to fail (like when they spent $150 million on Jeb and he still flopped, muahahahaha!).

When I think about it, it's ridiculous that supposed "anti-NWO/anti-globalist/anti-establishment/anti-Illuminati" conspiracy theorists would want less democracy instead of more. They should be fighting for more power to be placed into the hands of the people, not for all of the decisions to go to those who already have power. We might as well be an absolute monarchy if we're going to do that.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
Any Lobbying, and it's prison. Any bribery, prison.

Not dismissing the rest of what you said, but this right here irks the ever-loving f# out of me. Lobbying might as well be legal bribery (yes, I know it is) and no one disagrees with it. WTF. No, that should be as illegal as any other kind of bribery, ban the hell out of it & impose stiff punishments for violations.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I find it baffeling you blame Democracy as a whole when your OP clearly shows the problem to be due to imposed limitations within our current implementation of it.

The problem appears to be more an issue with a bipartisan system which has limited variance, and an agenda not for the common people.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Completely plausible. It's the duty of the constituents to keep them in line.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Cygnis

It's called an EMP. Life without instant communication would change lots of things...quickly.

So would life without food, transportation, electricity. Anyone on life support would die within hours, anyone dependent on oxygen or insulin or cardiac medication would perish within the first few days, anyone with a pacemaker or internal defibrillator would be killed immediately or die shortly thereafter of heart failure. Every baby in every NICU, every patient in the ICU in every hospital in the country would all die if we were hit with an EMP.

That would not be a "reset". That would be Armageddon. Communications being down would be the very least of our concerns if an EMP hit us.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I'm certainly aware of the MANY implications that we are talking about here. Don't mistake my words for a wish. I'm simply talking the extremes that it would actually take to put our government back in line with the American people.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

Yep. Citizens need more power, not less. Things like more recalls of elected officials, the ability to vote on specific members of State and federal Cabinet positions, nationwide referendums on specific issues like federal legalization of maryjane, a public vote before launching wars, etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Don't worry. Our votes don't count anyway. This election season is only a taste of what's to come. The Ruling Party Dems run 80% of the Media. We're told who to vote for. We're told anti-dems information such as the Wikileaks emails are illegal and should be avoided. There isn't democracy in America only the illusion of one, presented through the lens of the State Run MSM.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join