It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California woman faces possible jail time for selling signature dish online

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mobiusmale

Oh, they are all about making sure they enforce all those petty little codes for us little people.

We recently had one of the biggest BBQ competitions in the country here. You know what they were going to do with all that extra Que? They were going to donate it to local food banks and missions to feed homeless people one kick@ss meal, but the food gestappo had to step in and save teh starving. You see they could not account for all of the time in the chain, so they dumped out all that luiscious competition Que and dumped bleach on it.

It's better that way. Wouldn't want the homeless to eat food that might have been at a one or two degree temp difference for a couple minutes!

Hyperbole much?

There are regulations for a reason, and saying 'one doesn't have to buy it' doesn't cut it in this society where food is regularly transacted.

I'll leave this quote from earlier in the thread from a member who can state 'why?' in a much clearer fashion than myself.

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: mobiusmale

People die from foodbourne illness, thousands every year and many many more end up in the hospital. That number would be exponentially higher without the safeguards that are in place.

This lady was selling raw fish and they were warned to stop. She should not go to jail, but she needs to stop. How would you feel if your loved one died because this irresponsible person didn't want to follow the rules?

edit on 7-11-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

With that logic , I like to drive my car like I'm on the Dukes of hazzard so if you don't like it just get out of the way. Easy solution!

Or Just pay the thousands of dollars it costs to have a legit retail kitchen built just like every other hardworking restaurateur does. And then train the quickly rotating staff how to understand why they have to clean and follow food safety handling properly and diligently.

Why should she be exempt? Because everyone here's a real do it yourself patriot and the man is keeping you away from your good given right to die from norovirus. amen citizens!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

3 strikes in California for a life sentence for one.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We have reached the point in our society where the most innocent of intentions can be twisted into a crime, with no intent, no malice, no victims... only disapproval from a government gone awry. America was built on a spirit of independence and self-sufficiency. It thrived and prospered. We now base our society on a spirit of fear and control... and we are withering and dying.

I really wish more people had this sentiment, it is sad reading this thread and seeing people willfully and provocatively wanting more regulation than we already have....apparently we are not allowed to exercise common sense any more and need to follow instructions for our own well being......

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

you need a permit.

I would like the right to choose to eat whatever the hell i a deem appropriate without you and any of your government regulations telling that i can do so.....

I am happy with my own choices and ability to decide what is good FOR ME !.....

Here's a tip...do not go anywhere in Asia you might have a food attack

edit on 8-11-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Would your opinion change if someone close to you died of food poisoning from eating dodgy food?

Pretty sure it would.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Would your opinion change if someone close to you died of food poisoning from eating dodgy food?

Pretty sure it would.

Even with regulation people die from dodgy food...the difference is the ability to sue someone that is really all there is to this....i get it that you want to sue the # out of a licensee if you got sick or someone you know did or died....that should not regulate me in my decision to eat something that grandma cooked...do you understand that ?
edit on 8-11-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one got arrested for eating it...

Try and use a little critical thinking, instead of emotional thinking....

And she had multiple opportunities to avoid jail, that's her choice to become a martyr

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

No one is stopping you from eating what you want.

In fact no one would have stopped her either if she didn't sell the food, or just get a permit like everyone else.

Why should she be exempt and others not?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No one is stopping you from eating what you want.

In fact no one would have stopped her either if she didn't sell the food, or just get a permit like everyone else.

Why should she be exempt and others not?

The regulations are counterproductive to ones choice.........it makes no difference if the food is free or paid for it should still be a choice !.....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

No worries, so you must also respect the choice of the chef that didn't wash his hands after wiping his arse who then proceeded to knead your pizza dough straight afterwards.

It's his choice afterall...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I would like the right to choose to eat whatever the hell i a deem appropriate without you and any of your government regulations telling that i can do so.....

As I have said, over and over, you are free to eat and drink whatever you want. Go drink water from the gutter outside your house and while there eat the opossum that got run over last week. That is your right.

You do not have the right to sell it to somebody else. It's real fu/%ing simple. These rules are in place to protect morons like you that have no idea the harm unregulated food can do.

Hundreds of thousands would die.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

No amount of red tape or government oversight is going to stop some person with poor hygiene or intent to contaminate the food you are being served ......it is not the regulations that determine food to be safe or not...granted in a a commercial environment they are needed to maintain standards as they are very poor...that is not my argument however i would like the choice of what i eat regardless of what some short sighted bureaucrat has to say about it.....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

you need a permit.

Yeah, watch out for the dumplings filled with cardboard fried in gutter oil.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

As I have said, over and over, you are free to eat and drink whatever you want. Go drink water from the gutter outside your house and while there eat the opossum that got run over last week. That is your right.

DUH...you are also free to drink the water out of your toilet if you wish...your argument is benign

You do not have the right to sell it to somebody else. It's real fu/%ing simple. These rules are in place to protect morons like you that have no idea the harm unregulated food can do.

No they are there to protect morons like you that have no idea how to tell for themselves....whether you like it or not it should be my choice to buy whatever i like and my choice to decide if it is good or bad for me....i feel sorry for you that you are unable to make that distinction

Hundreds of thousands would die.

You should make a sign and save as many people as you can

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Food can be scary that is why you should be diligent.....i am not downplaying the danger of bad food i am fighting for my right to choose what is good....for myself...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Possum is tough and kinda stringy. Snake is delicious. Coon is tough and greasy. Squirrel is good, but there's not much meat and you have to watch out for voles (parasites that poison the meat).

With a strong enough immunity, the water in the gutter won't harm you. Most people no longer have that kind of immunity, though.

See? Not everyone who eats unregulated food dies. Heck, if I get hungry enough, I'll fight the cats for that mouse/rat, and eat the cat if I lose the fight.

TheRedneck

ETA: Do NOT try to drink gutter water. 99.99% of people do not have the immunity their ancestors had. That includes you.

edit on 11/8/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Would you prefer people are able to sell food without any checks? What happens when someone gets sick? I, for one, am happy that anyone selling food has to pass through hoops.

Oh and REALLY quite pathetic to throw in the Clinton comment. What does she have to do with this?

I think the government should stay out of everyday life.

If someone knowingly buys food from someone not licensed to sell it, then that's their risk and they are taking it knowingly.

If someone wants to buy only from licensed sellers, that's their choice too.

What's going to happen to all of those church Chicken Bakes, and Cake Sales?

That's a wonderful world you live. Sadly, I live in the real world

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tigertatzen

Here's thing: NO ONE FORCES ANYONE TO BUY IT! If you don't feel it is safe, then don't buy it. It is very simple. Who are you to decide that no one should make the decision for themselves?

People shouldn't eat undercooked hamburger either, but many still do. Some even order it that way at restaurants. Is it your job or mine to make that decision for them? Why is it the responsibility of the state to save them from themselves?

I eat undercooked egg. I eat sushi. I eat a lot of things that many might not deem "proper." No one forced them to eat that way. I am aware of the risks I take. OMG! I eat raw cookie dough ... Are you going to order the food police into my home to save me from myself? I might get salmonella and die, you know ...

Look, I appreciate what you are saying, but the simple fact is that a lot of people cannot be trusted to make the right choices. And what you would end up with is millions of lawsuits. The government HAS to get involved up to a point with important matters like food safety.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well you obviously never bothered to worry about how your food is prepared in public eating places if you didn't know that there are food regulations in place for the correct preparation of food.

are allowed to sell guns

Speaking of guns, like the food industry there is science and metallurgy behind the manufacture of weapons. Or would you like to operate a gun and have the barrel rip into your face because it was built in someones back yard metalshop.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join